Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-11, 11:20 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Well i was on guntersville today..........

YES, i FINALLY got to the big "g" today. got to the launch at 4:30 am, had ot wait in line for about 30 mins cause EVERYONE was there it seemed,lol. go the RAJUN CAJUN in the water adn started fishing. the others were ripping outta there and just looking at me like i was crazy for fishing right there. they may have been right.

started out on the pads with 2 dofferent types of frogs. neither one was working. buzzbait...nuthin. lizzard...again nuthin. went to a spinnerbait, nuthin. 12"worm, nuthin. 2 different crank baits.nutin still (get the pattern? lol)

so after fishing for 5 hrs. and going from b.b.comer bridge down to jones cove, then over to goose pond and the scottsboro city park and all points in between, i dcided to take a little nap. tied off under the bridge and i was out like a light, haha. there is NOTHING like napping in oyur boat tied off under a bridge feeling the waves rock you like oyur momma did as a kid. only the passing cars, trucks and motorcycles reminded me i wasn't in my mommas lap. napped for a couple hours, ate asnack concisting of beef jerky, chips and a mountain dew (drank my morning COKE and frozen reeses that morning).

then started jigging under the bridge and boat houses. once again..........not a single nibble. so i loaded up the rig and went home. when i launched this morning oyu couldn't find a spot to park it seemed. when i left. there were only 4 trucks there including mine. hahaha. at least i wasn't alone in having a bad "catching" day. but it sure felt great to be out there on the BIG "G". maybe the front that was coming in (lots of wind when leaving) had something to do with the bite. maybe the hurricane or the earthquake was the reason. whatever it was it wasn't a good day to catch fish. but i had a great day out on the water.

it'll be a while before i can hit "g" again. maybe not till next spring. i got a LOT of things to do around here before it gets too cold. hopefully i can hit ROSS BARNETT come october with the mudboy and the bubba the brusier then.

or if it gets cloudy and lisa says "let's go", well hit the mudhole called weiss.
so that is MY report gang. sorry as it is. lol!!!
Old 08-28-11, 12:01 AM   #2
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Sorry you didn't catch anything, Bama, but great to hear to got out there and at least enjoyed some time on the water. Thanks for the report!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 05:39 AM   #3
keithdog

Well it sounds like no one was catchin much of anything, so the nap was in order, lol. Sorry the fish didn't cooperate bud. Gues it will be grilled beef for dinner. You'll catch'em next time.
Old 08-28-11, 08:23 AM   #4
lilmule

At least you got out and had a good nap,they arnt hitting frogs well here either in the pads,maybe 1 keeper or short 14 in fish per outing on a horny toad,floaters seem to draw a swirl and no take.
Hopefully cooler water will change that 82 f back there now,so its dropped 6 deg,but by the time its in sixties here be high n dry,as its a drawdown lake.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 01:18 PM   #5
Bassboss

Sounds like the nap and beef jerky was the highlight of the trip! lol

Better luck next time though, you'll catch a few once it starts cooling down I'm sure.
Old 08-28-11, 02:05 PM   #6
Tavery5

Sorry you didn't catch any fish, but a nap on the lake sounds like a winner to me.
Old 08-28-11, 05:34 PM   #7
bassinbob

There's been many a time I wanted to nap when out on the water. The only problem is there isn't any room in a little 14ft semi vee. Glad ya got out Bama, too bad ya got zeroed.
Old 08-28-11, 07:10 PM   #8
bamabassman

thanks gang. i had fun at any rate. out on the water jsut clears the mind, body and soul sometimes ya know.
Old 09-04-11, 08:02 PM   #9
Embrey
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

and here ive been thinking of going down there...hmmm
Embrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 09:13 PM   #10
bamabassman

come on down embry......fornt moving through RIGHT now. raining and cooler temps are here at last. yesterday it reached 96 at my house. today.......bout mid 80's and dropping. supposed to rain all day tomorrow. clearing out tomorrow night and tuesday with cooler temps all week. slight chance of rain during the week. i am PLANNING on fishing next weekend. gonna see how it goes.
Old 09-04-11, 09:50 PM   #11
Embrey

well, im tryin to wait for a good time. last year i got antsy and came WAY too early. we caught one fish a piece in 3 days. lol. 1 keeper,and one 7 lber. wantin to get on the frog bite a bit i hope
Old 09-04-11, 10:06 PM   #12
lilmule

Sit still theres always hope a frog might bite ya yet
Stand better chance of that this year than bass on a frog anyway,been a lousy year for froging
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 10:17 PM   #13
bamabassman

yeah, i agree when i went i had 2 different forgs tied on and NOTHING. but then agian i didn't get a bite on ANYTHING i threw that day. but i think that some good days are coming in jsut a little while over there. cranks are still doing good on weiss iheard. bass still holding onto ledges roud here i think. maybe in a week or two they'll move up.
Old 09-05-11, 08:51 AM   #14
Embrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
Sit still theres always hope a frog might bite ya yet
Stand better chance of that this year than bass on a frog anyway,been a lousy year for froging
well that sucks...just not hearing good things about down there now that i seriously think about going this past year

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.