Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-08, 08:32 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default go and win it for the S E C FLORIDA!

ok, florida won a very hard fought and tough game. they will now play for the national championship. GOOD LUCK FLORIDA! you guys deserve to play for the title. you won the game fair and square. it was a fantastic game. alabama did an extremily good job this year when they weren't supposed to. i am so proud of this team. only 9 seniors and they are champions in my book and will be remembered as the guys that helped alabama get back on the right track. CONGRATS TO FLORIDA. NOW GO OUT THERE AND WIN IT FOR THE S E C!!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-08, 10:25 PM   #2
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You are just inviting Sir Lance-A-Lot to a debate, aren't you?
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-08, 12:05 AM   #3
bamabassman

hahaha, no i didn't think of that when i started this. just being loyal to the conference. i hope that lancer don't think that for real. but whatever, lmao.
Old 12-07-08, 01:40 PM   #4
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Talking

I certainly have no argument with BamaBAssMan's wish for his conference to triumph. I'd feel the same way in behalf of the LargeDozen if WhinyBaby Brown and the Whorns were in the big one instead of some guys who averaged over a point per minute this season.

Besides, the guy that does the Gardening/Obituary/Sports/Boll Weevil Control column for the Choleraville AL semi-weekly "Alarmist" will name Saban's fine crew Undisputed All-Universe Champions, based "on their body of work" over the decades.

In all honesty, I was rootin' for 'Bammer for all the right reasons PLUS...a field and both sides of the stands bright with Crimson and Cream (plain old white for...) for the MNC Game would look simply lovely, IMHO, in comparison with the gawdawful Orange and Blew.

BTW, BBM, please squelch the rumor that a certain UA fan of our acquaintance was found defunct and a-dangle in the corn crib, having hanged himself with #50 PowerPro. Surely they found him in time! Oh, the HUMANITY!!!

Back to biznezz...I am by no means confident that OU can defeat Flawda but it'll be an honor to be on the same field with Tim and The Chompers.
And, to my Dad (Up THERE): Pop, I know you're a Mizzou alum but would please quit bribing the Big Guy to send down those thunderbolts? The last one singed the cat.

As ever,

LancerVI
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-08, 02:52 PM   #5
WTL

Naw, I'm still here.....Florida was the better team flat out. Never seen a better college player than Tebow.
Old 12-07-08, 04:14 PM   #6
bamabassman

hahaha. i knew wtl was gonna be alright lancer. and he is right as rain. tebow is without a doubt the BEST player in collage football today. he and he alone won that game. he should win the heisman again. he has carried florida all the way this year. and i agree that florida was and is flat out better than us THIS year. but alabama has shown to everyone in the nation what is coming in the next few years. we are back up there with the big boys again and we'll be there till saban leaves i think. just look at who was fired because of his arrival. THAT tells ya who is scared of him. and with those firings, look at the recruits we will get now. there will be 4 teams in the S E C now that will dominate the conference, alabama, florida georgia, and possibly either ol miss or arkansas. L S U is on their way out i think. les miles has shown that he can't coach consistantly, even with good players. i may be wrong though, won't be the first time ya know, hahahahaha.
Old 12-07-08, 04:43 PM   #7
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

it's gonna take us some time, but i like what we've got now compared to what we had. nutt went to ol miss and showed out this year for sure, but in the grand scheme he's 1 dimensional...run run run. let petrino get his recruting in and i think we'll be something to watch
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-08, 05:49 PM   #8
WTL

If we were in a position like Texas Tech or something, where this was a last chance for a while to do something opportunity, I would have been upset.

In this case, really I think we maxed out our potential this year. Just played a team that was better. Cant cry or ***** about that, just let Coach Saban continue to recruit 5 stars to catch up with the Florida's and Oklahomas and USCs. Couple more years till we lord over the SEC.
Old 12-07-08, 08:26 PM   #9
bamabassman

Amen wtl!!!
Old 12-08-08, 10:27 PM   #10
flfireman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Being a die hard GATOR fan, that was probably the best game Ive seen all season. Granted Texas and Texas Tech was a good game. I felt mixed emotions after the game, For bama to go undefeated in the SEC regular season, they have my full respect. They truly are a great team. However having the ORANGE and BLUE going to Miami to whup up on Oklahoma is pure pleasure. In fact Im taking donations now so I can make it to the game. Figure it will be awhile until my GATORS play for the Nat Championship in Florida. So again, Bama- great season, hell of a team. To the rest GO GATORS!!! Tebow for the Heisman.
Old 12-08-08, 11:23 PM   #11
bamabassman

whadda mean the LAST time ya'll go for the title? flfireman.....from now until urban and saban leave, BOTH teams are gonna meet in ga, then the winner will go for the title every year i think. and even though oklahoma, texas are BOTH great teams (tech will lose their coach i believe). they too will be in the hunt for quit some time. on the ocasion that southern cal goes undefeated, they too will make it. just my opion, but i believe that the TOP teams in the nation are (from here until.....) are alabama, florida, georgia (sometimes),southern cal, texas, oklahoma, penn state, ohio state,and maybe mich. these are just the ones i believe that will be making runs for the title year in and year out. other teams will have a shot here or there, but not year in and year out. JUST MY OPION NOW, OK?

and yes tim tebow SHOULD win the heisman. he has carried his team on his shoulders and is the best ALL around player.

but everyone knows that ALABAMA IS BACK !!!!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.