Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-08, 09:12 PM   #1
Wishing2BFishing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 58 seconds into the debate . . .

and I had to turn off the television. The economy is a mess and I can't stand it. I know that if I continue to watch this debate, I will not be able to fall asleep.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-08, 09:13 PM   #2
3dkicker

Oops, I was busy on the 'puter and I missed it. Darn.
Old 10-07-08, 09:29 PM   #3
Wishing2BFishing

3d, the debate is still on but you are not missing much.
Old 10-07-08, 09:35 PM   #4
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Did McCain really propose that we refinance existing mortgages according to what houses are worth now and not what they sold for? Did the man actually make that proposition? Who is the Republican?
Old 10-07-08, 09:39 PM   #5
Wishing2BFishing

WTL, don't know if he said that because I am no longer watching the tv. However, I can tell you that approx 58 seconds into the debate, McCain said that we have to become energy dependent so we can stop sending 700 billion a year to countries that don't like us very much. Does he realize that he is mixing up the recent bailout figure with the war that he supports?
Old 10-07-08, 09:50 PM   #6
flbassman

I think that McCain is babbling more......But its all making me sick.
Old 10-07-08, 09:53 PM   #7
Wishing2BFishing

flbassman, yeah, I am sick too. Wish our domestic situation would improve. Unfortunately, I believe that things will get worse before they get better.
Old 10-08-08, 09:42 AM   #8
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

The debates, in my opinion were very disappointing....McCain's plan to refinance homes at today's value is NUTS....basically it means that because some idiot was dumb enough to get into a loan he couldn't afford instead of losing the home the govt. is going to have his principle dropped so he can afford it...what the F?! On the flip-side there's no-way I can vote for Obama, we don't know enough about him and he's only spent 140 days in the senate, that's like working at a job for 5 months and then thinking that you can be the CEO...He's also directly linked to some shady characters and some shady business dealings...so I'm not voting for McCain, rather against Obama
Old 10-08-08, 03:27 PM   #9
jcw1503

Yeah this election year is going to be an interesting one...we are pretty much voting for the best of two evils....i am not sure if either is the right one for the job...i just feel that one is worse than the other...however, on another note....the bailout has stimulated statments that may not display the truth...here is a video that is interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EyKi...&feature=bz303
jcw1503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 08:26 AM   #10
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfish320 View Post
The debates, in my opinion were very disappointing....McCain's plan to refinance homes at today's value is NUTS....basically it means that because some idiot was dumb enough to get into a loan he couldn't afford instead of losing the home the govt. is going to have his principle dropped so he can afford it...what the F?! On the flip-side there's no-way I can vote for Obama, we don't know enough about him and he's only spent 140 days in the senate, that's like working at a job for 5 months and then thinking that you can be the CEO...He's also directly linked to some shady characters and some shady business dealings...so I'm not voting for McCain, rather against Obama

Kind of scary when you think about it, but you pretty much summed up the thoughts of a lot of people. I cannot stand this entire Obama campaign. I don't understand a lot of the stuff that McCain is touting either. What I do know is that I don't want Obama in the whitehouse with a seriously lefty democrat congress in the majority. Many of the things we hold dear to our hearts will be gone in short order. Morality, Second amendment rights, fishing and angling in public waters, and if you think gas prices are high now just wait! National security will be at risk, and the threat of terrorism on US soil will become a real threat again.
This sounds like fear mongering, but it is the real deal folks. I hope America wakes up but my fear is that the economical situation will blind the voters to all of the other issues and make them do something very stupid.
Old 10-09-08, 08:45 AM   #11
flbassman

Did any of yall read the field and stream debates? Obama is not gonna take our guns, or our fishing, or anything else. As for morality, I'm sure he's mellowed out a little due to his two little girls.

Either way though, how in the world, with a country of 300 million people, did we get stuck with these two jokers?
Old 10-09-08, 09:41 AM   #12
jasonfish320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Smith View Post
Kind of scary when you think about it, but you pretty much summed up the thoughts of a lot of people. I cannot stand this entire Obama campaign. I don't understand a lot of the stuff that McCain is touting either. What I do know is that I don't want Obama in the whitehouse with a seriously lefty democrat congress in the majority. Many of the things we hold dear to our hearts will be gone in short order. Morality, Second amendment rights, fishing and angling in public waters, and if you think gas prices are high now just wait! National security will be at risk, and the threat of terrorism on US soil will become a real threat again.
This sounds like fear mongering, but it is the real deal folks. I hope America wakes up but my fear is that the economical situation will blind the voters to all of the other issues and make them do something very stupid.
Who is advising McCain's campaign...they could have knocked Barack completely out of that debate...here's a few of my thoughts...

1) when obama says he is going to lower the cost of gas but then in the same breath says he is going to increase taxes and not give tax breaks to the big oil companies like McCain....ummm what do you think is going to happen to gas prices....they will skyrocket, simple business, raise taxes and the end result gets put on the consumer. Obama must have hit that point about the 300billion tax breaks to big oil atleast 3 times during the debate

2) when Obama talks about how the Americans felt united after 9/11 and that's the feeling he wants to bring back to America....why in the H.E.LL doesn't McCain respond with, well if you really felt that way why was one of your first campaigning events held at a convicted domestic terrorists(William Ayers) home in '02 in Chicago, only one year after 9-11..how can we trust a guy to fight terrorism when he hangs out with them..

3) When obama tries to tie McCain to Bush over policies for the past 8 years and keeps bringing up the fact that McCain has been in office for like 30 years...why doesn't McCain respond with something about Obama sitting in the pues of an extremely dangerous and racist pastor for 20 years!! (Jeremiah Wright)

I am not sure either of these clowns are the right choice for the job, I'm so fed up with how our govt. seems to F everything up! I'm sure if any of us knew the truth of what goes on in Washington it would scare the crap out of all of us...And on another note, and this may offend a few people, do you think that if Barack was a white guy he would even be in this race? I'm not racist by any means, one of my closest friends is black(and not voting for Barack) we were talking about this last night on the way back home from a conference and we both agreed that if Obama was a white guy with a typical name he would have probably lost to hillary and things would be a lot different...
Old 10-09-08, 10:15 AM   #13
tnfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i didnt in bother to turn it on
tnfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 11:06 AM   #14
WTL

When you choose the lesser of two evils, your choice is still going to be evil.

McCain would have been a good candidate in 2000, but he is going up against Mr Change there and considering the economy, the war and everything else he really doesnt have the chance. There will have to be an October surprise for McCain to win.

And this all should be more proof that the GOP should go in a different direction. Everybody told me Ron Paul couldnt win. Well McCains problem is he isnt really contrasting with Obama. Obama doesnt know what to do about the economy, which demands that you have ideas to show how good you are - and yet McCain cant come up with anything other than a plan to nationalize mortages.

Had Ron Paul by some freak accident got the nomination, given what all has happened, given that he has been screaming that the economy was gonna do just what it did, given that Paul was so popular among young people, he would be winning by 8 points right now.
Old 10-09-08, 11:48 AM   #15
Bob Smith

Good point, WTL.
Old 10-09-08, 04:11 PM   #16
flbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post

Had Ron Paul by some freak accident got the nomination, given what all has happened, given that he has been screaming that the economy was gonna do just what it did, given that Paul was so popular among young people, he would be winning by 8 points right now.

And I'd be headed down to walgreens to buy grass.....

Jk, jk, I think Paul would have made a very good candidate, as would have Huckabee.
Old 10-09-08, 07:07 PM   #17
keithdog

The whole thing makes me sick. The debates are pure crap. I don't like either Obama or McCain. The country is in serious trouble on many fronts, and we have no one I care to cast a vote for. I'm probably leaning towards McCain, only because I seriously distrust and dislike Obama. But I really dislike McCain too. But at least Sarah would be easy on the eyes for the next 4 years.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 08:06 PM   #18
Wishing2BFishing

Keithdog,
I agree that Sarah would be easy on the eyes, however, if anything happened to McCain, we would be in serious trouble.
Old 10-09-08, 09:28 PM   #19
bhfishman
BassFishin.Com Member

It really comes down to whose lie's you are more comfortable hearing. If any one candidate says that they can fix this mess right out of the chute, then run for the hills because the end of that chute is located some place close to our back side!
To be honest, they all make me sick because they will tell you one thing on the campaign trail and do another in office. All they care about is getting their parties into position for control. I haven't met or heard a politician yet that has run their entire or even a majority of their campaign based on their own merits, they all seem to care more about dragging the other candidates through the dirt and slinging mud. And somehow that is suppose to make us believe that they are doing it for us!
bhfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-08, 02:48 PM   #20
keithdog

I hear ya Wishin, Sarah wouldn't be my first choice either for prez. But she has more executive experience than Obama, and he's running for the top spot. How did we get into this situation? I heard mention on talk radio about how the left wing drive by media brought out every little piece of dirt and mistruth weekly about Romney and Huckiby before the primaries. This was done to try to drive republican voters towards McCain simply because the media, who favors the democrats, knew that McCain would be the easiest candidate for the democrate candidate to defeat. I wish we coould all go back, knowing what we know now and start all over again.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.