Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-06, 06:11 PM   #1
George_Welcome
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Stick Marsh/Farm 13 - The bite is hot

Yesterday Scott took out regular client Frank Delucas and his friend Frank. They met Scott at the ramp at 6:30am and they left the ramp loaded with Chug Bugs and Senkos. Anticipation ran high as they headed to the south end with of the Farm with the knowledge that was based on the last couple weeks of reports. The weatherman gave a good call for 5-10 MPH winds which made the excitement higher: top water was what they came for and with Chug Bugs they began catching bass right away. Anticipation was replaced with expectation as the second bass of the day weighed a healthy 6.5 pounds. They spent the entire day fishing the heavy wood in pinball alley and to the east and the catch was a pretty evenly matched throughout the day between the Chug Bug and the Senkos. Fishing both the 5” and 7” Senkos in dark colors it was determined in short order that the 5” Senko was the one the bass preferred the most. The bass averaged between 3 and 6.5 pounds with a couple of bigger ones lost. The guys all agreed that they had a lot of fun and called it a day at 1:00pm with over 50 bass landed. Fishing the wood is tough but more made it to the boat then those that got away. Score another great day for Mr. Frank Delucas and his friend.

Today I had Brad Hill and his son Grant from Huntsville, Alabama for a 1/2 day AM trip. As with all our trips lately the anticipation for top water was high as we headed south towards the Farm. This bass fishing thing is kind of new for 12-year old Grant, but guess who landed the first fish, and for that matter the second one also. It took him no time to be casting the spinning equipment like a pro. We did manage several on chug bugs, but the switch to Senkos proved to produce more bites and fish to the boat. Brad nailed his first 6-pound bass early on and led the way for big fish.

Somehow, Grant forgot to get any sleep last night so it wasn't too long before we lost him to a bit of a power nap. However, Dad was having no part of snoozing and continued to place a lot of bass in the boat.

We switched to top water occasionally, but the return to Senkos came quickly. It was a morning of bump the stump to be successful. At morning close it was the Hills trip 43 which for 4 hours of fishing was quite a respectable trip to remember.

We have some openings and would be more than glad to introduce you to this fantastic fishing. Give us a call, you will definitely be glad you did. Inquire about our summer sale - it's a fantastic deal. See you out there. Say hi if you get the chance.

Is anybody actually interested in these reports?

Last edited by George_Welcome; 05-07-06 at 03:40 AM. Reason: correct title
George_Welcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-06, 06:56 PM   #2
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Ya, george, I find these interesting. I like seeing all the big bass, and hearing fish stories. Keep postin!
Old 05-07-06, 09:57 PM   #3
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

even though i live in jersey,i read them.i'd rather read posts like yours than a lot of the crap the kids are posting..keep 'em coming.thank you.
Old 05-09-06, 08:36 AM   #4
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

If you don't mind, I would like to see your reports and hear about the conditions and all in Florida. I can't see myself going there anytime soon, I still need to get to Lake Fork, and Rayburn, and other places, but you never know, I could be calling you folks someday. Thanks for your posts and your pics, enjoy them all.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-06, 05:28 PM   #5
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Yea, I read them. Lots of people have an interest in the fishing in Florida.
Old 05-10-06, 05:43 PM   #6
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I always read them and recommend your area to anglers that go to fla, thanks for the detailed storys
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.