Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-06, 11:54 AM   #1
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Lightbulb IMPORTANT! Re: "I can't believe how pissed...." by WTL

Guys,

There's too little time to select (guess at) tackle for us to send to WTL, and UPS will nail us to get it there anyway. Here's my solution:

I called the Academy in Tuscaloosa (sounds like an Elephant's dental problem) where WTL is a student at 'Bama. I spoke with a nice lady named Chris who took my credit card number and is issuing a gift card for WTL (not his real name, but she has that) to pick up and use before his trip with his dad.

We save the day, we direct funds to the solution of the problem rather than UPS, and we help a good kid. Even you Auburn fans can get into this one!

The store number is 1-205-391-6860. Ask for Chris, tell her what you want to do, referring to "Billy" as the recipient and refer to me (John) as the original donor. If Chris is unavailable, ask the customer service person to ask Josh (manager on duty until 5PM) about it IF she's not already aware.

Then, PM "WTL" and tell him wot yew done did, or post it here.

Circle the wagons!
Booooomerrrrrr Soooooonerrrrrrr!

F.Rod
Just tryin' to help.
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-06, 03:30 PM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I don't want to embarrass Flyrod, but I just got back from Academy. I tell you, I don't think I was the only one who was amazed at what John has done. I've gone from one of those times when I wondered just what was wrong with people (last night) to again knowing that there are good people out there who care, even about random strangers or people that they only know through the internet. The fact that we know that there are good people out there, that we see them from time to time and the differences they make should give us all the motivation in the world to try and become as good as they are. Driving back from Academy I was thinking of all the people who have helped me to get where I am today. I owe much to a lot of people. I don't think these are the type of debts I can repay via a check, although if I had the money I would. No, I think I owe more than that, I must repay what I have been given over a lifetime. There will be times in the coming years when I will see people who need a little help, good honest people who just need a hand to get started or who have had a series of bad situations blindside them and I will help them in the name of those who have helped me.

That being said, any help is appreciated. I happen to realize that some of yall have a lot of excess lures (so did I, once!), and if yall would rather send those down then make a donation to the "WTL Academy deal", thats awesome. Don't worry about the trip coming up this Sunday, for one thing the bass have been hitting spinnerbaits and the thiefs didnt get my spinnerbait/jig binder (or my soft plastics), and the big trip is really at the end of June when I go to Florida this time for two weeks.

BTW, if anybody ever finds themselves in Alabama, Dreamland BBQ on me. If anyone is down here in fall, I'll take yall to a game. Flyrod, if Bama ever plays OU again, be it Norman, Tuscaloosa or Tempe Arizona(lets hope next year!), I'll get the tix. Roll Tide and Boomer Sooner.
Old 05-09-06, 03:37 PM   #3
flbassman

Wow, flyrod, that is great. WTL- I learned the same thing when mine got stolen, and zook and some fishin buddies of mine helped me rebuild. Flyrod, is there any way to help without a credit card?
Old 05-09-06, 05:31 PM   #4
FlyRod

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbassman
Wow, flyrod, that is great. WTL- I learned the same thing when mine got stolen, and zook and some fishin buddies of mine helped me rebuild. Flyrod, is there any way to help without a credit card?
Sure, stay in touch, maybe vis this forum OR private messages, and ask WTL what he still needs to replace...brand, model, color, size, etc., and send it/them that you may have extras of or can afford a couple of at your local tackle store, or send a little check or (better yet) U.S. Postal Service M.O.
Replacing just one Plano 3700 full of topwaters would be brutal, so imagine several boxes of hard lures needing replacement. And, WTL has promised me he won't be so danged careless next time, LOL!

I'm not trying to buy my way into Heaven here. I just believe in helping when I can.

I'm by no means a wealthy guy but I can imagine how bleak the outlook for a successful fishing venture with his Dad this weekend was so I'd never forgiven myself if I hadn't tried to assist. So, you see, I wasn't so much doing a good deed as I was "protecting" myself!

F.Rod
Old 05-09-06, 06:01 PM   #5
zooker

billy bob
what ya still needin?? i got then a few friends running round in bama some owe me big..

billy bob put money on this april or may i WILL be at j.p.colman on pickiwick next year..i have a tourny there..

zooker
Old 05-09-06, 06:25 PM   #6
WTL

What do I still need? Well at Academy I got the following;
1 Rat-L-Trap
1 Rapala Lipless crankbait
1 X-rap
1 Large Rogue
1 Shadrap
2 Bandit 200 Series crankbaits
1 Heddon Spit N Image
1 Rapala Skitterpop
1 Rapala DT 10
1 Heddon Zara Spook
1 Smithwick Devils Horse
1 Storm Chug Bug
2 Frogs, 1 was a Spro, the other was made by Scumfrog
Various Mustad offset hooks (they were in the boxes too, also bullet sinkers)

So I guess I need to build some depth so to speak, I tried to at least cover as many categories as possible. I guess I could use jerkbaits, you know rogues, husky jerks, AC Shiner 375s (which was among my go-to lures and I have none), Propbaits (Most of the lures that my Dad had were Nip-I-Didees or other similar propbaits), Pop-Rs and various crankbaits although truth be told I'm not much of a crankbait fisherman (it was something I was trying to get into, just hadn't had much success with too many different models yet, although my crankbait box was pretty stocked.)

Zook, do you mean this May or next?
Old 05-09-06, 11:16 PM   #7
Rebbasser

What a great idea, Flyrod!

Fellas, I have had the great pleasure of getting to know and fish with Flyrod over the past few months, and what he did does not surprise me in the least-he is just that kind of guy. Not only has he become a very good friend, he is a great fishing buddy-even if he is an Oklahoma fan .

Billy, I think I'll follow Flyrods lead-that way you can get what you want. I'll give Academy a call tomorrow.
Old 05-10-06, 12:12 AM   #8
IL.bassin36
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL
What do I still need? Well at Academy I got the following;
1 Rat-L-Trap
1 Rapala Lipless crankbait
1 X-rap
1 Large Rogue
1 Shadrap
2 Bandit 200 Series crankbaits
1 Heddon Spit N Image
1 Rapala Skitterpop
1 Rapala DT 10
1 Heddon Zara Spook
1 Smithwick Devils Horse
1 Storm Chug Bug
2 Frogs, 1 was a Spro, the other was made by Scumfrog
Various Mustad offset hooks (they were in the boxes too, also bullet sinkers)

So I guess I need to build some depth so to speak, I tried to at least cover as many categories as possible. I guess I could use jerkbaits, you know rogues, husky jerks, AC Shiner 375s (which was among my go-to lures and I have none), Propbaits (Most of the lures that my Dad had were Nip-I-Didees or other similar propbaits), Pop-Rs and various crankbaits although truth be told I'm not much of a crankbait fisherman (it was something I was trying to get into, just hadn't had much success with too many different models yet, although my crankbait box was pretty stocked.)

Zook, do you mean this May or next?
WTL I got:
2 bandit 200 in baby bass (new in package)
1 bandit 200 white/chart. belly (used but barely)
1 X-rap clown color (new in package)

If you want em send me your address. All extras that I had for a year or so.
IL.bassin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-06, 01:29 AM   #9
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser
What a great idea, Flyrod!

Fellas, I have had the great pleasure of getting to know and fish with Flyrod over the past few months, and what he did does not surprise me in the least-he is just that kind of guy. Not only has he become a very good friend, he is a great fishing buddy-even if he is an Oklahoma fan .

Billy, I think I'll follow Flyrods lead-that way you can get what you want. I'll give Academy a call tomorrow.
Shhhhhhhhh! The next thing you know, Zooker will tell us an alien spacecraft took all his stuff!

Thanks for the kind words, but I ain't special, 'cept I ride the short bus to skool.

F.Rod
Old 05-13-06, 03:57 PM   #10
angelus40
BassFishin.Com Active Member

LOL fly rod
angelus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-06, 05:07 PM   #11
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default send me your address

WTL,
I have a bunch of plastics,if you want I can make you a mixed bag of goodies,just want to help out. Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-06, 05:12 PM   #12
zooker

billy bob
one preassorted care pakage heading your direction -need your addy- umm it will be 2007 billy. got to hand a certain bullet dealer a a$$ whippin he aint going to forget -i aim to make sure he don't-

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.