Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-06, 07:21 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Lake Logan

We just got back from a week of fishing and cave/hiking at Hocking Hills and Lake Logan area, when I got there all the locals were saugeye fishing, hardly any bass boats on the lake, just crappie pontoons and hillbillies
fishing the spillway... I started looking for areas to fish, the glacier lake is pretty clear, and had lots of brush that grew underwater, but was still dormant due to early spring here still.. Soon discovered the bass would bump my spinnerbait, but not take it, so I switched over to plastics and man they wanted it slow like that!.....all over the banks were crawdad holes, so I ended up pitching docks and brush with creature baits, pnj, tubes, a few days of the tiki, and yesterday the sweet beaver...
I got some nice fish each day, but lots of pesky dinks were running the banks too, they all just picked the bait up and ran, hardly any thump feeling at all.
Got a good look at the red ear gills that the lake stocked, they are huge!
They have a big black fin/ear or something on the side, however I dont carry any lite tackle LOL
We hiked 3 neat caves that denny told me about , lots of walking up steep hills, but well worth it.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-06, 11:08 PM   #2
lizardsrule

Sounds like a relaxing time(except that hiking part rotfl), glad you got to go.

Lizards
Old 05-05-06, 01:13 AM   #3
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I've been there, have pictures of a few of the hocking hills sites in my room. BEAUTIFUL area! Wouldn't mind moving up there if it weren't for the white stuff and tiny bass. Post any more pics you took.
Old 05-05-06, 12:21 PM   #4
JB

Heres a picture of our cabin and also some more of the glacier cut caves of old mans haven, ash cave, and cedarfalls
The second picture is looking down about 90 feet and we were about halfway down the path when we took it, above us was a 700 foot wide and 90 ft. rock bluff that overhangs the canyon..its neat!
Click image for larger version

Name:	vac-cabin.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	377

Name:	vac-oldmans2.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	378

Name:	vac-oldmanscavewaterfall.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	379

Name:	vac-jacksherrill.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	380
Old 05-05-06, 05:26 PM   #5
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default great

Hey Jb,
Glad you had a great time.Really a nice area,glad to hear you caught some fish.Did you love the cabin and the peace and queit that comes with it.Oh and did you met maggy the lab?.Oh by the way they fired Tim Gonzales at work No one knows why.......something is going down I think.Glad you had a great time
Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-06, 05:37 PM   #6
JB

Thanks for telling us about the cabin denny, tuesday nite the lady over at the next hollow started "howling" about midnite as sherrill n me had a bonfire going lol..

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.