Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Old 02-11-11, 01:23 PM   #26
cotton
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama54 View Post
I understand that a lot of the misc. balls are junk... But if it's not about the money, why not go out and spend $40 on a dozen ProV's? And if you need practice balls, Wal-Mart sells recycled balls which are extremely cheap and you can look at them before buying. Kinda seems extreme that you're jumpin all over this dude when you had several other options. Just sayin
Since I dabble around playing on the Hooters tour I will jump in on this one.. Llama, I want you to think about me handing you a UglyStick pole saying go fish this everyday and then the day of your bass tournament you can pull out your St.Croix and use it for tournament day.... Enough said. If your going to practice you want to practice with the same equipment that you will be using in tournaments so you don't want cheap crap balls. For the people on here that don't know much about golfing I will let you know that golf balls in the shape of some of the ones in that picture will fly no where near what even a used ball in "Decent" shape would fly. As far as AA rated balls, these would be balls with slight scuffs and marks on the ball... This doesn't mean the balls should have sit in the water for the last year. There are a lot of people who do this on ebay with golf balls they will stick them under the nice balls for the pictures sorry this happened to you Vegas I would be upset too, but personally maybe the seller doesn't know much about golf so he truely didn't know what he was selling was as bad as it was. I don't thinking turning him over to paypal would be worth it over some golf balls, but then again that is just my opinion. Also if you stick those balls in your bath tub with bleach and hot water for 4 hours and wipe clean you will be suprised how much better they will "look" and that will help you determine which ones are even worth trying to play.
cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 01:43 PM   #27
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Thanks

That’s all I wanted to point out. He had a chance to learn from it but chose to make a drama story out of it. Simple as that. I will say I did not know he was only 17 or I would have handled it differently myself.

FYI - My son was a rated player for the UNLV golf team 2007-2009 and the balls are more for him (At our Florida home) but I isn’t bad either. (<Not a pro but any means) So I tend to notice more details than the occasional golfer. But these balls were just plain trash and that’s where they ended up.

However, enough said on the subject. He did refund some of the money so all is good in by book now. Except that I had to agree I was a thief to his dad, but I can live with that. Let's not forget, I am an attorney via education and business so something I have heard maybe more than once by the less sophisticated. Heck when I win an occasional Bass Tournament, I am a cheater. So go figure. Over and out on this subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton View Post
Since I dabble around playing on the Hooters tour I will jump in on this one.. Llama, I want you to think about me handing you a UglyStick pole saying go fish this everyday and then the day of your bass tournament you can pull out your St.Croix and use it for tournament day.... Enough said. If your going to practice you want to practice with the same equipment that you will be using in tournaments so you don't want cheap crap balls. For the people on here that don't know much about golfing I will let you know that golf balls in the shape of some of the ones in that picture will fly no where near what even a used ball in "Decent" shape would fly. As far as AA rated balls, these would be balls with slight scuffs and marks on the ball... This doesn't mean the balls should have sit in the water for the last year. There are a lot of people who do this on ebay with golf balls they will stick them under the nice balls for the pictures sorry this happened to you Vegas I would be upset too, but personally maybe the seller doesn't know much about golf so he truely didn't know what he was selling was as bad as it was. I don't thinking turning him over to paypal would be worth it over some golf balls, but then again that is just my opinion. Also if you stick those balls in your bath tub with bleach and hot water for 4 hours and wipe clean you will be suprised how much better they will "look" and that will help you determine which ones are even worth trying to play.
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 03:15 PM   #28
Llama54
BassFishin.Com Member

I suggested the Wal-Mart balls because he said he wanted to use them on his "new putting and driving net in the yard at [his] Florida house." Not saying he should go play 18 with them. If you're hitting into a net, your most likely trying to get a good feel for your swing and trying to make good ball contact. I know ProV's feel much better off the clubface but for that type of practicing purposes, I just suggested buying recycled balls
Llama54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 08:38 PM   #29
texasbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasspider View Post
However, enough said on the subject. He did refund some of the money so all is good in by book now. Except that I had to agree I was a thief to his dad, but I can live with that. Let's not forget, I am an attorney via education and business so something I have heard maybe more than once by the less sophisticated. Heck when I win an occasional Bass Tournament, I am a cheater. So go figure. Over and out on this subject.
Whatever. As far as I know, you are cheating me out of my money. I made 7.00 dollars on this deal that I did nothing wrong on. Hope your happy.

Im done selling to people on here that I do not know and trust.

Seller beware.

TB
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 09:37 PM   #30
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Thats about 5 more than you should have. I am done buying from you on here. I have bought $1000 of dollars from guys on here and never had an issue so dont pedal trash as used and you wont have a problem. So yeah Seller beware. The smartest thing you said yet.....

Unless slandered this is my last post on the subject. Close the thread if you like.
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.