Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 07-30-12, 08:11 PM   #51
Z521Bass
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Dictionary material

Government – “not creating a definitive description”

Who says we are all on this planet to please the damn government anyhow? I did not need their permission to be born, live or die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Tell that to a Jew, or Italian, Greek or any European heritage American and I think you'll get an agrument - not that you want one as you seem to embrace tradition.

It seems tradition is not as important to the under 30 generation (and this is not a slam, just an observation) as it is to their parents or grandparents. This point, generational views of tradition, is also an example of how society changes and groups, formerly deemed to be "unacceptable" become "acceptable" and are assimilated into society.

I would argue, that Tradition is a very important aspect of the issue of "Gay Marriage", in order to keep the goverment out of the business of redifining the meaning of "marriage". Acceptance of the word's traditional meaning (not necessariarly the actual definition) as being based upon religous/cultural/societal beliefs, precludes the govenment from redefining the meaning based upon the doctrine of seperation of church and state. If we accept and defend marriage as a religious or cultural institutiion, then we can assert ourselves and refute the govenment's meddling in trying to tell us what it means.

I have to agree with you in that the govenment has no business sticking it's nose in this pot, then be allowed to season the contents to suit IT's taste. As you said, govenment will make the definition as broad and obtuse as possible, not creating a definitive description, but one that can be interperted and contested for generations, as most things political tend to be. I do think this is what the gay community actually wants and the reason they keep stirring this pot and those in the majority must be aware of the tatic and refuse to let it happen.

We need to remember Gay Marriage does not equate with Gay Rights. Gay Rights is a legitimate entitlement, the same as the rights guaranteed to every citizen. Gay marriage on the other hand is not a right only a concept of a relationship between two individuals, that does not meet the traditionally accepted definition of marriage. It should remain so and whether or not an individual agrees is a matter of their own moral values and judgement, not the govenments.
Z521Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 08:15 PM   #52
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Hey yall want to see something comical? Take a look at mudboys welcoming post to Z521. 6-20-12 post #12. What are the odds
Now that is priceless!
Old 07-30-12, 08:16 PM   #53
Z521Bass
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Homophobic

_________ single word in place of homophobic. I can't think of one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
William, please don't use that ridiculous word. It is a construct created to goad those who oppose homosexuality. By substituting fear for dislike, it supports the mantra-like, elitist propaganda that people fear what they don't understand.

A fear of sameness? I'm sure you would agree if heterosexuals and homosexuals were the same, there wouldn't be an argument.
Old 07-30-12, 08:20 PM   #54
Z521Bass
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Thanks to you and WTL

Well I think you would understand if I did not post a picture of my kids but who knows I might. Well we are 50/50 on the angler part. The oldest loves it and goes with me all the time the other only likes it if his girlfriend will let him like it. See why I don't like girls! I will get some pics up and let me know when a spot opens up on your friend list, I have quite a few myself - maybe a trade is in order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
I remind you that when I joined this forum I was welcomed as a fishing buddy, I also am willing to bet if I fished with anyone who did not know I was gay would be happy to be my buddy, I wonder if I am still welcomed here?

You are WELCOME to be my FRIEND!
No questions asked cause I'm mono-sexual.
Fact is, I'm getting to the point that, 'I think I'm the only one who can do it RIGHT!'. :
Z521Bass, congratulations on the family.
I feel the two of you did a great thing helping 'your' kids have a chance at life.
Now there is one thing I do feel very strong about.....THE TWO OF YOU BETTER BE RAISING THEM AS ANGLERS!

I want to see some of the kids pics, with or without a fish.

Oh and thanks for sharing. You sound like a person I would be honored to consider as a FRIEND.
I'm really not in any need of more friends seeing "I still have a lot I've never had the opportunity to 'use' yet".
Old 07-30-12, 08:32 PM   #55
Z521Bass
BassFishin.Com Member

Default What are the odds for what?

I am failing on every level to find you humorist? You made two post here and both I think you mean to be funny, maybe you need to spell it out for me?

Don’t forget gaydar works through all forces and you are pinging at this very moment.
QUOTE=kennethdaysale;386966]Hey yall want to see something comical? Take a look at mudboys welcoming post to Z521. 6-20-12 post #12. What are the odds[/QUOTE]
Old 07-30-12, 08:34 PM   #56
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Hey yall want to see something comical? Take a look at mudboys welcoming post to Z521. 6-20-12 post #12. What are the odds
I think I know where you're going with this, Kenneth.
Old 07-30-12, 09:17 PM   #57
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I think I know where you're going with this, Kenneth.
And just where do think Kenneth is going with this?
Old 07-30-12, 09:29 PM   #58
MississippiBoy

Ah, Jesus.....
Old 07-30-12, 09:30 PM   #59
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Ah, Jesus.....
Yep, you really stepped in it this time.
Old 07-30-12, 09:31 PM   #60
bassboogieman

Quote:
Government – “not creating a definitive description”. Who says we are all on this planet to please the damn government anyhow?
That was a critical statement not supportive. The Government, of course says we are there for their benifit as certainly they are not there for ours. Our wonderful elected reps expend coupious amounts of energy, not to mention language, in writing law or regulations that require at least a 500 page book, and a Master's Degree to begin to decipher it. That's what the statement inferred, that govenment is totally incapable of difinitive definitions (due to the insane need to be Politically Correct, and never disappointing any constituant of voting age by telling the truth) which many of us would be happy should that trend be reversed. I read you're a friend, or at least aquainted with, one of our more favorite members (Vegasspider), he must have told you how some of us love discussions of supreme intelligent value.

Quote:
I did not need their permission to be born, live or die.
I agree that you are correct on one of the three under certain circumstances. You have no choice in being born so government permission was not part of the equation. Should you ever (and it's only an example, no other inferrce is intended) commit a capital crime however, the government could play a critical part in living or dying. They really do have power of live & death in that instance. They either permit you to live or permit you to die - actually they don't give you permmission to die, but permission for someone to take your life is close enough because dead is dead.

Just sayin'.......................

Yo' Kenneth, could you at least post a link when you post a provocitve (or informative) reference to prior thread? Some of us with a limited education and seriouly limited computer skills could use a little help.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 07-30-12 at 09:38 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 10:13 PM   #61
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z521Bass View Post
I am failing on every level to find you humorist? You made two post here and both I think you mean to be funny, maybe you need to spell it out for me?

Don’t forget gaydar works through all forces and you are pinging at this very moment.
QUOTE=kennethdaysale;386966]Hey yall want to see something comical? Take a look at mudboys welcoming post to Z521. 6-20-12 post #12. What are the odds
[/QUOTE]

I'll try to spell it out. The Adam-Eve thing is just something my mother used to say....I guess just her attempt to convey the natural order of things. It always sounded funny to me and most of the people that heard it. I wasn't trying to be funny at your expense.

The what are the odds thing was funny only to those of us that know how straight mississipi is. Again not to offend you in any way. We all welcomed you in that first post based on the only criteria that is relevant to this forum and that is fishing. Your first post in this thread seemed pretty level headed and you mentioned how you laughed with your straight friends about them not being your type. The what are the odds comment was just an observation of the comic value of mudboys comment when he had no way of knowing your sexual orientation on 6-20. Didn't mean for you to get your panties in a wad.

I don't know anything about gaydar or pinging.
Old 07-30-12, 10:21 PM   #62
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

O boy I aint touching this one. I know Bob on a personal level from our local club and he helps us with our charity. I see new subject but same style comments. You guys can have this thread all to your self going forward.
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 12:58 AM   #63
bassboogieman

Quote:
You guys can have this thread all to your self going forward
Thanks Vegas, great hearing from you as I always appreciate your input and look forward to your insightfull opinions.

I don't know, I'm getting a slight whiff of a rat in frog's toggs. I find it peculiar that the style of Z521Bass and Vegasspider are remarkably similiar. One admits knowing the other, hmmmmmmmmmmm. I saw in another post were Vegas stated he knew Z521Bass, but not well enough to contact him concerning some bags of partially used baits - amazingly wanted by both Vegas & Z521 - but no one else. Oh, they happen to belong to the same bass club, remarkable, yet he doesn't know him that well. And just in the last post, Vegas says he helps with his charity activities, and obviously knows him on a first name basis and "on a personal level" - hmmmmmm, must know him a bit better than he first admitted. That's two fairly contradictory comments in two urelated threads. Now, I'm getting a fishy smell too.

I could be wrong, but I think we have an imposter, actually one individual masquarding as another, stirring up the pot. I find the style of phrasing, the subtle ingratiation and indignation of the poster when posting a response, and particularly the peculararity of pasting a quote (as referenced for the response) AFTER the tryped response, as a trait or stlye indicative of only ONE individual I've seen posting on this board - anyone else notice that? Or did Vegas simply teach him ALL he knows? If I'm wrong, then I've made and error in judgement and probalby owe an appology to Z521Bass (and most of the other guys that are once more saying "oh crap, not again") as most of the content of my last few posts has been little more than spider bait.

If I am right, well nevermind as I'm pretty sure I am correct. Will the real Vegasspider/Z521Bass please stand up? Or better yet, just go away, I really do not think you are nearly as smart as you think you are. I could be wrong - I wonder what the Vegas line (odds) would be?

Last edited by bassboogieman; 07-31-12 at 01:12 AM.
Old 07-31-12, 01:00 AM   #64
WTL

Quote:
Thanks Vegas, great hearing from you as I always appreciate your input and look forward to your insightfull opinions.

I don't know, I'm getting a slight whiff of a rat in frog's toggs. I find it peculiar that the style of Z521Bass and Vegasspider are remarkably similiar. One admits knowing the other, hmmmmmmmmmmm. I saw in another post were Vegas stated he knew Z521Bass, but not well enough to contact him concerning some bags of partially used baits - amazingly wanted by both Vegas & Z521 - but no one else. Oh, they happen to belong to the same bass club, remarkable, yet he doesn't know him that well. And just in the last post, Vegas says he helps with his charity activities - hmmmmmm, must know him a bit better than you first admitted. Now, I'm getting a fishy smell too.

I could be wrong, but I think we have an imposter, actually one individual masquarding as another, stirring up the pot. I find the style of phrasing, the subtle ingratiation and indignation of the poster when posting a response, and particularly the peculararity of pasting a quote (as referenced for the response) AFTER the tryped response, as a trait or stlye indicative of only ONE individual I've seen posting on this board - anyone else notice that? Or did Vegas simply teach him ALL he knows? If I'm wrong, then I've made and error in judgement and probalby owe an appology to Z521Bass (and most of the other guys that are once agian going "oh crap, not again") as most of the content of my last few posts has been little more than spider bait.

If I am right, well nevermind as I'm pretty sure I am correct. Will the real Vegasspider/Z521Bass please stand up? Or better yet, just go away, I really do not think you are nearly as smart as you think you are. I could be wrong - I wonder what the Vegas odds would be?

I used to see similar conspiracies on here. Then I stopped giving a damn.

But suit yourself.
Old 07-31-12, 01:03 AM   #65
Scott the fishman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I do not see anything wrong with same sex marriage. I am not going to involve the bible. Here is however what I see it is America and if two consenting parties wish to marry each other why not?
Old 07-31-12, 06:47 AM   #66
Top Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott the fishman View Post
I do not see anything wrong with same sex marriage. I am not going to involve the bible. Here is however what I see it is America and if two consenting parties wish to marry each other why not?
From the mouths of babes......
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 08:23 AM   #67
kennethdaysale

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child : but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
Old 07-31-12, 09:22 AM   #68
bassboogieman

Quote:
but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
Aw c'mon, you still take out your sock monkey once in a while and pet it, don't ya? C'mon you can admit it.

I'm done, everyone can heave a huge sigh of relief. You cannot change the minds of people that do not have a clue as to what you may be talking about.
Old 07-31-12, 12:11 PM   #69
Z521Bass
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Nope my own person

Yes we both live in Vegas, belong to a local club, work in charities but other than that, we don't hang out. O one other thing we both have the same first name Bob. He brought up this site at a get together with his own way of saying he has made some new "friends". I don't need anyones permission to become a member and I am guessing there are few of you that live in the same town. Us bass guys don't have that many resources out here in the desert.

Quote:

I don't know, I'm getting a slight whiff of a rat in frog's toggs. I find it peculiar that the style of Z521Bass and Vegasspider are remarkably similiar. One admits knowing the other, hmmmmmmmmmmm. I saw in another post were Vegas stated he knew Z521Bass, but not well enough to contact him concerning some bags of partially used baits - amazingly wanted by both Vegas & Z521 - but no one else. Oh, they happen to belong to the same bass club, remarkable, yet he doesn't know him that well. And just in the last post, Vegas says he helps with his charity activities, and obviously knows him on a first name basis and "on a personal level" - hmmmmmm, must know him a bit better than he first admitted. That's two fairly contradictory comments in two urelated threads. Now, I'm getting a fishy smell too.

I could be wrong, but I think we have an imposter, actually one individual masquarding as another, stirring up the pot. I find the style of phrasing, the subtle ingratiation and indignation of the poster when posting a response, and particularly the peculararity of pasting a quote (as referenced for the response) AFTER the tryped response, as a trait or stlye indicative of only ONE individual I've seen posting on this board - anyone else notice that? Or did Vegas simply teach him ALL he knows? If I'm wrong, then I've made and error in judgement and probalby owe an appology to Z521Bass (and most of the other guys that are once more saying "oh crap, not again") as most of the content of my last few posts has been little more than spider bait.

If I am right, well nevermind as I'm pretty sure I am correct. Will the real Vegasspider/Z521Bass please stand up? Or better yet, just go away, I really do not think you are nearly as smart as you think you are. I could be wrong - I wonder what the Vegas line (odds) would be?
Old 07-31-12, 12:13 PM   #70
MO_CPA

Quote:

I have suspected this as well...along with the fellow that originally posted the classified.
Old 07-31-12, 12:14 PM   #71
MO_CPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Tiger View Post
From the mouths of babes......
Shall we discount his thoughts because of his youth?
Old 07-31-12, 12:40 PM   #72
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO_CPA View Post
Certainly not discount.....simply consider the ability of children to get a handle on something this complex.
Name:  imagesCAN1IMC4.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  9.9 KB
Old 07-31-12, 01:27 PM   #73
Top Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO_CPA View Post
Absolutely not! I agree with him. I don't understand how some can use the bible as a tool to deny a United States citizen his or her civil rights. As I've said before, "I don't recall reading in the bible where Jesus was a white American republican".
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 01:42 PM   #74
WaffleJaw

I only join this forum in hopes that I could see all of you naked

Z5, Your welcomed on this forum despite the people that dont support your lifestyle....Its very easy to ignore them and turn off the computer and go fish
Old 07-31-12, 02:13 PM   #75
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Tiger View Post
Absolutely not! I agree with him. I don't understand how some can use the bible as a tool to deny a United States citizen his or her civil rights. As I've said before, "I don't recall reading in the bible where Jesus was a white American republican".
Case study in leftist spin. Alinski: Always accuse your opponent of what you are doing.

Nobody is using the Bible as a "tool" to deny anyone anything. It is merely what their motivations are based upon. Chick-Fil-A donates to conservative groups who try to achieve their goals THROUGH LEGISLATION. To liberals, there is no more hateful concept than due process. Do you believe that a person's vote shouldn't count, because of why he votes the way he does? If so, then please join me in taking the vote away from 70 million uneducated and completely oblivious Americans (otherwise known as "likely Obama voters").

Mr. Cathy is the one being denied (at the very least, an attempt to deny) his First Amendment rights.

If you think this group of outspoken Christians is wrong, feel free to say so. I'm sure you will have many agree with you. However, stop distorting what is going on. It would cause me physical pain to be so intellectually dishonest.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.