Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 03-22-14, 10:21 AM   #1
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 1197

Wiring just a temp install until I get link and gps antenna,makes the boat look small its 19ft 1in.1985 385v stratos

And yes a tight squeeze in the garage catty cornered,as tongue and jp with motor increase the length a good bit.
After getting used to it will do a post with screen shots,50 channels and all I can get is the local tv station=joke.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 12:15 PM   #2
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Cool, Mule!
Old 03-22-14, 12:28 PM   #3
bassboogieman

What kind of mount - RAM? Is it the big 2.5"? I tried a 2.25" ball and it would not hold mine in rough water. I carried an 18" pipe wrench to tighten it down and it still worked loose, tried the tape, nothing worked so I went to the RAM swing arm mount for mine - it won't drop down when I hit rough water. I can also loosen one nut and swing it around forward if I want to use it from the front deck, without it dropping down like they do with the ball mounts.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 01:31 PM   #4
lilmule

Its a big ram mount havnt a clue if 2.25 or 2.5 its big,had bought it when a xds7 was for sale here,deal feel thru as guy didnt like no shipping and cash offered within 25 bucks of what he wanted,with shipping.Ended up getting a used 798 and had used a block of wood between it and mount as holes etc didnt line up,block of wood beats a 40 dollar adapter.
So when I got this had the mount it fits lol.Im thinking itsa 2.5 as looks like my ball hitch but dunno,ill know after running if it will lossen up,hefty thing it is.Seems hard to move it by hand when not real tight yet it will slide down and backwards like if not tight.And if it holds on ky lake will hold about anywhere gave from what I recall about 42 dollars for it,on sale .Was ment for a hds7 but several bolts holes line up.Dont think if winched down it will move but we will find out,waiting on gps ant and link system before trying out.Its built with a pivot and if loose will pivot or drop and yes could turn it around,but moved the 798 to the bow no need andwill link.All current transducers work some with deg liitations 90 deg and 2 180,plus have the 180 long transducer dont even know if I need it as have the compact si already installed,as well as splitter cables ext cables etc.Will end up with extras no doubt most likly for sale later.Along with sonar like view,3d vision.
Couldnt stand it had to mount and play around a bit.

Last edited by lilmule; 03-22-14 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-22-14, 03:22 PM   #5
nobass

nice now go hope you really enjoy it
Old 03-25-14, 07:15 AM   #6
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Be sure to give us some screen shots. Hope you don't have any interference issues. I'm about to pull my hair out with some of mine.
Old 03-25-14, 07:58 AM   #7
bassboogieman

[IMG][/IMG] Well I really am having issues with this web site. I've checked my settings on my computer and here at BF.com and I can't resolve the issue. I can't post pics, nor delete posts, go to "advanced" (where the icons are) all which I can do on other sites. I did a test here and can't delete it. I don't know WTF it is but it's becoming a PITA.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 03-25-14 at 08:07 AM. Reason: pita here
Old 03-26-14, 01:51 AM   #8
bassinbob

That's great mule.
Old 03-27-14, 03:14 PM   #9
nofearengineer

I have a Ram-D-111-U with the 2.25" ball, and it would take an act of God to make my 1197 fall down. Bruce, you must have the 1.5" ball.
Old 03-27-14, 04:47 PM   #10
bassboogieman

NOPE, it was the 2.25" ball and it don't hold it well at all. It's does OK on my new kayak, but it's only holding up a 998cSI and I'm not running 65 MPH in chop either, oh then again neither are you. I tried roughing up the ball, electrical tape, and a pipe wrench to crank it down tight - nothing worked with it. I could guarantee that thing would drop after launching over a wake or a two footer. Nor did I have the long arm giving me bad leverage, it was the 3" arm.
Old 03-27-14, 05:39 PM   #11
nofearengineer

I don't know, Bruce...maybe you just got a bad ball.
Old 03-27-14, 11:10 PM   #12
bassboogieman

Actually I had both the balls fixed... in 1981.
Old 03-28-14, 01:26 PM   #13
lilmule

I think you will find Bubba that interference is mostly in 3d,and an update to latest driver will help.Setting it less distance to either side will also help,go back to fact settings even go 1 less on sensitivity.From what I can tell mine is also picking up trash etc like leaves at times,but can also see a crankbait if in view of sonar.In all fairness my 798 did show that at times but not all.Might add that as one chooses the freq the higher more detail but also more interference.83/200 will get less.
New to this stuff dunno how to screenshot then save to a comp as dont have comp cord,but can take some pics with camera.As for saving to a card and viewing more time consuming but may have to resort to that in order to get full detail.
Meanwhile I do have a complaint 50 channels and can only get in one station lol,and they seem to have the same program or show running 24/7.

Last edited by lilmule; 03-28-14 at 02:39 PM.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.