Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-09, 06:33 PM   #1
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Our 2009 Season

Well guys, now that ice is on the water and christmas is less than 2 weeks away, I thought I would wrap up our 2009 season. Myself and cavs1123 (Tommy) have an awesome year. We have had big catches this year and great weather all the way into December. Fished Erie a lot this year and had some great times on the water. My big bass for the year ended up going 5-6. Tommy's big bass weighed 3-4. All I can say is Tommy is one of the best I have ever seen for his age. He can really hold his own out there on the water.

This year I eneded up catching my first double on a crankbait at a pond down the road from my house. (No pictures of this)

At the BPS spring classic I got to meet KVD and Hank Parker.

Got to attend a Bassmaster tournament this year, all the pros were great, very enjoyable to talk to and the weigh ins were just awesome. Myself and Tommy got to meet elite pros: Kotara Kiryama, Kevin Short, Jon VanDam, Frank Scalish, Bill Lowen, Jami Fralick, Jeremy Starks, and a couple others.

I also wrapped up my first year tournament fishing, I finished 4th place in points, and also caught the big bass of the year for our tournament series. It was a 4.79 lb. smallmouth. Well what can I say... a picture is worth a thousand words.... here are some of the highlights

Ryan

Last edited by rrw4258; 12-11-09 at 07:33 PM.
rrw4258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-09, 09:41 AM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

RRW, CAVS...........You two are what makes me proud as a peacock to know, even though it is through the internet. Watching what ya'll have done and learned and SHOWED through your posts, threads and pictures are a tribute to fishing PERIOD. I wish that i could meet you both and shake your hands. Please keep up the good work.
Also, i am a little jelous cause you two have met a lot of pros, lol. These are memories that'll stay with you for the rest of your lives. But continue to meet them and have your pictures taken with them. Fill the walls with them!
And yes, i have learned for you too.
Old 12-12-09, 07:12 PM   #3
bass hawg
BassFishin.Com Member

awesome catch for the year and congrats for taking our youth fishing while tring to hold your own
bass hawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-09, 07:28 PM   #4
Bassboss

Great pics Ryan! Must have been fun to meat all them pros!

And Tommy really is a remarkable angler for his age!
Old 12-12-09, 08:42 PM   #5
keithdog

Great pics Ryan. I'd love to have a chance to meet Hank and KVD. Especially Hank. He seems like such a nice genuine guy. That sheephead Tommy caught is almost as big as he is. I bet he had a ball. Thanks for posting.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-09, 08:55 PM   #6
rrw4258

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Great pics Ryan. I'd love to have a chance to meet Hank and KVD. Especially Hank. He seems like such a nice genuine guy. That sheephead Tommy caught is almost as big as he is. I bet he had a ball. Thanks for posting.
Keith, Hank Parker is an awesome guy to talk with, very friendly guy. A buddy of mine in our bass club got to talk to Hank on the way out of BPS, and they started a conversation and Hank says to him "I've got to catch a plane back home, but come on buddy walk with me out to my vehicle and we'll talk some more"... He is a very top notch guy... along the same note Jimmy Houston was also a fun guy to meet at BPS last year!

Ryan
Old 12-12-09, 09:09 PM   #7
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Ryan, sounds like you guys had a better year than me! lol.

Awesome fish, and nice pics with the pros.

BB
Old 12-16-09, 01:34 AM   #8
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Man, were you blushing in the pic with KVD? Just playing, I would too. Sounds like you and Cav had a good year man. Now you get to look for those monster Ohio bucks until the ice melts.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.