Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 06-02-08, 04:34 PM   #126
backinthesaddle
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey Bama, Just confirmed at the best value. just need directions to the camp from there. and I'll be by myself so if some one needs a seat I'll have one.
backinthesaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-08, 04:43 PM   #127
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Oh man, we're leaving tuesday, so three more days. two not counting today. really can't wait to get down there and fish. I've just gotta get some money to blow on more tackle when we get down there... better go mow the grass.

BB
Old 06-02-08, 05:10 PM   #128
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Since when is Monday to Tuesday 3 days? Or even 2?

Geez, kids these days... LOL
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-08, 06:59 PM   #129
bamabassman

OK, GANG...HERE WE GO!!! i'll not be online after wednsday. cause i'll be at work till 3:00pm. then i'll come home and hook up the travel trailer, boat and so forth. i have a lot of stuff to load up., hahahaha.so i may not be able to get online then. after i get things loaded up and delivered.. i'll be unloading, and setting up. so....if you have any questions at all. please ask them now. backinthesaddle. from best, you get on hwy 72 towards huntsville (west). take hwy 79 exit (bout 1/2 mile), turn left going under the other hwy, follow till you see the lighted sign on your left. it will have a lot os flashing things saying welcome to goose pond colony. gonna ask the director if he would post a sign welcoming us. it is only about 10 mins down hwy 79. so don't pass by it, lmao. missisippiboy the reports are CORRECT!! i just bought 3 more packs of zoom lizards in punkinseed with chartuse tail. gonna get some 8" black and another pack of blue worms. the lizards are smoking when the sun ain't out, of course in them dang gator vines, lol. i lost one sunday that had to be about 8# or better. he got me in dem vines and snapped the line at the hook. oh well.... he is still there...waiting for me. or one of you guys. and wtl... LOVE TO HEAR MSBOY SING THAT SONG, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. think you can msboy? lol. now i REALLY NEED TO KNOW EXACTLY WHO ELSE IS COMING AND HOW MANY BOATS. i have mine, wtl has his, msboy has his, bob has his (with friend or fiends boat), backinthesaddle and his friend has a boat. my neighbor and is friend is coming with their boat. i am going to write each one coming a private message that hasn't said anything on here. so if ya'll know of anyone else that is willing to come, now is the time to get them on board. the moe the merrier. and if your wives, girlfriends or just ur kinfolk also want to come and join the fun...BRING EM!!! just let me know by wed, ok? i'll make another post concerning the kind of program we'll have. it won't be real precise...so any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED. so let's all chat and come up with a gameplan. and gang... i TRULY AM GRATEFUL FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT. I COULDN'T DO IT WITHOUT YA'LL, MY WIFE, AND ALSO YOU TOO KEVIN!!! LATER GANG, GOTTA GET STARTED PACKING. I'LL BE BACK ON IN A BIT.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-08, 07:24 PM   #130
BigBassin144

Mb, I guess ilm just so excited I forgot what day weler leaving. I meant to say Thursday
BB
Old 06-03-08, 11:22 AM   #131
Lilmoosecountry

Next year is my turn!!! We will be fishing truman lake in warsaw Mo. I'm thinking early March durring the White bass run.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-08, 08:04 PM   #132
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
Hey Bama, Just confirmed at the best value. just need directions to the camp from there. and I'll be by myself so if some one needs a seat I'll have one.
Backinthesaddle, My buddy and I will be staying at the Best Value on Friday night. We have to come back to Cartersville Saturday evening though. Hopefully, I will see most of you on Friday evening.
Old 06-04-08, 03:53 PM   #133
BigBassin144

Alright! leaving tomarrow morning! I just hope I'll be able to get some sleep. Going over the just of stuff right now...

1. fishing rods/reels. Check.
2. Fishing tackle. Check.
3. Money to buy more fishing tackle. Check.

Well looks like we've got everything.

Anyways, wait wait to get down there, fish, meet everyone, and get me a new PB largemouth.

BB
Old 06-04-08, 04:25 PM   #134
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Alright! leaving tomarrow morning! I just hope I'll be able to get some sleep. Going over the just of stuff right now...

1. fishing rods/reels. Check.
2. Fishing tackle. Check.
3. Money to buy more fishing tackle. Check.

BB
4. Money to give to Bama or his wife.
5. NANNERS!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-08, 04:45 PM   #135
bamabassman

hahahahahaha, maboy. yea bring LOTS OF NANNERS. GONNA MAKE PUDDING, REMEMBER?
and yea the money goes to the little lady, hehehehe.msboy...you read everything? any questions? here till tomorrow. be at the campsite tomorrow morning. so today is the last day to ask any questions.
Old 06-04-08, 05:46 PM   #136
BigBassin144

I cant believe we almost forgot to put bananas on the list.

DOH!!!

BB
Old 06-04-08, 06:55 PM   #137
MississippiBoy

I think I've got it all figured out, Bama. Let me know if there's anything else you happen to think of.
Old 06-04-08, 08:15 PM   #138
MrPhotographer06

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

dang...i'll be the ony loser on the site fri,sat,sun wont i? lol
might as not even check it!
MrPhotographer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-08, 09:18 PM   #139
brushhog

Fellas, post plenty when you return, but remember all of my responses will be written with the poison pen of jealousy!!!

Seriously, tight lines and great hook sets to all!
Old 06-04-08, 10:08 PM   #140
WTL

Murphys Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong at the worst possible time.

Today I took the boat to the lake for one last go through, and on the way back I got an alarm. I am thinking the impeller has just about had it, its peeing, but like a man with a constircted uretha. Smokes some too. Gonna hit up the marinas on the way up there to see if they have the parts (oh I'm still coming, you better be ware) but along the way I might have to break it down and do a little surgery. We'll see what they say.
Old 06-04-08, 10:47 PM   #141
bamabassman

dang it wtl, sorry bout that. but i got plenty of tools to help ya out in my truck pal. brushhog, we will take as many pics as we can. i'll probably be taking more due to the fact that i really want bb and kingfish to be really catching them bass. and i'll probably not be catching them, murphy's law, lol. but hopefully bb and kingfish will. and mr. photogapher, you ain't no loser, we'll be heading your way soon pal. so get ready now, ok?
Old 06-04-08, 10:51 PM   #142
WTL

You ever changed a water pump? Its getting some water to pee out the powerhead, just a little out the back - so I might try to take her slow tomorrow and just get up there to Goose Pond.
Old 06-04-08, 11:12 PM   #143
bamabassman

nope, sure haven't but i can help ya ifyou want. i got a good mechinac that will tell us how. and he will probably what you need in stock. mississippiboy will bring his boat if you want to wait. let me know pal. i can call him tomorrow with your motor type and he can get the parts. let me know, ok?
Old 06-04-08, 11:14 PM   #144
bamabassman

you were talking about the boat motor, right? if it is the truck. yes i have shanged out water pumps on 318's. had chrysler's most of my life. not a problem pal. got all the tools you need for that too.
Old 06-04-08, 11:18 PM   #145
WTL

Yea boat motor. I'll give ya a call to touch base tommorow. I'm heading to wilson on the way up, I wont go far out but I want to see it one more time before I order parts. Might just have yall look at it too friday morning. I've done the pumps on the 318 before, thats a definite snap. I also got the repair manual on my laptop for the evinrude.

Its running great, it just got a lil hot after I went all out. The tatletail was streaming. So its not the end of the world, I just better not dare overheat the powerhead.
Old 06-04-08, 11:21 PM   #146
bamabassman

ok, great. hey maybe the line is clogged up. ask zooker or laser (if they are online about it. make a post and see tomorrow.
Old 06-04-08, 11:57 PM   #147
MississippiBoy

WTL, it ain't worth ruining the head for one fishing trip. I've been planning on bringing my boat, but Bama just told me tonight (John, nice talking to ya, by the way) that we might not need it. If yours can't tough it out, let me or Bama know and I'll for sure bring mine and we'll let yours rest till next time. Good luck with it.
Old 06-05-08, 12:17 AM   #148
WTL

I did a little more reading online and some people have had these problems with a blocked thermostat - that should be easy to check tomorow morning so I am gonna look at that first light - you're right, there is no sense burning her up for this. After that I might try and change the impeller here, I'm just gonna call it by ear but I will let you know. When are you leaving? I'm gonna give John a call and let him know whats going on too.
Old 06-05-08, 07:30 AM   #149
bothomas
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Cool

Hey guys sorry I've been out of touch. Been on vacation and stormed at work. I'm planning on meeting up with everyone fri. eve and fishing sat. but I can't stay at the campgrounds. Pregnant wife at home, so I'm gonna drive back to the house. I know a lot of you are heading in early but I'm gonna post my cell# and if someone doesn't mind give me a call and give a number I can call to find you guys tomorrow eve. Also, WTL , if you don't get your boat straight I've got room in mine. so far it's just me anyways. Can't wait to meet you guys. Bring plenty of big worms and lizards, earyly mornings will still get a blade bite and some pop r's.

My Cell# 256.426.3318
bothomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-08, 08:48 AM   #150
MississippiBoy

WTL, I'll hopefully be on the road by 10 or so tomorrow (Friday) morning. John has my cell number.
Here's hoping it's just the thermostat.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.