Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-08, 10:44 PM   #26
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Sorry to hear about your accident man. That sucks! I've broke both my pinky fingers so many times I feel like lopping them off. My left one is cracked in the knuckle right now. Hope you don't miss a beat once it heals up and hopefully that's soon!
BassAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08, 10:49 PM   #27
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

lmao bass addict you better quite getting caught stealing those cookies your wife mde for the pta huh? kidding of course. i hate to break bones...uuugggghhh!!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08, 11:17 PM   #28
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Only broken my nose two times. One time I fell nose first on a metal covered stair, the next time took a baseball to the nose. Not the best year of my life....

I think the arm would be the worst. Leg wouldn't be the highlight of my day either...

Seriously though, what's it like?

-Lunk-
Old 02-19-08, 08:30 AM   #29
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Both my pinky fingers are shaped like fish hooks now! If I could catch fish like my fingers catch stuff I'd win a lot of money! lmbo! I broke the end of my left pinky fielding a ground ball once in softball. I broke both of them playing basketball last year. I did the left one again last week playing league b-ball (I think it's jammed real bad and maybe not broke this time). I had a fracture in both knuckles of my left thumb diving for a ground ball playing in a National Chapionship softball tournament. I broke my right hand below the pinky punching a concrete wall when I was about 17. That was real smart! I will probably have real bad arthritis when I get older. I need to quit the sports and just fish. I'm getting too old to play with all the young guys now!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-08, 12:40 PM   #30
Cranebird
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thanks for taking the time to post in regards to my accident.I go to a plastic surgeon tomorrow, I am curious to see what is going to happen.It's been a sore ordeal, having to clean the wound twice a day and keep it bandaged up and elevated above the heart, for the most part. Now hopefully they can decide what the hell to do , so I can get this healed up, get back to work and more importantly get ready to fish.I have decided to get rid of my guitars, and amps, going to take them to a friends guitar shop this afternoon. Looking to buy an old style scooter, possibly 2 , 1 to rebuild into a fire breathing dragon.Lmao... Thanks again for the kind responses, You'll see me around the site often. Ivan Crane
Old 02-20-08, 01:30 PM   #31
JB

Hope for a speedy recovery crane!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-08, 02:20 PM   #32
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranebird View Post
I have decided to get rid of my guitars, and amps, going to take them to a friends guitar shop this afternoon.

Don't tell me you're serious? You will be able to learn how to make do without the end of one finger. I've seen people with no arms play guitar. Yes, with their feet.
Not trying to talk you out of it, I'm just throwing my $.02 in about not making a quick decision.

Ok, now on a selfish note, you would be willing to sell any to an individual?
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-08, 08:56 PM   #33
bamabassman

did i miss something pnj is now crane? and what is this nonsense about selling the strings? you'll be able to play again man. don't make that dision right now dude. wait till the finger heals up first. it'll take about 3 mons to get really healed right, then you'll be able to see what you can and can't do. but i truely believe that you can play again.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 08:41 PM   #34
lizardsrule

Well Crane/PNJ/JustinCase/Whoever you are today. I'm very sorry to hear about your injury. How much of the tip did you lose, ie down to first knuckle? I lost the tip of my right index finger when I was about 4-5 years old, just the tip, approx 1/2". Most folks never notice, even though the nail is weird. It was painful as I recall, but it healed, and works just fine, you will adapt, and overcome this. I have so many scars on my body, that the last one anyone would notice is my finger LMAO. Good luck and sorry for the late response, I've been busy as he!!. Just tell your missus that you hurt really bad, and the only thing that will make it feel better is if all your blood was in your lower groin region, taking pressure off the wound rotflmao.

Lizards
Old 02-25-08, 08:53 PM   #35
Cranebird
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Lyzyrdz, Its good to see your still alive and kicking. You're right its sore as hell but its healin slowly. I tried to get my new avater up, but I am computer illiterate. Poison Ivy

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.