Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-08, 10:32 PM   #1
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default New boat!

Got a new boat today. All year I have been looking for a good deal on a kayak or one of these and finally one came up for sale for a very good price so I grabbed it. 2007 Pelican Bass Raider 10:

I got just the boat and seats, no motor but those little Minn Kota ones are pretty cheap.
There's a lot of small ponds and lakes around here that I can't get my bass boat into so this will be great. I can probably also use it in the little "rivers" around here.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 10:36 PM   #2
Jim80

Nice bender my dad picked up something close to that earlier in the summer and have had a blast with it , congrats

Jim
Old 12-08-08, 11:08 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

dang it!! i always wanted one just like that bender. and just for what you are wanting to use it for too,lmao. congrats pal.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-08, 01:57 AM   #4
carolina-rig-01

i had one similair to that for several years, i finally sold it when i bought my first bass boat.......i really wish i would have never sold it. we drank several beers and caught a ton of fish out of that thing. i wish i still had it. great buy bender you will love it.

word to the wise:
if you have a jackhammer hookset like i do, make sure you only fish out of the side of the boat. one cold morning i was fishing by myself and threw directly out the front of the boat and learned the hard way that if you set the hook really hard the seats will slide out of their tracks and you will get wet before you know what happened. there i was trying to cuss, laugh, tread water, fight a fish, and get my seat back in the boat all at the same time (lost the fish by the way). my wife loves to tell that story whenever she gets the chance hahaha.
Old 12-09-08, 11:04 AM   #5
woody

Looks good Bender.

Crig, that's pretty funny, ...just something else for us to laugh about at the GET TOGETHER! hahaha
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-08, 04:53 PM   #6
MIbasser

Nice boat Bender! Can we fish the KLBA in that next year?
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-08, 04:57 PM   #7
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Nice boat, Bender. Had me all excited when I saw it was you posting. Thought you went and bought a Champion or something. Anyhow, good luck with it!

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-08, 06:11 PM   #8
JB

I had a bass hunter like that after my first 2 V haul aluminum boats, they sure are easy to move around ,but just like others have stated, if ya are standing and set the hook hard you'll go in the drink.
Most tend to sit in them all the time back to back or one behind the other..
Perfect for electric only reservoirs
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-08, 11:08 PM   #9
Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIbasser View Post
Nice boat Bender! Can we fish the KLBA in that next year?
Nope, no livewell.
I can't wait to get onto a lot of small ponds around here. Lots of them have small dirt access ramps that you can't get a trailer on but you can launch one of these or a canoe. Here's a map of the area by where I live:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...6,0.44632&z=12
I'm by East Crooked Lake and it is one of the larger ones at 300 acres, there's lots of little blue dots on there!
Old 12-10-08, 02:43 AM   #10
carolina-rig-01

man bender, there are ponds all around you. that boat will come in real handy.
Old 12-10-08, 09:48 AM   #11
woody

Bender, it looks like you made a good investment in that little boat.

How's the access to these ponds, I'm guessing with that many ponds around it shouldn't be to difficult to find one that is open for fishing.
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-08, 10:33 AM   #12
Bender

Many of those are on private property, but there are also a lot of them with state access that are somewhat "unimproved", i.e. dirt/grass point to launch. Ideally someday I will live somewhere with a decent sized pond and it will also be perfect for that too. Now I have to go get a trolling motor for it.
Old 12-26-08, 09:22 AM   #13
1FASTLASER

Ok now lets see......a 6"jackplate, balancing and blueprinting the prop, oh yeah lets not forget to super tune the batteries......yep pretty damn sure I can get another 2 or 3 mph outta I had one of dem pond jumpers.
Old 12-27-08, 03:10 AM   #14
Bender

I did just get my prop back from getting blueprinted and repitched, funny you should mention it. Not for this boat though.
Old 12-27-08, 08:07 AM   #15
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I did just get my prop back from getting blueprinted and repitched, funny you should mention it. Not for this boat though.
Now bender you know you cant make that statement and not post up the results man. Hopefully everything went good for ya. Now would be a good time to post up to different set of numbers so the good folks out here can actually see the difference between a box stock prop and the same prop after the blueprinting and balancing are done. I myself along ime ago could not beleive it made that much differecne. My first prop to get tuned was a freebe. He did it just to prove a point. It was on a Procraft 180V with a slightly warmed up XR6 150 (ya'll know I cant leave a motor alone). Before the prop was done I was running around 67mph and holeshot was ok. After the prop surgery 72 on a good day NO vibration, less wheel torque and holeshot was real good.
Old 12-28-08, 02:03 AM   #16
Bender

I'll post up numbers in 4 to 5 months! Got the boat put away for the winter since the lakes are all iced up. It's killing me not to get to try it. It's a TR04 24P, was running 61 MPH @ 5600 RPM @ 16psi so Mark Croxton cleaned it up real good, blueprinted it, and took it down to 23P I think. Hole shot was great before and so-so with a 300 pound coangler or with a 34 gallon livewell full of water. Top end was what needed changed, I hit 65 with a 3 blade 23M @ 6200 RPM but the boat didn't handle very well.
Old 12-28-08, 03:34 AM   #17
Tennessee
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Love these boats

When the lakes run short on rain and they fall below avaerage depths I love this kind rig to fish LOG HOPPING TIME

Later Will
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.