Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-08, 10:41 AM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default bee line boats

i was at a dealer this friday buyin some yamalube..when i seen this boat sittin in the show room. i was looking at the boat and the thought was "dam that looks like a bumble bee" which is sorta like a chunky bullet hull. but i know rumble bee went under in 06. so i have spent some time digging. this is what i found..

Phoenix rises 7/25/2007
Western pro Rich Tauber sat down with BassFan at the recent ICAST trade show to discuss a new boat company that was formed July 1. Phoenix Boats is based out of Tullahoma, Tenn. and features a list of talent including former Stratos and Champion names Gary Clouse, Hank Baker and Teresa Johnson, plus boat designer Greg Strahm. Rich Tauber is a national sales representatives.

"We purchased Bumble Bee Boats, their 40,000-sq.ft. facility, along with their molds and remaining parts inventory," Tauber said. "A new line of boats will be available on September 15, 2007 and will be called the Bee Line Boats. This line will be our entry-level boat with a price point around $30,000. The first line of Phoenix boats will be produced and available in March of 2008 and will be our custom high-performance boat." Phoenix Boat Company is a privately owned company. "They want to keep it that way," Tauber noted. "We want to produce a quality product with a family atmosphere."

as of right now i have not found pictures on the web of the new boats. the company website is not up yet. but if the new boats are the old bee's in a differant wrapper as they say. the ones i seen were 08 and priced about the same as the same size 08 procraft which they were sitting beside..

zooker
Old 03-30-08, 06:41 PM   #2
bamabassman

tried an old bumble, was too bumpy a ride for me. is the new line gonna be smoother? never been in a procraft either.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-08, 09:52 PM   #3
boater
BassFishin.Com Active Member

bass and waleye boat magazine did an article last year about them,I think is said the new company will work with the bumle bee owners .
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-08, 05:25 AM   #4
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Seen the same show there zook. Kinda wish I could find some more info. They could be a helluva contender for entry level fisherman in the tourney scene from what I seen and the price was just fantastic.

Bama ........you never been in a Pro. Damn fine boats for cookie cutters. That was my first BRAND new never been owned boat. Bought a 180V with a XR6 and of course couldnt leave the motor alone. Surprised the hell oughta several 19 and 20' boats with 200 and 225 wit my lil ole XR6. She was a blast to drive till it rweally got rough and then she was a bear to keep from ripping the kidneys apart. The main rewason I soold her. I am getting old enough and had enough back surgeries that I need a sofetr ride than what she could give out when the wind got to howling.
Old 04-02-08, 05:43 PM   #5
bamabassman

lol 1fast, i too am too old and have bad enough back troubles (no surgery...yet) to go bumpty, bumpty. i likes the smooth ride now.
Old 04-02-08, 05:57 PM   #6
BERKLEY83

Great Find Zook. To Bad No Pictures Though I Would Love To See One.
BERKLEY83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 06:30 PM   #7
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERKLEY83 View Post
Great Find Zook. To Bad No Pictures Though I Would Love To See One.
berkley

i am headin back to charlotte friday after work. i will take the camera i got to go right by there.. while i was digging up more mud than a fresh caught catfish on these boats. and buddy i had to dig DEEP too..
i found out the guys from stratos are the men behind bee line.. to be excate the pesident,sale manager,and marketing manager are all former stratos boats top brass. stratos boats are a very fisherman friendly boat if i ever seen one..

zooker
Old 04-02-08, 06:41 PM   #8
BERKLEY83

Here Is One I Found Online Today Let Me Know If This Is It Or Not Zook. Thanks Agian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BUZZ LINE.jpg
Views:	3514
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	2077  
Old 04-02-08, 06:43 PM   #9
BERKLEY83

Cool

Here Are The Seat This Is A Sweet Boat.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-08, 08:39 PM   #10
bamabassman

now that looks cool as all get out right there!!! and zooker, the dealer that i bought my cajun from said that stratos also bought out cajun and mine is really a stratos basically. did he lie? just wondering.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.