Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-08, 04:19 PM   #1
Futurepro22
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Futurepro22
Default Hydraulic Jackplate - Need some Info

Hey guys. I just bought an 05 stratos 201 Pro XL w/ a 250 vmax. It comes w/ a hydraulic jackplate. I was wanting to know how to run a bass boat w/ one of these. I know you dont want to pull it out of the water while running down the lake, I was wanting to know how can you tell your are about to reach the max. height w/o losing prop "bite"?

Thanks.. Ill post post pics when i get them taking.
Old 06-21-08, 04:27 PM   #2
Futurepro22

also what do think my max top speed should be around.
Old 06-21-08, 04:51 PM   #3
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

top end with that boat after playing with 77-79gps..

zooker
Old 06-22-08, 06:16 AM   #4
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hey buddy where the hay have you been. Nice rig ya bought but a Yamaha on the back...............

Just kidding I wanted to give zooker somtin to #itch about. LMAO!!!!

Ok hydraulic jack plate is no different on a BASS BOAT than a manual you just have the added capability to jack the motor or drop it at the time it needs to instead of having to trailer or use the trim to settle her down. You need to figure out where by using your tack and feeling and recording times is the best location for the jack under normal operating conditions such as loaded full of fuel and you heading out to fish a tourney ......if thats the way you normally fish. Now you leave it alone unless one of the variables changes such as take on a passenger and she wont tun topend quite as hard you bump the plate down with a switch instead of a wrench. Get the picture......

Any more questions gimme a holler and zook is pretty damn right on with the speed. Boat should run high 70's with ease.
Old 06-24-08, 06:10 PM   #5
boater

By Joe thats it in a nut shell . Oh by the way Laser I spent the weekend at St Louis drag boat races them Allisons sure put on a good showin'
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-08, 06:15 PM   #6
1FASTLASER

Boater

Did you take any pics. Sure hope ya did. If'n yea did send me some to me in an email if ya dont mind. My email is wareagle50@hotmail.com.
Thanks bud.
Old 06-25-08, 03:53 PM   #7
Futurepro22

i had it on the lake yesterday.. me, my g/f, full tank of gas,and my equip.. had it at 70... then started chine walking..

any suggestions?
Old 06-25-08, 03:56 PM   #8
Futurepro22

here is my new baby.. only thing different is the boat reg. numbers.

http://www.townemarine.com/detailima...11|Photo%2012#
Old 06-25-08, 07:53 PM   #9
boater

In my opinion 70 is a good speed for chine walking to start. You can either have a good cadilac ride in a slower ( under 70s ) or go for speed at which time there is an eliment or work to drive through chine Bass boat central under novice boater has a goood clip on how to learn to drive through chine walking I posted it in here once but not sure where it is.
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 05:47 PM   #10
bamabassman

WHAT A BEAUT!!!! great looking boat. now..what about the g/f? any pics of her? hahahahaha. very nice ride there man.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 11:21 PM   #11
Futurepro22

another queation i need help w/... when i add water and another person to my boat.. should i move the jackplate up or down to get optimal performance?
Old 07-06-08, 07:08 AM   #12
1FASTLASER

There is no way that I can tell you what YOUR boat needs in that instance. What you have to do is bump here up or down a tad to figure which does the trick. All boats are different in that respect. I can tell you that NORMALLY after getting on plane and bumping the throttle up to speed NORMALLY a bump down is in order.
Old 07-06-08, 10:11 AM   #13
Futurepro22

i've moved it up and down... i still havent reached that 70mph mark again, like i did the first day i took it out... and i have never had it over 71... should it get to 75 w/ ease?
im getting agitated.. b/c everything i try.. seems to make it go slower..
Old 07-06-08, 03:00 PM   #14
1FASTLASER

Dont get frustrated bud. Thats the worse thing to do. Try and remeber the conditions....ie how much fuel,tackle placement. It all adds up. When the guys are going for an all out speed run we always empty the boat of everything including troller and batteries EVERYTHING and have the same amount of fuel onboard that we did last speed run. Thats the only way you can duplicate everything again and hope that mother nature will give you the same weather again. My boat with the same amount of fuel tackle and persons will run 53 GPS in the morning............cant get that heffer to hit 50 when the sun gets up. EVERYTHING has a effect on 2 stroke motors especially moreso on a boat. 70mph a TRUE 70mph with a stratos ltourney loaded with that motor is quite bluntly HAULING ***. I dont care what anyone says that boat is rolling. Now get rid of some of the tackle and the fuel and she will start to fly the hull. I assure you I can push that boat close to 80 with everything removed and the right conditions. So ya see you have to take an average and settle for that because there are WAY TO MANY variables to contend with. Ever noticed how a all out race boat has a small say 14 gal fuel tank. Reason being every run will be the same...............they set the motor for the barometric conditions and humidity and so forth by many many runs under many many conditions. Get the picture.
Old 07-06-08, 03:56 PM   #15
bamabassman

hey... i was told that my old cajun would hit 70. ain't got it over 67 yet. but that is fast enough for me really. and laser is right. when i want to go fast, i have at least 2 others in da boat...plus my gear. so i never hit more that about 58 then. and it leans to the left when i have 2 or more people in it. i have moved the little thing above the prop all the way to the right, like i was told to. and it still don't help till i get it on plane. any help with that laser or boater?
Old 07-06-08, 04:33 PM   #16
1FASTLASER

Ok that little thingy above the prop you can g ahead and take it off and put a straight plate on it. Whenup and running they dont do squat if the boat is set correctly ie prop engine height etc etc. As far as leaning when running you still gotta move something around in the boat. You got a blance issue as far as the load is concerned.
Old 07-06-08, 04:35 PM   #17
bamabassman

oh..ok. thanks pal.
Old 07-07-08, 05:36 AM   #18
1FASTLASER

Hey bama I was sittin here and thinking abit. Yea you smell it to. Post me some pics on that boayt of your's. Especially a rear shot of the motor and transom, and again refresh my memory what year is she. I may know what the leaning is after I got to scratching my head.
Old 07-07-08, 05:18 PM   #19
bamabassman

ok, will do laser. give me few days, ok?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.