Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 04-07-10, 09:21 PM   #1
tarpon120
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Stratos 285 pro xl

Hey Zooker,

Appreciate the info. I had noticed the gas gauge was squirelly. I'm running a four stroke Yammy (150) and seems to be pretty good on gas when I stay around 4000 r's. I really haven't pushed it yet but seems very stable, no chine walking so far but sure it's coming. Thanks, Again

Anybody got any pointers on this boat???
tarpon120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-10, 09:26 PM   #2
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

What info are you looking for? I've got a 285.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-10, 09:57 PM   #3
tarpon120

Just looking for any feedback from owners of stratos good, bad or indifferent, Do' Dont's.
I looked at several brands and came across this boat at a deal I could not walk away from. Have not owned a bass boat since the mid 80's. Still continued to fish with buddies from their boats and took up kayak fishing a few years back, mainly rivers.
Old 04-08-10, 08:38 AM   #4
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Overall I think the gas gauge is about the only real problem I have. From what I gather you can replace the sending unit with one of theses to fix the problem: http://www.centroidproducts.com/tableofc.htm . I have not done it yet.

I'm very happy with the boat. It's pretty quick and it fishes very well. It is a little bit of a wet ride when the waves are kicking up. I have added several things to mine like a worked 4 blade prop, 6" jackplate, gas shocks on lids, compartment lighting, etc. I also upgraded the electronics.

I have hit 65 GPS with my old 3 blade prop. and 62 with the 4 blade with a lot more weight in the boat. I have not had any serious chine walk problems. I have the 2 stroke 150 Yamaha.

I think it is a great boat for most all inland lakes but maybe not the best on the real big water but it gets through it.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 12:15 PM   #5
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Overall I think the gas gauge is about the only real problem I have. From what I gather you can replace the sending unit with one of theses to fix the problem: http://www.centroidproducts.com/tableofc.htm . I have not done it yet.

I'm very happy with the boat. It's pretty quick and it fishes very well. It is a little bit of a wet ride when the waves are kicking up. I have added several things to mine like a worked 4 blade prop, 6" jackplate, gas shocks on lids, compartment lighting, etc. I also upgraded the electronics.

I have hit 65 GPS with my old 3 blade prop. and 62 with the 4 blade with a lot more weight in the boat. I have not had any serious chine walk problems. I have the 2 stroke 150 Yamaha.

I think it is a great boat for most all inland lakes but maybe not the best on the real big water but it gets through it.

It made MY eyes bug out!
Old 04-08-10, 04:31 PM   #6
tarpon120

Thanks for the info, I am running a three blade S/S prop and also have a jackplate, boat was loaded, dual console, hot foot, trim on wheel, three seats, hyd. steering. I feel it was really good buy <14. I am really happy with the boat, been out a few times only once when water wasn't white capping. Almost let the wife put more fish in the boat last time, she found an old motoroil with a chartruse tail. I had thrown everything, crank, jerk bait, lizards you name it. She finally gave me one and I saved face. Zoom ran some last year so I quickly bought some.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.