Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-10, 11:32 PM   #1
CruisinGA
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Cover for boat kept on water

Just purchased an '88 Ranger 373V w/ 150 'Rude. It was loaded to the gills for '88 and has about 250 hrs on it. Everything works, and it is in great shape.

This past fall and winter, the boat stayed on the lift in our dock, but in summer the MasterCraft gets the lift and the Ranger is floating in the water attached to mooring whips.

We have the original cover, but it is about 3x as heavy and cumbersome as a cover should be and seems to be designed to attach primarily to the trailer, which is not there.

I want a cover that is has a strap to go under the front of the bow and one under the engine, and a drawstring that cinches down around the perimeter of the boat. Since we are putting this cover on while the boat is floating, lightweight material is a must.

Is this going to have to be a custom job? I have no idea what suppliers/brands of bass boat cover are worth anything. Don't necessarily care about custom cover fit, just want to keep the sun from destroying this nice condition older boat.
CruisinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 11:43 PM   #2
Abbeysdad
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

It sounds like you have a canvas cover and they are great, but heavier than the new polyester covers.
I haven't done this, but have seen mooring covers with suction cup tie downs.
Something like: http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...googleshopping
You start at the bow and work your way back attaching the suction cups as you go.
Old 06-14-10, 11:54 PM   #3
CruisinGA
BassFishin.Com Member

The original cover is canvas, and looks like it was really nice back in '88, but not at all suited as a mooring cover.

Those suction cups are a neat idea, hopefully someone here has used them and will chime in.

Could really use some suggestions on material/ cover manufacturer.
Old 06-16-10, 02:00 PM   #4
jwharwell
BassFishin.Com Member

Default covers

You can try the website below. I have gotten covers from them before and been very pleased. They do stock and custom covers. I am sure that they should be able to get you what you are looking for. http://www.mightycovers.com/Boat-Cover.htm
jwharwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 08:55 AM   #5
CruisinGA
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the tip. I sent them an email with what I was looking for, I hope they respond.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.