Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 03-24-11, 10:06 PM   #1
WJSJ
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Propeller info

I have a 16.5 Stratos with a 110 Johnson v-4 the manual says dia of prop should be 13"
I have a 13.75 dia 19 pitch that will fit this motor do you think the .75 extra diameter would hurt?
WJSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 12:19 AM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

No, probably not. It won't "hurt" anything, it might even do better, or it might perform worse with the propeller being different than their recommendation. Each boat is unique, and take different setups to perform their best.
Old 03-25-11, 09:56 AM   #3
JESTERxHEAD
BassFishin.Com Member

like above it probably wont hurt a thing. as long as it clears the cav. plate......75 on the dia. is only .375 on the radius so it will clear....

A larger prop pitched the same as original will be slightly harder to turn. but if you can spin it at the WOT range it will carry your boat alot better.

Last edited by JESTERxHEAD; 03-25-11 at 10:01 AM.
JESTERxHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 10:27 AM   #4
lilmule

Im running a 131/2 in 24 P raker on my 140 with the small gearcase and have fair clearance from cav plate.Larger blade lil less rpms but better grip generally.
Online it suggests the small gearcase can use up to a 14 in blade,again clearance being the issue.Run it at idlle with water ears to make sure it clears,as shafts have built in wobble with age and an unbalanced prop.
Running a 13 3/4 should be no problem.Your 13 3/4 is a 13 spline shaft prop?
Years ago had a 90 inline merc running a 19 P on a 15 ft skeeter,should work great.The v4 rudes will generally even go higher in pitch due to gearing being low.I ran a 21 P on a 115 johnson,and a 23 on a 135.So 19 would be a good choice for general usage but not sking.
You failed to mention what year of mfg,pre 85 was hp rated at powerhead meaning a 110 was less than 100 hp,post 85 rated at prop was a 135 detuned as no bubbleback and 112 sp for the old 140,post 85 can easily take a 20- or 21 p

Last edited by lilmule; 03-25-11 at 12:02 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 03:29 PM   #5
nobass

go to [URL="www.theoutboard wizard.com"]and ask the same question he is the tech for evinrude/johnson he will supply you all info needed

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.