Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-10, 10:16 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Go colts !!!

I cant wait to see the Jets get a hiney whoopin'.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 12:00 AM   #2
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

I'm cool with that. I do like the Colts, if for no other reasons than they're fun to watch, and have a few fantasy football studs.
Old 01-22-10, 12:10 AM   #3
nofearengineer

I'm not a big sports fan, but the Colts sort of have an appeal to me, because they don't seem like just another bunch of thugs.

Plus, my step-dad has loved the colts back from when they were in Baltimore, and he could use some happiness. He gets such a kick out of his leather Colts jacket I got him a while back.

So yeah...go Colts.
Old 01-22-10, 03:41 PM   #4
WTL

J E T S

Really had nothing against the Colts until they pulled their starters a few weeks ago against the Jets, conceding defeat in a season where they had the chance to go undefeated. That was a loser move by their coach and if karma is real they should not be rewarded with a super bowl victory.

I also very much admire the physicality of the Jets' style. Don't see as many NFL teams commit to the run.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 04:12 PM   #5
muddy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I am a Jets fan, not rabid ( or knowledgable) about football like I am with baseball and college hoops. I root for perenial loosers; Baseball: Mets, Basketball, Knicks and St.Johns.Championships are few and far between for these teams!
The Colts made the right decision, did you see how strong and complete the Saints looked on 3 weeks rest? The Colts did not look all that bad either. Perfect seasons can be spolied by the most important game : The Superbowl, we do not have the medical reports on the Colts, nor the Xrays that show what needed to be rested. I would always chase a World Championship over a season record. Nobody remembers who came in second!
muddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 08:15 PM   #6
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy View Post
I am a Jets fan, not rabid ( or knowledgable) about football like I am with baseball and college hoops. I root for perenial loosers; Baseball: Mets, Basketball, Knicks and St.Johns.Championships are few and far between for these teams!
The Colts made the right decision, did you see how strong and complete the Saints looked on 3 weeks rest? The Colts did not look all that bad either. Perfect seasons can be spolied by the most important game : The Superbowl, we do not have the medical reports on the Colts, nor the Xrays that show what needed to be rested. I would always chase a World Championship over a season record. Nobody remembers who came in second!
All precious peytie had to do was make it 2 more quarters and he isn't notably injury prone. The way they were going, they very well could have lost the game had he played anyways, but to tap out is bad sportsmanship. They might end the year superbowl champs (and playing the Jets with a full roster in wk 14 would almost certainly not have hurt that quest, teams that have locked up playoff and homefield spots and then went on to sit their starters have as often as not been rusty out of the gates, Colts and Saints this year notwithstanding), but had they won them all, every game, they would have been known as the greatest football team in history. No sir, to not compete like that is an insult to the game.

Not to mention the poor Colts fans who paid good money to attend that game a month ago, only to have their home team say "game over" after halftime. Weak....weak...weak.....
Old 01-22-10, 08:22 PM   #7
muddy

Those who get the rings will tell the true value of this decision. I am hoping and praying for lightning to strike twice. The last time we had Willy Joe and a crazed defense to take on the heavily favored Colts.
Old 01-22-10, 09:01 PM   #8
WTL

Quote:
Those who get the rings will tell the true value of this decision. I am hoping and praying for lightning to strike twice. The last time we had Willy Joe and a crazed defense to take on the heavily favored Colts.
Those who get the rings will never know if they would have been undefeated, so no they cannot tell the true value of the decision.
Old 01-22-10, 09:08 PM   #9
muddy

Thats such a second place point of view

I don't get all wrapped up in football as baseball, and to tell you the truth I havent more than an opinion if it was a good decision, I do strongly fell if they win the Super Bowl, it was an extremly right decision. I will miss the first half of the game as I have something else I am commited to that day, never figured the Jets would still be in the mix

Anyway Hope for Haiti is on , see ya later, have a good evening
Old 01-23-10, 12:32 AM   #10
bamabassman

J E T S ! Jets,jets jets! Hahahaha, have hated the colts since they moved outta baltimore. But i am undecided on the vikings or the saints. Like em both. But my heart is always with my FINS!
Old 01-23-10, 12:52 AM   #11
CMorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
J E T S ! Jets,jets jets! Hahahaha, have hated the colts since they moved outta baltimore. But i am undecided on the vikings or the saints. Like em both. But my heart is always with my FINS!

Man Bama , you hold a grudge dont cha ??
Old 01-23-10, 12:57 AM   #12
bamabassman

Well i guess so,lol. I think that the owners did baltimore wrong back then. Just like davis did with the raiders. Used to like them somewhat. I jsut hope the fins stay where they are. Now if we can just rebuild, hahahaha.
Old 01-23-10, 01:24 AM   #13
MississippiBoy

My grandfather, who died December 18, 2008, was a HUGE Peyton Manning fan. Even when he could barely see, hear, or talk, on Sunday afternoons he'd manage to say "Watch Peyton" or something to that effect. My grandmother would always find the game, and Papa would sit and watch the whole thing, with the sound cranked to about 147 dB.
Neat story...my cousin Candace works as a hairdresser here in town at a fairly upscale salon. One day, after Papa had died, Peyton's mother's came to have her hair done. While she was working on her, Candace mentioned how big of a fan Papa was. At her next appointment, she brought a stadium chair that Peyton had signed "To Candace, in honor of your grandfather."
All of that being said, I guess I'm rooting for the Colts. Papa would be disappointed if I didn't.
Old 01-23-10, 01:55 AM   #14
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Quote:
Muddy, you would make a great Saints fan. I got to go with the Colts though. I can't really agree with the decision making about pulling the players, but then again, I would drink from a commode when millions of dollars were at hand for the big 'un. He might live different behind closed doors, but Payton seems like a good hearted, down to earth person. Too bad Papa wasn't around to see the gift. I imagine he would have been tickled on the inside.
Old 01-23-10, 08:32 AM   #15
muddy

Hey Bubba , I lived in New Orleans for several years, feelin you there! The Jets moved, across the river, but they still moved. The Dodgers broke my Dad's heart when they moved, I remember that,he actually cried, which he did not do often.

If the Colts win the superbowl, which is the reason both the owner and GM, gave for the decsion to abort the perfect year attempt; then it was worth the roll of the dice, We will know for sure if it was the right decison, because they explained thier motive, and the GM has taken responsibility for it.

Last edited by muddy; 01-23-10 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-23-10, 09:26 AM   #16
crankybait

Being a Raider fan, watching the Jets kick (pun intended) the Chargers out of the playoffs was brilliant. Unfortunately, I can't have them winning again or I am eliminated from my playoff pool. I've won 2 out of 5 times, trying to make it three out of six. got a Colts vs Vikings superbowl, with Colts winning. If Colts and Vikings win tomorrow, I am guarenteed at least second palce and my money back. If the Colts win, the pool is all mine
Old 01-24-10, 10:24 AM   #17
CMorg

Cranky , I am not real sure about your superbowl winner. I agree with the two teams you have chosen , but I just dont know if the colts d can tame the vikes. They have a good run , and if the Colts can stop that ( not real good d against running anyway ) then ol man favre can throw , and throw well...should be a good game anyway. And , I am rooting for those Colts too...
Old 01-24-10, 09:39 PM   #18
muddy

Ahh, Nice going Colts!, I gotta wait some more. that decision is looking better and better as the Jets were Lethargic in the 2nd half and the Colts were roaring!
Old 01-24-10, 10:16 PM   #19
woody

Got to hand it to the New York Jets, they played a really good game.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-10, 11:29 PM   #20
TN_Bassin

Well there at the end of the Saints and Vikings game, there were a series of horrible calls by the officiating crew that decided the game. Congrats to New Orleans though, I'm sure it's Mardi Gras down there all night long and until the Superbowl. Sorry about your playoff pool crankybait, I'm sure you feel pretty disgusted with the officials right now.
Old 01-24-10, 11:32 PM   #21
Bassboss

Hmm.... looks like the Saints are going to the super bowl baby!!

PS- my all time favorite NFL teams are the Saints, and the Steelers!
Old 01-24-10, 11:49 PM   #22
crankybait

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Bassin View Post
Well there at the end of the Saints and Vikings game, there were a series of horrible calls by the officiating crew that decided the game. Congrats to New Orleans though, I'm sure it's Mardi Gras down there all night long and until the Superbowl. Sorry about your playoff pool crankybait, I'm sure you feel pretty disgusted with the officials right now.
Na, it's cool with the pool. As long as the colts win, I'm pretty sure i still win it all. And they better win. They came on strong in the second half but gotta play a full solid game to win the big one
Old 01-25-10, 12:08 AM   #23
TN_Bassin

It will be an interesting Superbowl The two highest seeds going into the playoffs get to battle it out. I think Peyton Manning will probably choke in the big game. Which is to bad because I want the Colts to win. The Saints will come into the game strong, and Reggie Bush could have an All Pro game against the Indianapolis run defense. I foresee a high scoring game, 27-37 Colts ball game.
Old 01-25-10, 12:33 AM   #24
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Although I would like to see the Saints pull it off. I think Payton will sandbag and slow roll to get the defense and then pick them apart in the second half. 34-20 Colts.
Old 01-25-10, 12:44 AM   #25
nofearengineer

I think the city of New Orleans will have something to feel good about now. I'm sure they can use it.

I'm very surprised I saw nearly flawless officiating in the Colts game. I didn't watch the Saints-Vikings game, though I am glad to see ol' Crybaby lose.

It will probably be a very good Superbowl. I don't think there will be any choking, at least by Indy. Just look at how many times they came from behind this year. They obviously do well under pressure. I would look for New Orleans to go up by 14 at the half, and then the Colts will pull back in the second half, for a nail-biter at the end.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.