Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-08, 04:43 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Lancers this week in football Report

Just waiting to see what Lancer has to say about about his Sooners (or laters) getting beat by my Longhorns.

Hook em' Horns!
Old 10-13-08, 05:16 PM   #2
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

and to the auburn fans...OUCH!

go hogs !!!
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-08, 05:21 PM   #3
WTL

Do we have any clemson people on board?

I would brag about Bama BTW, but I think Ole Miss is gonna beat us this week. Gotta look ahead when you talk smack.
Old 10-13-08, 05:28 PM   #4
lowrider

i was just happy to get the win, rebuilding year/s and all. especially "down on the plains"

ole miss...don't miss houston nutt, and they may love him right now but wait till everyone is tired of not haveing a passing game.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-08, 08:20 PM   #5
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I'm a slight Clemson fan, but I also like wake forest. Kyle Parker and Xavier Brewer, freshman QB and DB both went to my school last year and play for Clemson this year. Parker also led the ACC in home runs for a little bit last season (he graduated early and went to play baseball)

And for Wake Forest, my buddy Andrew Parker (no relation to Kyle) also went to my school, and is now a freshman tight end......
Old 10-13-08, 08:29 PM   #6
cassidyta

If I were Bama, I would be happy with the rankings. The number one ranking has proven to be a kiss of death for the past couple of seasons.
Old 10-13-08, 08:41 PM   #7
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
If I were Bama, I would be happy with the rankings. The number one ranking has proven to be a kiss of death for the past couple of seasons.

Oh trust me, we are just fine considering we started at #24.

Seriously, the ranking doesnt even affect whether we could hypothetically get to the BCS title game. We are in the SEC. If we win out, we are going. If we lose a game, were out. Thats all there is to it - so all we have to do is beat Ole Miss, UT, Arkie St, Miss st, LSU, Aubie and Florida and we're there. Piece of cake.
Old 10-13-08, 09:40 PM   #8
flfireman

That's a big piece of cake. Planning on seeing Florida in SEC champ.? We still have to deal w/ Vandie and Georgia. I'll celebrate when we see you at the end of SEC play.
Old 10-13-08, 10:52 PM   #9
WTL

I'm being facetious about the sched, it worries me. The better we do, the more worried I get cause of the potential to overlook a team with talent like UT or Ole Miss. UT and the barn will play hard no matter what.

I think Florida looks like the obvious choice in the east, and I would rather play them than see Uga a second time.
Old 10-14-08, 12:08 AM   #10
bamabassman

hey i LOVE being number 2. keeps us honest and hungry. at least i hope it does. i am like wtl, still pessimisticly hopeful. we ain't but halfway into our schedule. and we STILL gotta play ol miss, miss state (which beat us 2 yrs in a row), and lsu, tenn, and auburn (won last 6 yrs). we got a log way to go yet. heard ol tommy bowden got fired today, hahahahaha.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 02:48 PM   #11
Lancer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
Just waiting to see what Lancer has to say about about his Sooners (or laters) getting beat by my Longhorns.

Hook em' Horns!

With a little help from the zebras, but a great game nonetheless.
That game, the OSWho/Mizzou game, and others make my point, stated in an earlier thread, that the BIg 12, particularly the South Division, is THE strongest in college football. I mentioned that I suspected that NO team from the Big 12 would survive the season, to include the conference c'ship game, unscathed and I truly will be surprised if one does even if it's the team with the flying uterus on their helmets.
When you look at the number if 1st place votes cast for various teams it's apparent that the "experts" agree with me thus far.
I don't get upset by losses that are in keeping with the spirit of the college game and C-rig's little burst of gloating only proves another of Professor Lancer's Theses; "You know you're an admired and envied dynasty when your losses elicit more comment than do your victories." If ANY program fits that mold in the annals of college football, it's the Sooners. There are others, but few...very few.
Onward...I won't be surprised if OU loses two more games...the conference is THAT strong. I won't be surprised if Texiz Tek or OSWho wins the conference c'ship...the talent AND coaching is so increasingly superior throughout almost the entire league.
The SEC has a lot of hype and a ton of talent but nowhere near the number of superior coaches as one finds in the Large Dozen.
The PACMAN Ten has the same situation but even fewer fairly intimidating teams than the EssySee. USC has been exposed by a far inferior team (Oregano State) and most of the others, save for Oregano U., are middle of the road at best.
The Big Ten+one has pretty much crumbled, the decline of Meatchicken U. being the featured attraction, leaving Ohio St and Punt St to carry the banner. Wait!...MinnySoda has only one loss! Amazing!...but look at whom they've defeated
Of the twelve programs that make up the the "12", only two can be considered moribund at this time; Iowa State and Texiz A&M. Aand/orM will improve rapidly, I believe, and Gene Chizik, given time, will revive ISU.
ISU has so much negative history that it's gonna be a struggle, espcially re recruiting.
Two others, Baylor (a small church school) and KSU are "on the cusp" and may either finish respectably or be eaten alive by the rest of the conference. Baylor will always operate with a handicap and KSU has historically reeked (they lost 34 in a row to OU in one string and nearly the same number to the Sooners in another) except for the Bill Snyder era. Even then, they couldn't "finish" for a MNC.
All fine and good, and there's more games to be enjoyed...win or lose. I thank God for that!

Be safe all. Congrats to the Whorns.

Lancer6

Last edited by Lancer6; 10-14-08 at 02:56 PM.
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-08, 10:56 PM   #12
bamabassman

oh no l6 ..... you truly didn't say that the S E C isdoesn't have the some, if not the most talented coaches did you? come on now lancer. i have to tell you my frined that NO other comference in the NATION has sent MORE teams to bowl games than ANY other conference in the nation....CONSTANTLY! i am NOT GONNA get into a debate over this either. i ain't mad....not gonna get mad. how many coaches do you think are truly great minds of football in the big 12, versus the SEC? let me tell you the coaches i among some noteable professionals on the tv tube, newspapers think are very smart coaches. of course there is saban.. a given, steve spurrier, urban myer,and yes i think that tommy tubby is truly a smart coach, the vandy of course smart, and a great leader, kentucky's coach is very smart, and yes i forget their names,lol. mark reicht is extremily smart and consistant. les myers is a great coach. huston nutt is a great coach. rick petrino is too. now for a suprise....miss states coach is a VERY smart coach, just watch what he is doing there pal. he is gonna win ALOT of games he ain't supposed to. keep an eye on him. i'll let you know about ol miss's coach after saturday. i am not familer with them as of yet. so there ya go FRIEND. we both have the TOUGHEST conferences in the nation this year. so i can say...and live with, this...we are EQUAL. in both tough teems and tough, smart coaches. both conferences beat up on one another, and that is very good for the game and the fans. AGREE?
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-08, 11:14 PM   #13
WTL

Lancer said all that just to try and tee me off. I skimmed over it, rolled my eyes and went fishing instead.
Old 10-16-08, 09:49 AM   #14
Lancer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Lancer said all that just to try and tee me off. I skimmed over it, rolled my eyes and went fishing instead.
WTL,

I am loathe to state this, lest it diminish anyone's sense of self-importance, but it should be said; My observations were based on, well, observations and the opinions generated thereby. I'd have made the same assertions were I a fan of USNDH...University Of Southern North Dakota @ Hoople. Moreover, they were not couched so as to upset, aggravate, vex, or emotionally lacerate anyone. There're no members here that I feel the need to target. Nope, not one.
Were I to wake some dewy morn with a (mental) stiffie driven by a need to torment someone I'm certain that my poor fore-doomed victim wouldn't be a fellow aficionado/aficionada of the Grand and Glorious College Game.
As it is, on the balance, I much prefer the genuine stiffie, and so do Miss Plugg (a dear friend with certain, errrrr, proclivities re ports-of-entry) and the small-but-highly-select number of ladies with whom I share more in-depth interests.
So, laddie-buck, be comforted by the knowledge neither you nor anyone within reading range herein were being baited.
So far as the specifics of my treatise weigh out, well, thus far the results have spoken for themselves. For sheer power and offensive innovation, plus quality of coaching, I DO believe, quite unemotionally, that the Large Duz has an edge, however slight, over your beloved PAC 10...Wait!...ummmm...SEC...sorry
How was the phishing? Whatever the result you have my undying envy in that you were on the wawa and I was on the shore.

As ever, your phellow phootball phan,

Lancer6

PS: Roll dice, not your eyes. You never know when the cat might get playful.

Last edited by Lancer6; 10-16-08 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-16-08, 10:26 AM   #15
jcw1503

Do we have any Tarheel fans in here?
jcw1503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-08, 10:52 AM   #16
WTL

I read the first sentence and read the last and knew that whatever was in the middle was BS, lance.
Old 10-16-08, 03:17 PM   #17
Lancer6

Smile

wtl

I regret that you passed on the body of the note. You might have come away with a different impression. The good news is that A.D.D. is now a recognized condition so there may well be brighter days ahead for you.
You've garnered quite the reputation 'round these parts for being a bit thinskinned, dare I say "slightly paranoid", at least according to some of the PMs I received from other members in recent times.
BTW, you've yet to correct the spelling of Papa's name...one "m", remember. Surely HE deserves that much respect, even if I don't merit correct spellling of MY handle. (A Capital "L", an "r", and a numeral "6" would be ever so nice. I've marked an example for you below.)
Had you read further before you fled, you'd have noted my felicitations on having some fishing time. You might even responded civilly re the results.
I'd like to know how it went. No kidding.

Thanks in advance,

Lancer6

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.