Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-08, 09:17 PM   #1
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Early on in the debate....

I'm more conservative than most on here...but I am cringing at Sarah Palin. Dern. Joe Biden is throwing out a bunch of useless figures, the least she can do is respond likewise without talking about being the mayor of mayberry or talking about hockey moms. Its endearing and very scary at the same time.
Old 10-02-08, 09:38 PM   #2
bamabassman

just turned away from the football game in which usf was losing to pitt 17-7. now biden is talking about gays and such. he supports it. all of it. (shivering) she is "tolerant" of it,lmao. just a bunch of blah,blah, blah.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-08, 10:03 PM   #3
WTL

I'm still trying to watch it. My bro just called and he said he thinks shes getting killed. Joe Biden is a real pro. I disagree with him so many places, but the debates are more often on debating skills than positions; and Biden is far superior in debating skills.
Old 10-02-08, 10:21 PM   #4
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

She's definitely leaving a lot to be desired. She said "Uh" and "Umm" 3 times each one time before she started talking. Need to do better...
I agree with what she says (mostly), but she certainly needs more experience in the debate format.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 07:34 AM   #5
Bob Smith

Well, I watched the whole thing. She started out kind of slow but about a third of the way into it she really got comfortable and put on a real show. She drilled Biden, who by the way couldn't do nothing but tell America how the current administration screwed up and didn't really answer many of the questions with the Biden/Obama solution (because there isn't one). I think she won that debate going away!
Old 10-03-08, 08:15 AM   #6
robertmee
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Not sure what debate you were watching, WTL, but the consensus is even from the liberal media is that she won and connected more with the American public than Biden's washington-speak. Biden is certainly a polished debater and politician, and I for one am tired of the sort in Washington. And Obama is 10 fold the double-speak that Biden is. The media is on a hard push to elect Obama and it may come to pass. If so, God help us all.
robertmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 08:45 AM   #7
MississippiBoy

Yeah, once she got into the swing of things she did a lot better. I retract my previous statement.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 10:28 AM   #8
WTL

I said that after the first 5 minutes which were difficult. She did get better, but the consensus I saw last night had Biden winning with Palin at least proving she wasnt a fool like she looked like in the Couric interview. Her problem, as folks said it would be, was with specifics.
Old 10-03-08, 12:22 PM   #9
robertmee
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I said that after the first 5 minutes which were difficult. She did get better, but the consensus I saw last night had Biden winning with Palin at least proving she wasnt a fool like she looked like in the Couric interview. Her problem, as folks said it would be, was with specifics.
Her problem with specifics is that she can't look in the camera and lie with conviction like the rest of the Washington politico. Biden was specific but to a fault. Check out the various articles today picking apart his many half-truths and plain out lies. It's impressive at the time when he and Obama can rattle off various 'specifics', but it always ends up later that their specific's were totally bogus or half-true. The problem is with the average American attention span (not us fishers who can watch a line all day), the immediate sound bite is what they remember. They don't remember later when Biden or Obama are caught in their web of mistruths. And that's unfortunate.
robertmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 03:18 PM   #10
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I really wish she would just stand up there and explain to the American people that the reason why we should vote for her is because she is not a politician from Washington...she might not know everything about the economy, war or the politics..but that's what I like about her..if anyone is in touch with the everyday American she is! And why is it that an everyday working class American can't also be an advocate for us..doesn't make any sense

Last edited by jasonfish320; 10-03-08 at 03:24 PM.
jasonfish320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 03:21 PM   #11
Bender

I turned it on with the sound down since I was pouring baits until 7 this morning. The best thing I saw is that she kept winking directly at me (and only me, I'm 100% certain of it), I liked that that.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 08:39 PM   #12
WTL

Haha, Benders got it right.

This election its not a question of change versus experience. Republican versus democrat. Liberal versu conservative. Black versus white. Man versus woman. Rich versus poor.

No, gentlemen, there is only one question you should ask yourself in regards to Sarah Palin.

Would you hit it?
Old 10-03-08, 10:53 PM   #13
flfireman

Yes I would, WTL. After watching 90% or so of the debate I do believe Palin redeemed herself from past interviews. Biden does have the edge over her for debating. He definately proved he's been blowing smoke for 25 years. They both made some factual errors. I do believe (don't have proof) that Palins' were just that errors, where as Biden has been i n this game long enough to know just what he's throwing out there. By the end of the debate I feel Palin definately had a good showing, I believe she is sincere in everything she says. BENDER- BACK OFF!!!! She definately was winking at me. I even got all warm and fuzzy every time she did it.
Old 10-04-08, 09:36 AM   #14
Bo Dale James Jr.

Now if only McCain would grow a pair and shoot back at BHO (can't stand to even write his name)

I think Sarah did quite well..can I call her Sarah? You bet I can because she was winking at me!
Old 10-04-08, 04:42 PM   #15
Lancer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmee View Post
Not sure what debate you were watching, WTL, but the consensus is even from the liberal media is that she won and connected more with the American public than Biden's washington-speak. Biden is certainly a polished debater and politician, and I for one am tired of the sort in Washington. And Obama is 10 fold the double-speak that Biden is. The media is on a hard push to elect Obama and it may come to pass. If so, God help us all.
Robert! Danger! Danger!
How dare you question WTL's assessment???
Good Lord, man. Art thou suicidal?

Lancer6
So conservative I make Adolf Hitler and Attila T. Hun look like screaming liberals.
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-08, 05:38 PM   #16
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Would you hit it?
yup, yup, yup... but then I'd hit a rattle snake if I can hold it's head still long enough.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.