Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 04-30-09, 05:27 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default this is the place...

to talk about the whippin you have taken from the monkey...and what all he forced you to buy...

zooker
Old 04-30-09, 05:44 PM   #2
JB

worst case scenerio and at the height of my bait monkey addiction, one that made me weekly feed its hold on me, I was sneaking down to miamitown which is on the great miami river and dumps into near by ohio river. Each week I'd go and buy smithwick rogues when the craze came out about 15 years ago. This tackle shop was an old orange house behind a Phillips 66 gas station and sold all kinds of hand poured plastics and had all the Smithwick lures from way back when...
Took about a half hour to get there, shop and get back without the wife knowin what was going on LOL..heck i could have had a g/f friend, sneakin around to fed the baitmonkey
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 07:50 PM   #3
bamabassman

hahaha, this space is gonna fill up REAL quick ain't it? hahahahahahaha.
Old 04-30-09, 10:33 PM   #4
keithdog

The baitmonkey got ahold of me early and still hasn't let his grip slip. I was 10 years old and mowed yards for money in the neighborhood. Most of my friends were buying fireworks, baseball cards and whatnot. Ok, I bought a few baseball cards, but mostly I spent my money on fishing lures. It was 1969 and the world was a little bit different back then. We had an old tackle shop in town that in my eyes was too glorious to imagine. Lures hung from pegs all over the walls and I was like a kid in a candy shop. Only I knew this stuff was better than candy by a mile!!! Every week I would ride my bike to the tackle shop to buy the two or three lures I had set my eyes on the previous week. I can only imagine how much the old man enjoyed watching my enthusiasm as he too was a fisherman who took me every time he could. The old baitshop has long since dissapeared only to be replaced by the likes of WalMart, BPS, and others. Kind of a shame I think. I really miss the old place. I'd love to repay a visit to my old tackle shop. I bet the baitmonkey would be there waiting for me.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 11:27 PM   #5
bamabassman

keithdog ol buddy. i remember the ol baitshop as well. man it was a great time in life. and sadly yes those days are gone my friend, the new family owned shops aren't as laid back as the old days shops. oh well, times have changed i guess.
Old 05-03-09, 12:46 PM   #6
flfireman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I beat the bait monkey. After seeing all those smoking patches I taped a 1/2 oz. sinker to my upper arm. Have not bought anything in 2 weeks, been feeling weak and have only had minimal shaking and uncontrollable bowel movements. So far so good.
Old 05-03-09, 12:54 PM   #7
bamabassman

hahahahaha hose holder. that is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too funny. nope, not going cold turkey myself. i like the pain, lmao.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.