Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 12-16-08, 05:23 PM   #51
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Due to the poor state of our economy, I have had to learn to live on less.
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-08, 05:57 PM   #52
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
Due to the poor state of our economy, I have had to learn to live on less.
Same here.

Relating to fishing - I now save all of my plastic baits that have been torn so I can repair them later. That is, of course, when I have the money to buy soft bait glue or a soldering iron from Walmart. A strict budget puts a huge damper on those impulse buys. The money is best spent elsewhere for now.

However, I was able to dig a small hole in our backyard and placed a small handmade plaque in honor of my bait monkey who has recently passed away due to starvation.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-08, 09:18 PM   #53
wareagledc
BassFishin.Com Active Member

poor monkey
may he rest in peace.
wareagledc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-08, 11:26 PM   #54
tpttooter946
BassFishin.Com Member

1. I learned that I need to get out on the water to get to the real fish. At least on the water I fish.

2. White crappie jigs will pull in both white and regular bass.

3. Fishing is the greatest skill given by God.
Old 12-18-08, 10:19 AM   #55
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall View Post
I learned that night fishing was more enjoyable then I thought and big bass can be caught at night especially on a hard to fish lake for me. Well I think Doc, Lowrider, and Mont Lunker get them during the day. Maybe this next year I might get me one of those Ten pounders from their back yard hole.
Allot of people use the drop shot diffrent then me. I cast mine the same as you were fishing a crankbait. Check out Kevins how to video on rigging it. Seasonly this bait set up has not limits.
Old 12-18-08, 10:59 AM   #56
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
Allot of people use the drop shot diffrent then me. I cast mine the same as you were fishing a crankbait. Check out Kevins how to video on rigging it. Seasonly this bait set up has not limits.
For the past several years, the Drop Shot has been my #1 go to presentation. It's just that versatile. I usually pitch it out rather then dropping it directly below the boat. I work it along a weed lines or to isolated cover, but I rather work a C-rig to cover water.
Old 12-18-08, 11:48 AM   #57
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
For the past several years, the Drop Shot has been my #1 go to presentation. It's just that versatile. I usually pitch it out rather then dropping it directly below the boat. I work it along a weed lines or to isolated cover, but I rather work a C-rig to cover water.
I usually rig both at the same time. If you cast a dropshot. The rig itself is alittle more compact. It gives you almost the same presentation. Being alttle more compact. You now can cast into tight cover. That you would'nt with a C-rig. As you search water try both this way.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.