Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 05-03-09, 01:08 AM   #1
B-I-G
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default 05/02/2009 Fishing Report

Was supposed to start fishing around 06:00AM alone, but woke up late and ended up going around 02:00PM with my dad... It was his first time fishing this whole year so that was good. Well, lately I have fished much better than him, but as we started out, it did not look that way... He had bite after bite, fish after fish and me... none. He caught a bass and 2 big bluegill, and had two bass come off before he got them out of the water... and this was before I even had a bite! All that I managed to do was get my new Bandit crank stuck, but I eventually got it back .. Anyways, I thought I would switch to a worm.... but that didn't help so I made the switch to a YUM lizard, since the bass were just about to start spawning I know they would be on the lookout for those critters in the shallows. I saw many big bass in their nests but they would just nudge it or suck in the tail and sort of play with the lure... I threw my lizard into a patch of lily pads and I thought it was stuck in between the opening of one of the lily pads but I decided to give it a nice pull, I noticed that I had something pulling it back... Boom... Bass #1.. about 14 inches. As I moved on I would get a couple more bites but no fish to show for it... Until I moved to a very quiet, dark place that was behind a point in a cove. There were lily pads and I threw my lizard over there once again... It sunk to the bottom and I saw a lily pad by my line move a bit... I decided I should reel in slack... I felt a little tug and I set the hook hard! The water boiled and my reel squeaked... I reeled in hard so the fish wouldn't get tangled in the lily pads... I got the first glimpse of my fish and I knew it would be a big one... I pulled it closer and closer and man, it was a BEAUTIFUL fish. The biggest bass I have ever caught. It swallowed my hook, and I was able to put my whole hand in its mouth and I got it out easily without harming the fish... I didn't have a scale, but I measured it and it was about 21". I had to look at it for a few extra seconds to just soak it in before letting it go... I will forever remember that battle with the fish and how excited I was when I pulled it out of the water, with it splashing water all over my jeans and shirt. I moved on after that to where my dad was and I was watching a bass sit in one area for a long time... I figured it was its nest. I was just throwing my lizard near it and twitching it in and watching the bass play with it and examine it... but no bites. I went to a spot right next to it and had something bite half of the tail off of my lure... probably a snapper... it happened earlier in the day as well. I came back to the original spot before leaving and took a cast and left my rod to get my stuff ready to go.. I come back and pick up my rod, and the bass runs away with my half-tail lizard. I set the hook and came up with a 12" bass. I quickly released it and started heading back to the parking lot. On my way I saw a woman fishing with a line, hook, nightcrawlers, and a water bottle. She was using her hand and water bottle as a reel and she cast the line like she was throwing a lasso... She caught a fish on just about every cast. Anyways, at the end of the day me and my dad tied 3-3.

Click image for larger version

Name:	big bass.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	3509

Last edited by B-I-G; 05-03-09 at 03:23 AM.
B-I-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 06:48 AM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

6AM --- 2PM Man you really overslept, but sounds like it was worth it.
Old 05-03-09, 08:50 AM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Nice! Sounds like a great day!

congrats on the PB!
Old 05-03-09, 10:22 AM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

great day man. yea,hahahaha, the lady was fishing "old style". good job.
Old 05-03-09, 11:14 AM   #5
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thats the kinda of oversleeping I am mostly guilty of and now ya know go old school next time your out

Jim

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.