Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-12, 01:30 AM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default found to be kind of interesting

http://www.biolinefishing.com/home.html?page=faq

Litter always bothers me but discarded fishing line has always infuriated me. When you shorefish line from snags and breakoffs cause alot of challenges but intentional discarding is flat out wrong.
The most interesting fact I learned was the life span of mono and fluro.
I can only guess the lifespan of braid.
Ya I'm one of those crazies that bring along a trash bag and will usually walk the bank and pick up the crap when done fishing, not mine, others. Sometimes get a half kitchen size bag within 20 yards of a trash barrel. People flat out amaze me at times. Trust me I'm no nature fanatic but respecting what and where we use our rights deserves to be treated at the bare minimum with a little respect. You all have seen birds caught in trees due to line on one foot snagging a branch, truely a hard site. And they are visious when you try to cut them out. (found 2 in one day this spring) Most folks don't realize how many birds try and use line during nest construction. (thats why more are intangled in the spring). Saw a Robin work a discarded line for almost 40 mins one day. It was snagged and couldn't get it loose but would fly like ten feet before snag would catch snapping the bird back. This bird was picking up the line to nest with so it was not entangled but how many are during this process?
Anyway, anyone try this?
Made by Eagle Claw.
Man I really like the line I use now but I may have to give it a try.
Think I read it was designed for crappie fishing which I have done and still do like...when bassing is slow. I got 5 full time crappie setups still...had many more. True crappie fishing is as addicting as bassin...I don't live bait nothing and crappie love trees and branches and they get full of line at crappie hot spots parshly due to lite line usage.
Old 06-11-12, 07:58 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i too hate the wy some folks discard their line. often i am taking line outta some timber or limb when retrieving MY bait from said structure. freed a smal turtle a few weeks back. bream fishermen i could tell. if only folks would take care of the waters they say the "love" to use........
Old 06-12-12, 05:04 PM   #3
Dave63
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have "caught" more discarded line and junk baits and hooks this year than I have in my entire life. Dug it out of both motors as well. Braid and mono both.
Dave63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 08:08 AM   #4
MrMakk
BassFishin.Com Active Member

It's ripe here in the UK with litter and junk on bankside, utter disgrace, & I ain't talkin' about just line and tackle, crisps/chip packets, beer cans, burnt debris, even human & dog waste. not just anglers but dog walkers and the general public are to blame too.could accomplish, but there are the good folk too, I don't take litter home(usually leave it in a pile and notify local council/garbage men) I can Imagen a young faimly walking along the river to only fing a child impaled with fishing hooks wonder what their views on anglers will be?

Also be careful just think the Anti's and we're doomed.
Old 06-13-12, 02:50 PM   #5
aikenyounggun

I'm just glad someone else picks up trash. Hell, I has been kicked off ponds even though I was picking up trash that all their "members" had left. (golf course pond and I had permission to be there but they didn't see it that way)

I also read recently (in bassmaster I think) about how used soft plastics, thrown overboard, eventually get eaten by fish and can't be digested. The researchers said they cut open dead fish and their stomach was basically solid with soft plastics. So I have been keeping those in the boat when I'm done with em and throwing them away at the end of the day.
Old 06-13-12, 05:25 PM   #6
joedog

aikenyounggun, Thanks.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.