Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-07, 08:32 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default FLW on the Potomac

The FLW pros are on the river in force today. Saw a bunch of wrapped boats running the river. The FLW event starts on Thursday for those of you who want to get out on the river and watch them do what they do.

Fished another LAPR tournament today and placed 7th again. Tough day again with NW winds in the 10-20 MPH range. Fished a main river grass bed today and caught some keepers but lost more than we caught. Fish were picking up the baits but not holding them for long. Missed way too many fish on hooksets.
Finished the day fishing a creek and culling a couple fish. Can't wait for the grass to get up and put the fish on the drop offs. Makes them much easier to find. Bait of the day??? None, we were junk fishing. Caught them on just about everything: plastics, floatings worms, senkos, speed worm, frogs, cranks, and spinnerbaits.
Old 06-11-07, 07:53 AM   #2
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

I Was On The Potomac With The Flw Pro That I Know On Sunday. He Should Have A Great Chance Of Winning Or Doing Very Well. He Probably Has The Most Experience On The Potomac But That Doesnt Always Help. I Hope He Does Well.
Old 06-15-07, 07:54 AM   #3
3dkicker

Who is it? What does he like to fish or what did he fish on Sunday?

Some big sacks being weighed in on the Potomac. Overcast skies and topwater helped catch some big sacks. Looks like the ol' horny toad was whacken 'em (whacking them - sorry FR).

Last edited by 3dkicker; 06-15-07 at 09:52 AM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-07, 05:22 PM   #4
bassthumb32

he didnt weigh in a fish the first day i tried to call him. i almost have to beleive that his boat died this is his home water he was really wacking them prefishing he said he had around 18 lbs each day in different spots. he knows the potomac really good ill ask him what went wrong.
Old 06-16-07, 11:10 AM   #5
3dkicker

One of the guys I fish against on the river and Anna didn't do well on the first day too. He weighed two for 4+ lbs. Not a great showing for someone who lives on the river and had 20lbs (team tournament) two weeks ago.
Old 06-18-07, 07:59 AM   #6
bassthumb32

his weeds that he had planned on fishing got messed up due to the terrible storm that was there on wed. night. he ended up catching 11 lbs. but didnt weigh in because unless he was going to be in the top ten he wasnt gonna try. he said that he caught 12 or so lbs on friday. he wasnt disappointed at all though. hes getting ready to have a baby so fishing isnt his top proirity now.
Old 06-18-07, 12:09 PM   #7
Captmikestarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassthumb32 View Post
I Was On The Potomac With The Flw Pro That I Know On Sunday. He Should Have A Great Chance Of Winning Or Doing Very Well. He Probably Has The Most Experience On The Potomac But That Doesnt Always Help. I Hope He Does Well.
I understood that using locals to help you was an immediate disqualify..
I started talking a pro last year on the water in practice and he said stop talking as I could disqualify him.

Capt Mike
Old 06-18-07, 01:13 PM   #8
bassthumb32

im not a local lol. all three times ive fished there was with him that was the first time this year. its three hours to put in almost from where i live.
Old 06-18-07, 01:22 PM   #9
dave
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I didn't think FLW had any regs against using local advice.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-07, 11:48 AM   #10
3dkicker

FLW Tour Rule
"There will be no official practice period or off-limits period (except for the 2007 Forrest Wood Cup, Lake Ouachita will be off limits starting July 2, 2007 - July 20, 2007) prior to the Wednesday of registration and pretournament meeting. However, no contestant may be on tournament waters for the purpose of locating fish or potential fishing waters after 12:00 p.m. (noon) on the Wednesday of registration and pretournament meeting except during tournament hours. After the balance deadline date for each tournament (after July 2, 2007 for the Forrest Wood Cup) and during competition days, contestants, including those on the waiting lists and late entries, may not solicit and/or receive fishing information from any non-competitor other than publicly available information. The purchasing of information or the hiring of services will not be permitted after the balance deadline for each tournament."

Stren Rule
"There will be no official practice period or off-limits period prior to the pretournament meeting. No contestant may be on tournament waters for the purpose of locating bass or potential fishing waters after the start of the pretournament meeting except during tournament hours. The purchasing of information or the hiring of services will not be permitted after the balance deadline for each tournament."
Old 06-20-07, 03:27 PM   #11
Captmikestarrett

Now that esplains it Lucy..it must have been after Wed noon.. But why was he in a boat fishing then?

Hmm..

Capt Mike
Old 06-20-07, 07:21 PM   #12
3dkicker

Quote:
I Was On The Potomac With The Flw Pro That I Know On Sunday.
Posted on 6/11/07. Oooops!
Seems a little...fishy to me....The balance deadline date is what? Two weeks before the tournament??? Looks like someone might have busted a rule!

Also not weighing in 11lbs on the first day when 24lbs for two days will get you your entry fee back doesn't sound right. Especially if you are on good fish and have an opportunity to weigh 30 for two days. 30lbs paid good money if I remember correctly.

Last edited by 3dkicker; 06-20-07 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-21-07, 07:58 AM   #13
bassthumb32

06-09-07, 08:32 PM
The FLW pros are on the river in force today. Saw a bunch of wrapped boats running the river

direct quote by you 3d

all the pros were fishing that day. and unless he was going to win serious money he had to be there for his wife. he wouldnt have even fished it if it werent on his home water. he is done for the rest of the year. if you dont believe me then thats fine but im telling you the truth. if we broke a rule we broke a rule that the rest of the pros also broke.
Old 06-21-07, 08:04 AM   #14
bassthumb32

There will be no official practice period or off-limits period prior to the Wednesday of registration and pretournament meeting. However, no contestant may be on tournament waters for the purpose of locating fish or potential fishing waters after 12:00 p.m.(noon) on the Wednesday of registration

read it closely guys. listen to what it says not what you want it to say.

it says no off limits period prior to wednesday of registration

Last edited by bassthumb32; 06-21-07 at 02:09 PM.
bassthumb32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-07, 04:30 PM   #15
3dkicker

Quote:
I Was On The Potomac With The Flw Pro That I Know On Sunday.
This is what I was questioning. Did you fish with your friend on that Sunday??? I quote "that was the first time this year.". If you were then your friend broke the rule I posted. He can only fish with other pro's or co's that are in the tournament after the balance deadline.
This has nothing to do with an off limit period. It has to do with your friend getting information that was not made public. You fishing along side of him gives him additional information that others may not get.

I did not share information with the pro's that I saw on the river. I just saw them on the river. No rules violation there.

Last edited by 3dkicker; 06-21-07 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-22-07, 07:58 AM   #16
bassthumb32

I Appoligize 3d I Just Misunderstood You. If That Is The Case Yeah He Must Have Broken A Rule. I Wonder If He Knew That Rule. I Read Sometime Last Year When Kvd Got Disqualified That There Are Rules That Anglers Dont Know About. Once Again Though 3d I Appologize For My Mistake.
Old 06-24-07, 10:00 PM   #17
3dkicker

I believe Capt Mike caught it first. KVD got busted for having his son with him while he was prefishing spotting bedding fish while he ran the big motor. Gave him an unfair advantage. Contact your friend and talk to him so it doesn't happen again. Especially if he does finish in the top 10.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.