Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-08, 08:55 AM   #1
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Big worm big fish ????

I had a chance to make a few casts in a pond yesterday before dark and decided to try a 12" Red Shad Culprit worm. I caught this fish on it that weighed probably just under 2 lbs. Just goes to show... you don't always catch BIG fish with BIG worms!

Old 05-13-08, 09:08 AM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

not always but it helps..

zooker
Old 05-13-08, 11:55 AM   #3
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

At night in the summer we often get a bit going on a O Monster or a 10 inch Power worm. You would be surprised how small a fish will hit that big worm. I have seen 12 inchers caught on 10 inch worms. Fish2win
Old 05-13-08, 03:32 PM   #4
Buzz Wing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Nice bass, Addict!

I can't wait to give my stash a try this Summer. I've been gettin' some good tips and can't wait to fling 'em!

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-08, 07:33 PM   #5
keithdog

It's amazing what a bass will try to swallow. I picked up a few large plastics this year to play with. Can't wait to see what happens.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-08, 10:21 PM   #6
bamabassman

wonderful basadict. i got 1 12 inch worm i have just for conversation, might hook it up this year.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-08, 05:23 AM   #7
lowrider

Nice. the bass in my home lake will not take anything less than a 10" worm. i have to get better at fishing them
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-08, 10:49 AM   #8
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
wonderful basadict. i got 1 12 inch worm i have just for conversation, might hook it up this year.
Yeah, I believe ya, bama...we ALL have a 12" worm, don't we guys?
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-08, 11:27 AM   #9
BassAddict

I have a place I call "Paradise" that's 540 acres and has 8 nice sized ponds on it. It's an old rock quarry and is loaded with nice bass. I've caught a pile of bass on 10" worms and lizards there before anywhere from 12"-7 lbs. This is the first time I've thrown a 12" worm but wasn't surprised to catch a fish on it and wasn't surprised it was a small one either. I'm hoping to get my boat down there soon and work a few of the ponds over good. I haven't had time to get down there much this year and have missed the best part of the season to catch a hawg there. Buddy of mine caught a 9.7 down there a month ago.
The owner built a new pond and we're putting fish in it now. I'm lucky because he gave me the keys to the property and said treat it like it's yours. I deer hunt there too and shot a really nice buck there in 04. Here's a pic of the deer and a couple bass I've caught there. Some of the pictures are old. I don't wear prescription glasses anymore!

Old 05-14-08, 03:33 PM   #10
Bob Smith

If I had a place like that to go to, I would never fish another tournament (well not as many! lol). That looks like heaven to me. Nobody else and all that fine fishing available to a select few, no Jet Fleas or Wake boarders, no Scarabs and houseboats, and plenty of big ol bucketmouths!
Old 05-14-08, 04:06 PM   #11
MississippiBoy

No kidding, Bob...

Hey BassAddict, you got a spare bedroom you wanna rent out to a clean, non-smoking, upstanding young man?
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-08, 04:28 PM   #12
BassAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Smith View Post
If I had a place like that to go to, I would never fish another tournament (well not as many! lol). That looks like heaven to me. Nobody else and all that fine fishing available to a select few, no Jet Fleas or Wake boarders, no Scarabs and houseboats, and plenty of big ol bucketmouths!
Yea Bob it's awesome to not have to deal with the ski boats and Sea Doos and stuff there. Most of the property has just been sold. My buddy still owns 1 of the ponds and half of another plus the one he just made. I still have permission to fish there for now and maybe nothing will change. Nevertheless I should still have some good fishing there.

MS boy... come on up this way if you want to fish Paradise. I'll guide for you. I can only guarantee you a couple 6 lbers though!
Old 05-14-08, 06:26 PM   #13
bamabassman

hey!!!!!!! mississsippiboy can't come there. he don't get permission from is wife,uh his sister, uh, his parol officer (me!haha). i have to go with him. hehehe. and yea msboy, i do have a 12", lol. how's your wife and MY KIDS?!? hahaha, that was a good one pal. seriously, if he gets to go, he can stop by here and WE wil go, that ok? as for a couple of 6 pounders, well......THAT WORKS FOR ME!!! man that is a great place there.
Old 05-15-08, 07:30 AM   #14
BassAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
hey!!!!!!! mississsippiboy can't come there. he don't get permission from is wife,uh his sister, uh, his parol officer (me!haha). i have to go with him. hehehe. and yea msboy, i do have a 12", lol. how's your wife and MY KIDS?!? hahaha, that was a good one pal. seriously, if he gets to go, he can stop by here and WE wil go, that ok? as for a couple of 6 pounders, well......THAT WORKS FOR ME!!! man that is a great place there.

Come on up Bama!!! The fish are in a post spawn funk right now but it will pick up soon and those big girls will put the feed bag on!!! 2 more weeks and it should get good! BTW... keep that 12" worm to yourself!!!

Here are a couple more... sorry for the shirtless one but that fish is 6+ too.

Last edited by BassAddict; 05-15-08 at 07:36 AM.
BassAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 10:56 AM   #15
bassnman30

Fish a pond very similar to the one that your fishing. This place has good fish and yes the jet skies etc.. are not a problem. I've caught fish in this place in excess of 7 lbs. and alot of 4's and 5's. Very little pressure on the bass, alot of times I'm the only one on this "big" pond.
No outboard motors allowed, no trailers allowed.
Old 05-15-08, 05:03 PM   #16
bamabassman

lol, bassaddict. and the 12" worm is a black manns with a red tail. lol. i have had it for over 20 years. i seriously doubt that it is really any good now. bout like my 4"er, lmao. but one of these for real.....i would love to come up there and fish. gonna be busy this summer. got the get together, then we are moving, then the transplant for the wife........... summer is gonna fly by for me. maybe next summer. on our way to moose country, get it...moose as in lilmoose? he said that he was gonna host a get together next year. anyway, i thought it was funny. lmao.
Old 05-15-08, 05:04 PM   #17
bamabassman

oh yea, about the shirtless pic. next time put the shirt back on...hahaha.....the bass is hidden from the white glow of you, hahaha. another reason i don't take off mine. hahahahahaha, i am soooo white i blind the fish, hahahahahaha.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.