Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-12, 06:14 AM   #201
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatic View Post
Oh, you're a right! It was that incredible first responder, Walmart, that I saw the day after Katrina, and BP was right there willing and able to lend a hand after Deep Water Horizon...jeez, I thought it was, the Fire Department, Police Department, National Guard, the Red Cross, and FEMA...my bad.
Jeez
I have the utmost respect for the public services you mentioned. When the Fire Dept, Police and Guard are called into duty it is exactly that, a paid duty. The Red Cross is PRIVATE.....but FEMA fema ...really? BTW Wal Mart is and has been the largest corporate charitable donor for years.
2010 Giving: $319,454,996
Old 07-20-12, 08:23 AM   #202
bassboogieman

Dog, for cryin' out loud - charitable donations? WTF do think provides money for chairity? Please engage your brain before your fingers hit the keys. Do you think everyone receiving a government subsidy donates a portion to charity? Really? And I don't fault them for not doing so, they have other priorites. Virtually all charitalbe donations come from Corporate involvement, the "wealthy" and yes those strapped individuals fighting to remain in the middle. And I have to agree with Ken many first responders are paid employees of the municipality they serve - THAT IS NO WAY INTENDED TO DEMEAN THEM - and that's what they do, respond in emergencies. There are also a LOT of volunteers that work with them also and those people are dedicated (because they do it for FREE) to helping others. Really man, your knee jerk, off the wall responses do not seem to indicate much thought, only venom.

Did you send me my $5.00 yet?
Old 07-20-12, 09:21 AM   #203
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Doc,

You seem to be saying that I am a troll, and therefore your response to me can only lead to two possible conclusions:

1. You're wrong.
2. You can't read and follow your own instructions.

By definition you are trolling. I'm not going to get into an argument with you again, but I will post this picture to you every time I see you "trolling" this thread.
Old 07-20-12, 09:49 AM   #204
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
By definition you are trolling. I'm not going to get into an argument with you again, but I will post this picture to you every time I see you "trolling" this thread.
LOL, you make it too easy.

Remember the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different outcome.

Liberalism really is a mental disorder.
Old 07-20-12, 10:27 AM   #205
bassboogieman

Quote:
Remember the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different outcome.
Y'know, looking over this thread and upon reflection I think there may be a few insane indivduals contributing...............................
Old 07-20-12, 10:49 AM   #206
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Y'know, looking over this thread and upon reflection I think there may be a few insane indivduals contributing...............................
HAHA, you are probably right. Arguing with these guys is utterly pointless...I'll just sit back and wait for November.
Old 07-20-12, 11:09 AM   #207
doc

Quote:
LOL, you make it too easy.

Liberalism really is a mental disorder.

Bryce, I know I should not be "feeding the troll", but sometimes it's worth it. I just wonder if you have any idea of how many PM's I have received stating basically that "your just a know it all prick, and I should let it go". Just wondering, because by your responses I think you still believe you have an audience that supports you. LOL, all i can do is laugh at you.
Old 07-20-12, 11:27 AM   #208
nofearengineer

Logical Fallacy -Appealing to Popularity:

When someone tries to validate a position based on the number of people that support or do not support the position.
Old 07-20-12, 11:48 AM   #209
MississippiBoy

Quote:
I just wonder if you have any idea of how many PM's I have received stating basically that "your just a know it all prick, and I should let it go".
How many?
Old 07-20-12, 11:50 AM   #210
doc

Quote:
Logical Fallacy -Appealing to Popularity:

When someone tries to validate a position based on the number of people that support or do not support the position.
If you want I can show the site where I found the pic, (tho I'm sure you already know) I figure you want one. Or do you already have one? LOL at your expense.
Old 07-20-12, 12:11 PM   #211
joedog

Quote:
Bryce, I know I should not be "feeding the troll", but sometimes it's worth it. I just wonder if you have any idea of how many PM's I have received stating basically that "your just a know it all prick, and I should let it go". Just wondering, because by your responses I think you still believe you have an audience that supports you. LOL, all i can do is laugh at you.
He's got you though Doc and that just maybe is intended audience.

This is not intended to support either side's beliefs and certainly isn't intended to hurt anyone, but again with the name calling? Come on guys....if my grandkids disagree and I heard name calling going on to support or take away from anothers beliefs there definitly would be consequences. They are 7 yrs old and 10 years old.
And I will state very clearly.......if I ever PM someone and then that person shares my PM with the site.....never expect to get 'PERSONAL message' from me again.

Debate on anglers!
Old 07-20-12, 12:21 PM   #212
doc

Ya I know Joe, and I would never share anything or call out anyone by name. I also know I should stop feeding him, and I will. I'm sorry I've contributed to the ignorance in this thread, but you know some people just need to be called out every once in a while. So post your next Narcissistic comment that tries to show how smart you are Bryce and the floor will be all yours.
To the rest of the viewers I apologize for participating in the ignorance as long as I have.
Old 07-20-12, 12:47 PM   #213
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I had a whole paragraph written then I erased it...the only thing I could come up with is: *sigh*
Old 07-20-12, 01:32 PM   #214
WTL

Now that the warmups are over, can we have a REAL debate on politics? jk

It seems like people talk past each other most of the time. I've tried before to convince people that hear with their ears but don't listen and think about what is being said, and all it is good is for convincing yourself of the justness of your own arguments (which is not a bad reason to do it).
Old 07-20-12, 03:55 PM   #215
bassboogieman

Quote:
I just wonder if you have any idea of how many PM's I have received stating basically that, etc
How many?
Old 07-20-12, 04:16 PM   #216
nofearengineer

Quote:
How many?
What...are you sorry you didn't get a chance to PM him too?
Old 07-20-12, 05:25 PM   #217
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Dog, for cryin' out loud - charitable donations? WTF do think provides money for chairity? Please engage your brain before your fingers hit the keys. Do you think everyone receiving a government subsidy donates a portion to charity? Really? And I don't fault them for not doing so, they have other priorites. Virtually all charitalbe donations come from Corporate involvement, the "wealthy" and yes those strapped individuals fighting to remain in the middle. And I have to agree with Ken many first responders are paid employees of the municipality they serve - THAT IS NO WAY INTENDED TO DEMEAN THEM - and that's what they do, respond in emergencies. There are also a LOT of volunteers that work with them also and those people are dedicated (because they do it for FREE) to helping others. Really man, your knee jerk, off the wall responses do not seem to indicate much thought, only venom.

Did you send me my $5.00 yet?

????? What does this have to do with my statement on the previous page?????

...talk about typing before you read, think, or comprehend!

...and I feel left out, Doc is the only one to get nasty PM's?!
Old 07-20-12, 09:38 PM   #218
bassboogieman

Maybe, my bad, but it was in response to:

Quote:
"Social Contract" that we all abide by, for the common good, but for some reason corporate America feels they don't have to abide by it, that they owe nothing to the community, or society within which they exist.
I took the Corporate America owing nothing to the "community" or society" as meaning they give nothing back, which to me includes charitable contributions - the best way to give back - which supports the society and community in which they exist. If that was not what you meant, my bad. But I read it that way, hence the response as it was written.

Oh, I haven't gotten any PM's either. Has anyone gotten any about me? I don't think it's fair NFE is getting all the attention......................
Old 07-20-12, 11:21 PM   #219
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

My bad, you were referring two post back, I thought you were referring to my post in response to Kenneth's "corporate first responder" post. But, tell me how much do you think it cost our community when Walmart "encouraged" Huffy to move their manufacturing to China?
Closed Thread

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.