Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-09, 06:28 PM   #76
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Pintail? yeah, you probably got beat up a lot for that one...

pintail sounds kinda tough!....like a gangster from dick tracey.
Old 09-14-09, 06:55 PM   #77
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
its not Daffy,is it?
Naw man, I got called Donald duck so much they knew I was used to it and stepped it up a notch. They'd throw something from their lunch tray and yell "Donald!!! Duck!!!" knowing I'd ignore em. And say "Well we told ya to duck". Didn't get my butt whipped too much, I was a big kid and they kept a distance when taunting me. I soon learned talking about their mama would bring em in close enough for me to get my hands on them.
Old 09-14-09, 08:51 PM   #78
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4 stick View Post
Naw man, I got called Donald duck so much they knew I was used to it and stepped it up a notch. They'd throw something from their lunch tray and yell "Donald!!! Duck!!!" knowing I'd ignore em. And say "Well we told ya to duck". Didn't get my butt whipped too much, I was a big kid and they kept a distance when taunting me. I soon learned talking about their mama would bring em in close enough for me to get my hands on them.
I had something really funny here but supressed it..............
Old 09-14-09, 08:56 PM   #79
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
so let me get this striaght!!
WTL's last name is ''Love''....so people get to call him Mr.Love?
man,thats the coolest thing Ive heard all week.
McLovin........
Old 09-14-09, 08:57 PM   #80
WTL

I dont think there is anything anyone could say tonight that would be funny. I totally, completly hate this thread.
Old 09-14-09, 09:12 PM   #81
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I dont think there is anything anyone could say tonight that would be funny. I totally, completly hate this thread.
Oh well.....
Old 09-14-09, 09:44 PM   #82
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Billy, I was gonna PM you, but I decided I should probably post it here instead.

First off, Billy, I think you had good intentions in doing what you did, but I do think you went about it the wrong way. I know how you feel about the website and how you want it to stay, but you need to just chill sometimes. It's fine that you're standing up for what you believe in, but I don't think it need to be taken to this level and I think there are betters ways to try and handle it.

Arguing like this is very unprofessional, and that goes for everyone. Also, you can't force your opinions on other people. If they don't get what you're trying to tell them, forget it, because they probably will never see it your way. We can all be stubborn at times, but when everyone on both sides of an argument aren't willing to take a look from the other side, the argument is useless.

Like I said before, I believe there is a very fine line between talking about fishing products, and self promoting/advertising for your sponsor. What I'd like to know (mostly from Kevin) is how do we as forum members, and you as forum moderator know the difference? How do you determine what is product advertising and what is just fishermen sharing their opinions on fishing gear?

I some cases, it's obvious, but in others it isn't. Why is it wrong for Kory to say that he thinks TGRods are good, quality rod, but not me? (I'm not saying they are or they aren't, I've personally never used one. It's just an example).

Or say Member A just got sponsored by ABCDEFG Lure Co. and realizes the lures aren't a great quality, and aren't as they are advertised. I assume it would be fine for him to say these things to let us all know that ABCDEFG Lure Co. doesn't sell good lures and not to waste our money. But, yhy would it be ok for Member A to say this and not say that the lures are great if that was the case and truly what he believed?

BB
Old 09-14-09, 09:46 PM   #83
nofearengineer

Well, like they say, if'n you want to make an omelet...you're gonna have to break some eggs. The path of the righteous is hard to tread...it is not very well worn.
Old 09-14-09, 09:55 PM   #84
WTL

BB, I think that is a good post.

A while back, I was in an argument with Lancer. He recomended the book "How to win friends..." by Dale Carnegie. Its a good book. I/m 3/4ths through it. It basically tells how it is impossible to win an argument cause either you are right and piss people off or you are wrong and make a fool of yourself, among other things...

Its just that when someone is saying something that is not so, I guess I make it too easy to call me out. I get involved and try to destroy arguments point by point, and maybe I make people feel stupid or like they have no other resort than to swear me, the board and the whole thing. Its something that I am working on.

But in regards to the last post that set Kory off (and I really really wish he wouldnt leave) - that was to be my last post in regards to Mr Breland. I was saying that there was no way I could argue with a person who was lying, and that was that. Its the unfortunate truth that what was to be a parting shot, ended up in causing someone I really respect and even admire to leave. That is my fault, either directly or indirectly and I am so sorry for it.
Old 09-14-09, 10:27 PM   #85
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
BB, I think that is a good post.

A while back, I was in an argument with Lancer. He recomended the book "How to win friends..." by Dale Carnegie. Its a good book. I/m 3/4ths through it. It basically tells how it is impossible to win an argument cause either you are right and piss people off or you are wrong and make a fool of yourself, among other things...

Its just that when someone is saying something that is not so, I guess I make it too easy to call me out. I get involved and try to destroy arguments point by point, and maybe I make people feel stupid or like they have no other resort than to swear me, the board and the whole thing. Its something that I am working on.

But in regards to the last post that set Kory off (and I really really wish he wouldnt leave) - that was to be my last post in regards to Mr Breland. I was saying that there was no way I could argue with a person who was lying, and that was that. Its the unfortunate truth that what was to be a parting shot, ended up in causing someone I really respect and even admire to leave. That is my fault, either directly or indirectly and I am so sorry for it.
first off it looks like maybe you need to start that book over again and try to focus as you read it this time (lol that was actually a joke so let's not get another war started here).

you never said anything that made me feel stupid, i don't think you should give yourself that much credit. it wasn't just what you said to donald that was the final straw, it was your way of treating tim who is a friend of mine who didn't deserve to be slandered the way he was by you. if you and kevin have something going on i don't know about where you have authority as a moderator on this site then that is between you and kevin, but i would think that as smart as kevin is he would demand you act in a professional manner and to this day i haven't seen that, especially not in the thread in question.

bb's post hit the nail on the head. it's what i asked in an earlier post that i never got an answer for either. if i have no sponsorship ties to a company i can talk all i want about them but once i gain a sponsorship i have worked my *** off for then anything i said is against all rules, out of bounds, and holds no credit. i would like an explaination on this matter.
Old 09-14-09, 10:30 PM   #86
WTL

I sent you a PM. You have the personal side of this, and then the question of who was right on the promotions business.

I wish we could keep the personal separated from the rest.
Old 09-14-09, 10:46 PM   #87
DonaldBreland

First of all. I never lied to you. Get it through your thick little skull. What I said was that I DONALD DWAYNE BRELAND was plugging at first. Kevin sent me an email and I listened to what he said. So get your facts straight before you call someone a liar. I believe I am a man of God and I trust him with all my heart. He knows the truth. He knows what was said. You have this way of putting words into peoples mouth. I have done read a couple different things about yourself where you think you are smarter then other people. Let me tell you this. YOU or nobody else on this board is any better than I am. And I am no better than any of y'all. You talk about lieing my brother. I do my best to give people the truth. I pray every night. I read the BIBLE every night and every night before I go to bed I watch an hour or so of the church channel. Do you know why? So I can be the best person i can be and serve my God. Do not come on this board and say one thing about my name again. You are the liar that's trying to get people to see things your way. That is what pms are for. For people to have discussions with other people about problems they have. I did it with MallenManson and I will do it with anyone I have a problem with.
I get a bunch of email from people saying that I need to take God off my website. I will not do so because of the pure devotion i have to him. So I don't know what you got out of our conversation but I told you that I would stop plugging my sponsors because of you. I have had 10 other people pm me and say that at first I came off strong but as they got to know me they started to like me. That's how people evolve. Real men admit their mistakes and I am a man. If I'm wrong I admit to it but in this case your starting to sound like a little teachers pet cry baby always starting some sort of controversy. You really need to stop. Like I said before. Get to know me then judge me. I am here to help people become better fishermen. I have a lot of knowledge and I have the time to help people out. I did admit to you and to kevin that I plugged when I first came on here but that was out of pure excitement and joy because my 14 years in this sport was paying off. So you can say what you want to I am not arguing with you any more. You just keep my name out of your mouth and off this forum and I will do the same to you.

Old 09-14-09, 10:50 PM   #88
TGRrod
BassFishin.Com Member

I guess this proves that opinions are like aholes everyone has one. Everyone had a different take on this subject and guess that is best for grown men is to get it out and be done with it, that is what seperates us from women once it is over it is usually over. This issue is water under the bridge for me, and I hope everybody can move on. Kevin I owe you an apology, I did not intend to cause this my intention was to brag on something that I worked a year to accomplish. I may have worded it wrong and for that I apologize but I am not sorry for being proud of doing something that was a goal. Would this be different if I was a frequent flyer here I don't know, but honestly I really was just proud to work with a major school in my home state. Maybe I should be the one to leave I have not been here long and I would be a distant memory.
Old 09-14-09, 10:58 PM   #89
Kevin
Administrator

I feel everyone's had the opportunity to say their peace, but it appears at this point it's just people looking for validation. I'm closing the thread.
Closed Thread

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.