Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 05-22-11, 08:25 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Smile pictures and stories form the get together event at wheeler/wilson lakes.

while i am puter stupid still. i made this thread so everyone can post up their pics and stories about their trip this year.

so post up your pics and le tthe tall tales begin gang.

i'll send my pics form my cell to daniel so he can post them up for ya'll.

update..my pics are in the capapable hands of the one and only mississippiboy's hands. they will be posted as soon as he is able to do so. stories will follow.

Last edited by bamabassman; 05-22-11 at 10:01 PM.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-11, 08:34 PM   #2
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

We will give y'all a few days to recoup. But they are expected, even the blackmail ones.
Old 05-23-11, 05:07 AM   #3
walkeraviator

Better get out the knee high boots... its gonna get think round here...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-11, 08:48 AM   #4
docirv
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Skype™ to docirv

It's easy for me to post pictures of all the big fish I caught.... use this link... www.docirvnocatcheyfisheypics.yuk
Old 05-23-11, 10:19 AM   #5
bassboogieman

Well, since I only pull out my camera for a special fish . . . . . .

But that's only a SMALL piece of the total picture. This was my first BF.com get-together, rally, whatever you wish to call it, and it was great. Not for the small fishing part, but for the MUCH BIGGER part in meeting the people. The people were/ARE exceptional. All were virtual strangers in reality, but meeting them for the first time was like re-uniting with an old friend, you haven't seen for a while.

John and Lisa Seaver were fantastic "hosts", putting up with all of us in their cabin for dinner Thurs. & Fri. into the WEE HOURS as it was.

We all tease and torment 'Bama, as we do others in their turn, but he is a wonderful individual. Not wanting to embarass him or anything, but telling it like it really is - He was totally concerned with everyone ELSE having a good time, as in the example with Mrs. Dickerson - John was there to do what he could for the others there, to do what he could to make this Wheeler gig a good time for all. And he was certainly successful.

So, once again, THANKS John & Lisa for working so hard to pull this off and make it enjoyable. Mrs Dickerson for those tasty cookies, and Crystal - the Seaver's able assistant in all the preparations. My cabinmates - Bryce, Matt (Geekinator), and Billy, hope you are healed up after the "break in", Kevin's not the only one anymore.....
And eveyone else that came to Wheeler for a few days of fishing (more like chuck and haul water) and good fun. Chef Anthony, great burgers and Shut Up Dogs (took me a little while to make the connection, old brain slow to make the association). Donald, hope you enjoyed the scrapple, Bryce and Matt, as first timers, were a little slow on the appreciation of this fine breakfast "meat".

And finally, I hate to compliment my partner, Doc Irv - it just isn't a part of our friendship, as we're much better at busting each other's chops - but a big THANK YOU is in order for picking up the tab for Saturday's dinner at the Wheeler Lodge. Under that GRUFF exterior, is the heart of a good man. Thanks Doc!
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-11, 11:40 AM   #6
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by docirv View Post
It's easy for me to post pictures of all the big fish I caught.... use this link... www.docirvnocatcheyfisheypics.yuk
Thats halarious Doc, lol. After having the pleasure of meeting you I can certainly say you have a wonderful sense of humor. Thanks again for dinner saturday night!
Old 05-23-11, 11:43 AM   #7
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Well, since I only pull out my camera for a special fish . . . . . .

But that's only a SMALL piece of the total picture. This was my first BF.com get-together, rally, whatever you wish to call it, and it was great. Not for the small fishing part, but for the MUCH BIGGER part in meeting the people. The people were/ARE exceptional. All were virtual strangers in reality, but meeting them for the first time was like re-uniting with an old friend, you haven't seen for a while.

John and Lisa Seaver were fantastic "hosts", putting up with all of us in their cabin for dinner Thurs. & Fri. into the WEE HOURS as it was.

We all tease and torment 'Bama, as we do others in their turn, but he is a wonderful individual. Not wanting to embarass him or anything, but telling it like it really is - He was totally concerned with everyone ELSE having a good time, as in the example with Mrs. Dickerson - John was there to do what he could for the others there, to do what he could to make this Wheeler gig a good time for all. And he was certainly successful.

So, once again, THANKS John & Lisa for working so hard to pull this off and make it enjoyable. Mrs Dickerson for those tasty cookies, and Crystal - the Seaver's able assistant in all the preparations. My cabinmates - Bryce, Matt (Geekinator), and Billy, hope you are healed up after the "break in", Kevin's not the only one anymore.....
And eveyone else that came to Wheeler for a few days of fishing (more like chuck and haul water) and good fun. Chef Anthony, great burgers and Shut Up Dogs (took me a little while to make the connection, old brain slow to make the association). Donald, hope you enjoyed the scrapple, Bryce and Matt, as first timers, were a little slow on the appreciation of this fine breakfast "meat".

And finally, I hate to compliment my partner, Doc Irv - it just isn't a part of our friendship, as we're much better at busting each other's chops - but a big THANK YOU is in order for picking up the tab for Saturday's dinner at the Wheeler Lodge. Under that GRUFF exterior, is the heart of a good man. Thanks Doc!
^5 to everything you said Bruce. Couldn't be expressed any better than this. It was a wonderful event that I know I will personally talk about for quite some time and remember forever. This was my first time attending too and God willing it won't be my last.
Old 05-23-11, 12:13 PM   #8
bassboogieman

Dang me and spank me - I forgot

Congrats to Bait Monkey Keith on the BIG BASS for the outing.
4.5 pounds, there has to be a pic somewhere.
I'll bet Donald is still kicking himselft for taking the right (actually WRONG) side of that laydown.
Old 05-23-11, 12:27 PM   #9
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Although few are from the event, I've got over 500 pics to go through from our trip. So I'll work on it today to get the few pics I have up.

It was GREAT to see everyone I already knew and meet everyone I hadn't.

Thanks again to John and Lisa for getting this thing together again, and letting us use your cabin for the meals. The food was great Lisa, especially the biscuits and egg gravy! John, thanks for taking us out on the water before our ride got there. And your welcome for all the extra lure retrieving practice! Oh, and congrats on catching the most bass!

Thanks to Bruce for taking care of the cabins; I know it was tough and we weren't as close as you'd hoped, but it was great! No one really got too much time to check out rods and reels, so I guess I'll get to see those Kistlers next year!

Doc Irv, thanks for the samples. Your baits look great and I'll be ordering some the next time I need some plastics! And a big thank you for dinner on Saturday night, that was really great of you. As for the "shut up dog" recipe; it won't be free... I want a recipe in return! It was great to meet you and Bruce.

Daniel, good to see you again man. And thanks for putting up with us (mostly me ) on the boat. I bet you're almost as good as John at getting lures out of trees now! Next time Louann and Caitlyn need to come too! Caitlyn should be old enough to outfish Papa John by then!

Crystal and Mrs. Dickerson, it was great to meet you both! Congrats to Mrs.Dickerson for her first bass ever, and one of the better fish of the event! Thanks for the cookies too, they were (and still are, as we've still got a bag left) delicious!

Everyone else that was there, it was great to meet you all. Keith, we need to get together and fish somewhere a little closer to us than Alabama, lol. And congrats on winning the Bait Monkey! Bryce, I'll be sending you the bill for the Patriarch I'm likely to buy now. Matt, nice to meet you. Now that you've got a boat, you need to get on here and start posting! Don, it was nice to meet and talk with you. You've got some great stories man! Billy, good to see you again man. Good luck on the rest of your fishing adventure after Wilson/Wheeler!

I've got some PMs to send out today on recipes and jigs. I think I remembered everyone that asked about either. But if you don't get a PM sometime today, let me know!

BB
Old 05-23-11, 01:24 PM   #10
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I can't get the pics to come up? Hmmmm....
Old 05-23-11, 02:37 PM   #11
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
I can't get the pics to come up? Hmmmm....
Same here. I am wondering if this shin dig actually happened or if these guys are just making this stuff up?
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-11, 03:39 PM   #12
nofearengineer

Doc is just making fun of the average size of the fish he caught. He didn't set any records. Read the link very carefully.
Old 05-23-11, 03:47 PM   #13
3dkicker

I still haven't seen any pics and the "stories" so far have been pretty.....weak?? C'mon we want to hear the good stuff .....Who got locked out this year??? Who fell in the water?? Who got lost???....Don't leave out the details (real or not).
Old 05-23-11, 03:54 PM   #14
bassboogieman

Quote:
C'mon we want to hear the good stuff .....Who got locked out this year???
Someone is just skimming and not reading the posts..........

Quote:
and Billy, hope you are healed up after the "break in", Kevin's not the only one anymore.....
And with GPS, no one can possibly get lost.........................

And there wasn't much "pranking" going on, but I did consider toilet papering 'Bama's front porch. Those two white pillars supporting the roof were just begging for it, but he's such a great guy, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Yeah, a brief moment of weakness.
Old 05-23-11, 04:59 PM   #15
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post

And there wasn't much "pranking" going on, but I did consider toilet papering 'Bama's front porch. Those two white pillars supporting the roof were just begging for it, but he's such a great guy, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Yeah, a brief moment of weakness.
It would have been hard to do, as people were still eating dinner past midnight.

By the time you snuck up to the door, and finished wrapping, Lisa would have been making breakfast and caught you.
Old 05-23-11, 05:57 PM   #16
bamabassman

hahahaha, now bruce....that would have been funny if oyu did it. i would've laughed out loud at that.

here is just 1 story for you smitty.

lisa and i arrived wednesday night. bruce,doc, matt and bryce were already there. i decided to go pay a visit to their cabin. i walk over with anthony (i think it was ant and his dad jeff) and ever so gently BANG on the door. i can STILL hear bryce yelling "JESUS CHRIST!! WHAT THE @#$% IS THAT?!?! COME IN! the door's open." i go in and all of them are asleep except bryce. you would have had to be there to get it really. we sat and talked for a while. and NO ONE else woke up. so my little gesture didn't do anything except maybe scare bryce a little bit at first. i still laugh when i think about it though.
and yeah, dinners were running late each night. no one was catching anything and weren't giving up so it ran into the late evenings before we all got to the cabins for supper.
i still haven't "caught up" on my sleep either. maybe by the weekend i will. lisa and i LOVED every minute of it gang. as ya'll know by now, she is my ROCK. without her i can't do a dang thing.lol.
Old 05-23-11, 06:09 PM   #17
Embrey
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

so the fishing was no good? sounds about normal for this year...
Embrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-11, 08:03 PM   #18
WTL

Click image for larger version

Name:	P10100112.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	300.0 KB
ID:	6790
The first two pics are of the same fish, different sides...this smallmouth was caught off a bed on a senko. Earlier in the day I had played with her and hooked her on a dropshot only to come off after a few seconds. The edge of the bed is pictured in the top of the 3rd picture.

Name:	P10100122.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	354.7 KB
ID:	6791

Name:	P10100032.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	6792
This bed was located in heavy current, except for a long log that provided about 8" worth of a breakwater. These fish don't need much to place a bed.

Name:	P10100042.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	392.8 KB
ID:	6793
I fished a creek one day and the fishing was much slower than normal. With the water up to %50 higher than normal, it really had the fish spread out because the creek was effectively so much larger than usual with just too many juicy looking spots to read. If you could get a lure in front of a bass though, he'd bite.

Name:	P1010008.JPG
Views:	480
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	6794
This fish was caught on a crankbait on wilson lake, near the entrance to the main ramp. I didn't get to cover much of the lakes since I was just in the kayak. Note the very bloody tail.

Name:	P1010011.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	6795
The next several pictures are from pickwick lake. I put in in spring creek and kayaked to the main lake. I did run into a little flurry of activity on a rock bluff on the lake, catching several good but not huge smallmouth.

Name:	P1010013.JPG
Views:	482
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	6800

Name:	P1010014.JPG
Views:	474
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	6796

Name:	P1010018.JPG
Views:	457
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	6797

Name:	P1010021.JPG
Views:	492
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	6798

Name:	P1010022.JPG
Views:	488
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	6799

Last edited by WTL; 05-23-11 at 08:13 PM.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-11, 08:34 PM   #19
keithdog

Need an answer to a photo post question. Is there a limit as to how many photos I can include in one post? I have over 80 to consider. Also, will the site resize them as I add them to the post automatically or should I resize them first which will take more time?
Old 05-23-11, 08:37 PM   #20
WTL

You need to resize them yourself. Try to get them down to half a MB or so or they will take really long to post. I dont know of any limit to the amount.
Old 05-23-11, 09:06 PM   #21
MississippiBoy

You might consider putting them in your photo album, or on Photobucket, instead of here, Keith. It'll be easier for us to browse through them that way, and we can always link to them from here to point out something we want to talk about. 80 photos on one thread is a lot to try to look at.
Old 05-23-11, 09:20 PM   #22
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
lisa and i arrived wednesday night. bruce,doc, matt and bryce were already there. i decided to go pay a visit to their cabin. i walk over with anthony (i think it was ant and his dad jeff) and ever so gently BANG on the door. i can STILL hear bryce yelling "JESUS CHRIST!! WHAT THE @#$% IS THAT?!?! COME IN! the door's open." i go in and all of them are asleep except bryce. you would have had to be there to get it really. we sat and talked for a while. and NO ONE else woke up. so my little gesture didn't do anything except maybe scare bryce a little bit at first. i still laugh when i think about it though.
I knew people were holding out on us!!!! Finally we're getting the good stuff.......
Old 05-23-11, 09:26 PM   #23
MississippiBoy

Here's John's pictures. I tried to caption them as best I could, but I lack his panache and way with words...

The Cajun hooked up and ready to go.

Lisa enjoying the world's best Mexican food on the way.

View from their cabin.

Jeff (kingfish) soaking up some rays.

Motley crew...Bama, Jeff, and BB (Anthony).

Somebody caught a big drum....I think maybe John?

Keithdog holding the baitmonkey trophy winning fish, 4.5 pounds.

Mrs. Dickerson holding her massive catch...

This can't be John's fish, can it? Looks way too big. Very much a Zooker-style picture, though, so maybe it is his.

Another drum.

This one is more John's size...

Mrs. Dickerson's first EVER bass....a solid 3-3.5 pounder.

Another Zooker-ish picture from John.

I think this is one of Keith's fish, caught on a frog.

Keith holding the prized BaitMonkey Trophy at dinner Saturday night.

Billy (WTL) putting the hurt on the buffet.

Matthew, Bryce's brother, holding his prize...he came the farthest, all the way from Arizona, so he got a piggy bank to save up his pennies to come next year.

Bruce (bassboogieman) giving himself a pat on the back for doing such an excellent job arranging the accomodations.

One more fish to bring it to an end.
Old 05-23-11, 09:55 PM   #24
bamabassman

thank you daniel. that first drum was about 15#er, the second drum was bryce's. looks close to what mine weighed. mrs. dickerson's bass was a solid 2 1/2 pounder. daniel is as tired as the rest of us still, but done a great job.
there wasn't much goings on as the kentucky lake event. sorry gang. although.........nobass (donald) did have to by another trolling motor (like woody), bigbassin144 (anthony) ALMOST fell into the dink (lake) with his cell phone. i did some damage to my prop on some rocks too. gonna cost me aobut 150 bucks.. we already know aobut boogieman's tire problems on his way home.

so as usual, things happened. billy is still out there fishing. and i hope he does better than we did at the event. fish on bro love!

and i too want to thank doc for the dinner saturday night and the samples of his baits. i love the craws doc.

the fishing was tough, not jsut for us, but for everyone out on these lakes. we never saw anyone really boating in any numbers. but in all honesty......catching is only part of the fun. the best part to me and i think the others as well was meeting and sitting and yes eating too, while we all talked face to face. you never know what to expect when meeting people for the first time. yet.............i have NEVER met ANYONE from this site in person who i didn't like. this is why i am here.

i am sure as time goes by during the coming week there will be some stories brought back to memories and put down. so stay tuned folks. again, THANK YOU TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU WHO ATTENDED. i personally can't wait till the next one. saving my pennies now.
Old 05-23-11, 09:59 PM   #25
WTL

John, I saw the weather that morning and left just after yall did. There were nothing but storms in north missisippi. As it later happened, they all fell apart when they hit the border, but I was already south by the time that happened....so, my trip ended early.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.