Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-07, 11:09 AM   #1
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Mont

As far as I know , you have only posted 1 thread asking help on your reel.I posted a response to it, trying to help you, but you never responded either way ?You state that your postings are meaningless because your not in the circle ?Maybe if you posted more threads, or posted different views on what techniques you use would help you become one with the "circle".Maybe some one else can help you with your problem here, because I am at odds as to why your upset.If you have been here any amount of time at all, you know the threads usually end up south, if your not particularly happy with the results, start a new thread asking specific questions to help you learn. Instant message Rebbasser as about every one here has when they started.Hell instant message me, If I don't know , I will find someone who can help you, or I will help you find a answer to your questions.Go to the chat room when Kevin is there. He doesn't answer instant messages very well, but he is very knowledgable about everything involving fishing. I hope this helps. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 04:30 PM   #2
mont_lunker_hunter
BassFishin.Com Active Member

PNJ...i'm no where near upset. I'm just saying exactly what you just said...most posts go south. When the guy in the "mounts" post mentioned that the comments did not pertain to his original question, he had a point, and some other guys jump on him for it. Think about it, if you asked a ligitimate question and had 2 or 3 guys get on and take things completely off subject, it was be somewhat aggrivating. I'll be the first to say that there is ALOT of useful info on here, but as you said things often go "south" which is frustrating to the guy with the question. Just my opinion. The reason i say that my comments may not matter to you vets is because you guys just that..the "old guys" (i mean that in a good way..much respect) and theres not alot that I or any young buck can tell you that you dont' know...and i'm just acknowledging that. Just an observation, nothing hostile meant.
mont_lunker_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 05:22 PM   #3
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Monty, There was none taken. Although there seems to be an unlimited source of info here at times, they still may, or may not pertain to your type of fishing.What you have to do is keep an open mind while reading and sift what you think you can apply to your fishing waters or style of fishing you like to do.What we need is more participation from people as yourself to share ideas, or views we may not see, or think of.I do not know as much as I would like to, thats why I am here, but it seems there is a certain amount of baby sitting involved as well.Don't get me wrong some of these younger people are as knowledgable about fishing as the older people.Then there is Fly Rod who seems to be a very well rounded professor of sorts, or another Albert Einstein who has overdosed on geritol........
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 09:49 PM   #4
mont_lunker_hunter
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i agree. i am very open minded and read everything pertaining to largemouth. I am especially up on anything pertaining to double digit bass, as my goal is to set a new Arkansas state record. From January to mid July, my entire fishing time (average 3 days a week) is devoted to it. So far I've caught several 10+, just not the ONE!
mont_lunker_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.