Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-08, 09:21 PM   #1
pignjig
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Smith Mountain Lake VA

First tournament of the year. Winning weight?.....5.2 pounds. Cold fronts, clear water, blah, blah, blah. 1st and 2nd caught all fish off main lake points and docks on wacky worms/wacky jigs.

After a morning of hitting secondary coves with my boating partner and getting squat (see 1st and 2nd), he opens up a brown bag lunch and pulls...out...a...banana. I asked him if he wanted me to take a picture of him eating his lunch with...the camera he also brought!

-Pig
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-08, 09:33 PM   #2
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Anna - Hot Side

Sorry to hear about your day. Fished Anna - on th hot side - and all the 13-14" bucks were in a feeding frenzy today. Couldn't help but catch a mess of them. Senko's, Pulse worms, Paca craws did it for me and a Baby Brush Hog was the ticket for my partner who placed 3rd. Not a huge limit for either of us but we did cull fish for the first time this year. Feels good to cull fish . My partner got a nasty case of Bass Thumb today.
Old 03-15-08, 11:14 PM   #3
pignjig

Hey, Smitty! Any day fishing is a good day. Congrats on the tournament! It's right nice to cull. I'm really looking forward to our Anna tournament in May- Man, what a great fishery.

-Pig
Old 03-16-08, 12:08 AM   #4
BassinBandit

Thats some good info though Pig. I got a tournament up there next week as well, and I would like to do well in it. I want the club to put in at Saunders but it looks like we are gonna put in at hales ford. So I will keep my fingers crossed.
Old 03-16-08, 06:26 PM   #5
pignjig

Hey, Bandit! Good luck with the tournament. We put in at the State Park (which has a lot more of it paved than last year!). If you want, I can PM you with more stuff.

-Pig
Old 03-16-08, 08:07 PM   #6
bcklash

Default Banana Banana

Hey pnj, did you laugh or throw him off the boat. I mean after all no fish and your parnter whips out his nanner. SCAREY-- LOL
Old 03-16-08, 08:32 PM   #7
pignjig

Actually, Bcklash, it was his boat. and, I feel kinda bad tellin' ya'll that story 'cause he's a great guy. Real salt of the earth. The whole converstaion got me thinking about the South and how we get along with each other down here. It went something like this: (He pulls a banana out of the bag and starts to eat it) Pig: ...Uh...whut'ellzat? friend: What? Pig: Whuchereatin'. Friend: ...A banana. Why, yontwon?

God love that rascal...

-Pig
Old 03-16-08, 10:15 PM   #8
bcklash

Great story. To tell the truth I love bananas. But most bass fisherman don't want them on their boats--BAD LUCK. Come to think of it the bait monkey had one the last time i went BPS and now those baits won't catch fish. LOL
Old 03-17-08, 12:07 AM   #9
BassinBandit

yeah pig let me know anything you can find out. That would be great. Hey I dont know if you interested but my club is running an open tourney on Claytor on the 29th if you and your partner are interested. Let me know and I can get you the details.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.