Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-08, 01:39 PM   #1
pignjig
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Central US Flooding

Just read about the floods in Missouri and Arkansa. I hope everybody's ok and out of danger. Thoughts and prayers ya'll's way...

-Pig
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-08, 03:01 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

yeah pig, we are running out of places to put the water fast! i heard they are expecting table rock to crest at 931 ft. which would put the water right at the top of the dam. i heard they had all 10 gates open on the dam (which hasn't happened since 1980). it just quit raining here a few hours ago and now the sun is out. but i hear there is supposed to be more rain before long.
Old 03-19-08, 03:48 PM   #3
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The Missouri is up allot here. I have not been up at the bridge to see how high. They have the feet painted on the missouri river bridge. She is causing allot of the creaks & small rivers to over flow. the main river is up but not out of her banks. One good thing is all my flood holes are being stocked with fish as we speak from the flooding. Thank you mother nature. I knew all this trouble had a silver linnig. The spring of 93 was some of the best fish'n. Carolina head to Truman the fish are pushed way up. Bring the flipping stick with a Black N Blue Jig. Don't forget the uncle Josh. OK!!!
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-08, 03:57 PM   #4
Lilmoosecountry

By the way do you fish in warsaw much. I've got a Lake house there. Maybe one weekend we can meet up fish OL Truman alittle. Or this wisoconsin boy could show you a thing or 2 about Muskies @ Pome De Terre. That is if your not afraid of a 10inch blue fox spinner.
Old 03-19-08, 03:57 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01

that would be sweet! too bad i am at home sick.
Old 03-19-08, 05:47 PM   #6
Cranebird
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I know 1Fastlaser lives in Arkansas.Zooker can you give us an update on how he and his family are doing ? I am not sure who else is from that area ? C-Bird
Old 03-19-08, 05:54 PM   #7
carolina-rig-01

moose we should hook up sometime! i generally don't venture too far from stockton or table rock but i could make an exception.
Old 03-19-08, 06:26 PM   #8
MississippiBoy

Only other Arkansasian (is that a word?) I know of is Mont Lunker Hunter. Believe he's in south Arkansas.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-08, 07:47 PM   #9
bamabassman

sad to hear of the flooding. mother nature is getting angry again at us. or maybe it is that time of year, lmao. hope things work out for the folks out there. been in weather sim about the deaths too. similer to theirs, sorry bout the deaths too. hop our friends out there recover soon.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-08, 09:12 AM   #10
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
moose we should hook up sometime! i generally don't venture too far from stockton or table rock but i could make an exception.
Comming from Kansas City is quite a distance. Thatz just a good middle ground area. Besides we know trumans Bass are bigger than Stockton. HAHA!!!!
Old 03-20-08, 09:21 AM   #11
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
sad to hear of the flooding. mother nature is getting angry again at us. or maybe it is that time of year, lmao. hope things work out for the folks out there. been in weather sim about the deaths too. similer to theirs, sorry bout the deaths too. hop our friends out there recover soon.
I live in KC 5 days a week. I live in Warsaw on weekends at the lake house. It has got messy. But we don't stop fish'N. Besides it's fun flipping lizzards in tree's by the road where you parked the car last week. My Bad boat is there now. Seriously now somthing does'nt seam right. It was pretty crazy like this last year as well. Every few years maybe. But not every year,COME ON.
Old 03-20-08, 09:21 PM   #12
bamabassman

do be careful moose. don't want to lose you to the river. really ...be very careful.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-08, 11:05 AM   #13
Lilmoosecountry

You know i tell people locally that i fish for bass on the missouri river. They tell me i'm crazy. That's when the water is'nt a mess like it is now. I drift down steam faster than most trollin mottors. Here is the average scenario. Start the big motor. Drive down stream. I then see the first wing dam or cove i want fish a mile away. By time i kill the outboard. Go to the front deck to drop trolling motor. I'm usually 15 to 20 feet away in lesss than 3 or 3 minutes. Now you use the TRoll'N motor to help control your drift behind the wing dam. Now ounce your out of the current it almost like fishing a lake. Now to fish the points on a feeder steam or a river. As i'm a proach'n i have my fishing partner throw out the drift socks. But the placement is alll determined what side i'm fishing on & how fast the current is. Now leaving the wing dam or cove is the same. Bring in the drift socks if there out. Use the troll'n motor again to pull you out to the middle in a controlled drift. Once your in the middle you pull up the troll'n motor. Then get to your seat to fire up the outboard. The whole time this is happening your drifting really fast down river. Fire up the outboard & leave up or down stream. Yes i have bean dragged down stream because the starter battery was dead.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.