Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-08, 09:49 AM   #26
doc
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
just hope it ain't international paper. worked there in mobile till they shut it down and moved it to china, mexico and central america.

The only worry about the logging buisness here right now is gas. We live in the land of "tall pines and pink tomatoes".
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-08, 10:19 AM   #27
3dkicker

Prevent, evaluate, treat, and rehabilitate injuries for those who live an active lifestyle. I also mold the yutes to become fine outstanding members of the medical societies. After that I do a bunch of $*&@ that has nothing to do with the first two things.
Old 06-17-08, 01:46 PM   #28
rodman rat
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I am an accountant for an insurance company
rodman rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-08, 02:40 PM   #29
joecnc2006
BassFishin.Com Member

Civil Engineering and Land Surveying.
joecnc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-08, 05:20 PM   #30
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

low
you guys still using the granite rollers??

irational poo-pooper-don't get me started they are one of our bigger buyers. 7 truck loads of bunk pallets sent every week. we get about 10 loads of southern yellow out of your area per week. sippi drivers can't find backwards..

zooker
Old 06-17-08, 06:55 PM   #31
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
low
you guys still using the granite rollers??

granite rollers?? this is prob and easy one, but for some reason it's goin over my head...
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-08, 08:20 PM   #32
zooker

i used to lathe them beast when i worked at rock of ages in vt...

zooker
Old 06-17-08, 08:24 PM   #33
lowrider

oh, see i'm just a lowly truck driver. the mill stuff is not my department. only exp there i have is that in a former const worker life i built a few dry kilns and new sawmills.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-08, 11:24 PM   #34
bothomas

P&J already knows what I do but I'll tell the rest of you. I am an A/C guy. The hotter it gets in Alabama the less I will posting... hard enough to find time to fish. Can't fish and talk to you guys about fishing at the same time.
bothomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-08, 08:22 AM   #35
crankybait

Student... Need a job soon, but my mom wont let me get a normal job for kids my age (cashier)... I'm going to need to be a tutor.
Old 06-18-08, 07:06 PM   #36
bamabassman

how much longer ya got cranky? aren't you gonna be a doctor? if so, what feild are ya going in? and being a tutor ain't bad man. really great job in my opion. we need someone to help out the other kids.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-08, 07:13 PM   #37
pignjig

Ditto 'Bama, Cranky! You might be the difference between a kid sticking it out or giving up. There's a diaper-load of cashiers out there (no offense to any cashiers, ok?) but it's rare to find a young man with the kind of responsibility you have to actually help someone better themselves. Just my 2 cents...

And, for the post, I'm in HVAC sales and outdoor sports writing.
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-08, 08:29 PM   #38
crankybait

I'm going to be a junior, so thats 2 more years of highschool. I want to get into a 7-year medical program, as im a timefreak. Then I got residency, fellowship, all of that. Planning on going into genetics, neuroscience, and possibly nanosurgery. A year saved from school is a year i could be spending fishing saving lives and all that good stuff.
And I guess tutoring won't be bad, it can just be a really frustrating job
Old 06-18-08, 09:08 PM   #39
bamabassman

well i understand cranky. but look pal... each and every job has it's good and bad days,weeks sometimes a realy bad year. but keep on believeing in what your final goal is. and when you become a great doctor....remember us here buddy. as we will be in dire need of your services, lmao. you haveta keep us in good enough health so's we can still fish. and right now is the greastest years of your young life. enjoy it cause it will fly by my friend.
Old 06-18-08, 10:08 PM   #40
crankybait

Hey, thanks a lot bama, really. I guess things just have a way of working. The bad days are inevitable, no matter what you do. Of course, this part of life is hard to enjoy... my theory is working hard for the next 10 years will lead to a comfortable, afluent life, and more importantly, an early retirement. And of course I will remember everyone here... This site has had quite an impact on who I am, forgetting about it would be out of the question. My only requirement is a to come fishing after any treatment
Old 06-19-08, 12:59 PM   #41
Lilmoosecountry

I don't know what to say. Because what i do does'nt reflect who i really am. I'll just say fishermen. When i die your all welcome to come someday. Just reflect that it was fishing the defined me not banking.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 10:45 PM   #42
bamabassman

I UNDERSTAND LILMOOSE. I AM LIKE THE SAYING AS FOR AS WORK GOES. I ALWAYS TELL FOLKS THAT "I WORK TO LIVE, NOT LIVE TO WORK". guess one reason is i have never liked alot of the jobs that i have had over the years. and the ones i did like where taken away from me in one form or another. so... i just put in my 8 hrs or so and go home. home is where you find the REAL person that you are. if you are all about work, you are lost in this world i believe. ok, enough of this... let's just go fishing.
Old 06-20-08, 12:28 AM   #43
1/4 stick

Cranky, I know tutoring can be frustrating. But cashiering can be just as frustrating and alot harder on the feet, legs, and back. You spend the time cashiering having to smile (if you do the job right, most don't) at a thousand people you don't know and putting up with them complaining to you about everything wrong in the store. After all that every part of your body hurts from standing in one place on a concrete floor all those hours. And what have you acommplished? You rang up some groceries for a bunch of strangers. Not trying to knock any cashiers, just speaking from about 20 years experiance in the biz. The cashier does a job that is difficult and they get very little reward for it.

But tutoring, you get to help somebody in a way that can effect their whole life, possibly change the direction of that life. The help you give them could make the difference between them being a ditch digger or... a doctor or surgon.

Not trying to knock ditch diggers either, but if you've done or do those jobs, you'll know what I'm trying to tell ole cranky.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-08, 02:41 PM   #44
bassnman30

Retired and living off the government.
Old 06-21-08, 12:07 AM   #45
flfireman

My screen name kinda gives it away. Firefighter/paramedic. Been in fire service for 15 years, paramedic for 9. Also work for a private ambulance company in orlando. Before that, you name it: truck driver, waiter, grass cutter, newspaper delivery, baseball field maintenance.
Old 06-23-08, 12:16 PM   #46
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pignjig View Post
And, for the post, I'm in HVAC sales and outdoor sports writing.
Ooooooh A big time outdoor sports writer!!!! Who do you write for?? Outdoor Life?? Field & Stream??? Ranger Rick?? C'mon man, spill the beans!!!! And have you written anything good lately? Maybe something on jigs or possibly night fishing perhaps???
Old 06-23-08, 02:02 PM   #47
pignjig

Ranger Rick?????? Ranger Rick?? Dude, is that rascally raccoon still breathing?

Big time sports writer?...no. Maybe some day, Lord willing, but I gotta earn a few more stripes first. As far as anything good? That's a true matter of opinion, my friend-- I sorta like the Zell and Denny blogs.

There does just happen to be an article coming out with a certain 3d in 2d holding one of them wiley Lake Anna critters. Also, in August, ol' Thunderstruck's C-rig01 is gonna get his chance at infamy after we terrorize the hawgs with some quality jiggin' in Missouri. I'm not promoting anything, this a great site, but if folks want to they can Google Reel World ESPN and that'll bring up a recent sample of swine writing by Pig.

Dang, did I write all that outloud...?

-Pig
Old 06-24-08, 01:39 AM   #48
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Ranger Rick?????? Ranger Rick?? Dude, is that rascally raccoon still breathing?

Big time sports writer?...no. Maybe some day, Lord willing, but I gotta earn a few more stripes first. As far as anything good? That's a true matter of opinion, my friend-- I sorta like the Zell and Denny blogs.

There does just happen to be an article coming out with a certain 3d in 2d holding one of them wiley Lake Anna critters. Also, in August, ol' Thunderstruck's C-rig01 is gonna get his chance at infamy after we terrorize the hawgs with some quality jiggin' in Missouri. I'm not promoting anything, this a great site, but if folks want to they can Google Reel World ESPN and that'll bring up a recent sample of swine writing by Pig.

Dang, did I write all that outloud...?

-Pig

pig i am very much looking foward to running you all over missouri showing you all the best places not to fish. buddy let me say this about your writing. while you say your not a big time writer i will say that i really enjoy reading your stuff. in fact i am not a big reader at all, i mean i sometimes will read about things i enjoy like fishing or baseball or whatever but even then i usually tend to drift off and lose interest. but your articles keep my attention from "cover to cover" and that is really saying something.....so you may not be a "big time" writer yet, but you are a great writer without a doubt.
Old 06-24-08, 03:05 PM   #49
pignjig

C-rig, all I can say is many, many thanks, man, and looking forward to the C-rig and Pig Big Jig Shindig myself!
Old 06-24-08, 04:52 PM   #50
Lancer6

Quote:
Just as I suspected! There's an awfully diverse group on here. There also seems to be a common theme of honest, hard work. Thanks for the input, it's all pretty interesting. And, L6, I can believe everything but the jewel thief
-Pig
Wanna buy the Hope Diamond? I'll toss in Jimmy Hoffa.

L6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.