Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-08, 12:26 AM   #1
pignjig
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default X-Files Movie?

As a big sci-fi geek I thought I'd check out the new X-files movie earlier today. I'll hold the critique...anybody else seen it? Also, what say anyone about Dark Knight? I will say this...$16 for two popcorns and cokes?! How do we get in on some of that action???

-Pig, cinema swine
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-08, 12:31 AM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I heard X Files was bad and Dark Knight was great. I'm normally into serious films, but I want to see the Dark Knight sooner or later.
Old 07-27-08, 01:14 AM   #3
pignjig

I prefer the more cerebral/serious stuff, as well. But, every once in a while, brain candy is in order. X-files fits that bill as does anything by M. Night or Broken Lizard.

Last edited by pignjig; 07-27-08 at 01:28 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 07-27-08, 01:33 AM   #4
WTL

M Night Shalaman?

Signs must have been the lamest, dumbest, most retardedest movie I have ever seen in my life. You have aliens, who have a mortal allergy to water, decide to invade a planet that is 70% water and screw around with human beings whose bodies are composed of like %70 water. If I'm sweating and I touch one of them, there dead. If I spit on one of them, there dead. And the climax of the movie is that family goes in the basement and comes out a little later just to hear "oh, yeah, well the aliens got wet and all died". I mean its been a couple years, but as I remember that was the jist of it.
Old 07-27-08, 01:59 AM   #5
pignjig

His last few have been...bad? I haven't seen the latest yet. But, consider Unbreakable and 6th Sense. Like I said, brain candy, nothing more.
Old 07-27-08, 02:00 AM   #6
jooleyen
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

Lol. Pretty much WTL.

If I think I'm going to see a new movie sometime soon, I try to watch the previous movie. I just watched Batman and I'll be pretty hyped if I get a chance to see Dark Knight.

How did everyone like The Happening?
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-08, 08:28 AM   #7
Jim80

the dark night i am looking foward to seeing but the x-files movie not so much , they just did so much in the series that the movie really has no where left to go that will do what we have seen justice .
Old 07-27-08, 09:53 AM   #8
crankybait

Saw Dark Night. They should just change the movie's name to " The Joker " because Heath Ledger essentially made the movie. It is brilliant... just as you would think a real psychotic killer would be
Old 07-27-08, 10:51 AM   #9
bamabassman

batman is my childhood hero. so..... i have the first series of films, gonna get this series too. haven't seen dark knight yet. but want to really bad. sad that heath saw to end his life like he did. he was a great actor in my opion. like all his films. but like so many stars today, they can't seem to handle the fame, or are just too dumb to realize their own mortatly.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-08, 11:23 AM   #10
crankybait

heard heath got ended because of the joker role... he was getting too into it, and started taking antidepressants
Old 07-27-08, 11:28 AM   #11
Jim80

I do remember hearing something to that effect . They said he was always in character on the set even when not filming
Old 07-27-08, 12:59 PM   #12
WTL

A question: What happened to M Night Shalamans aliens if it was really humid outside? Huh? What happened then? Inquiring minds want to know.

OK, ok, I'll let it go. But there is always ambient moisture in the air. I would expect a big time hollywood movie director to know that, but maybe he cant be bothered with such pedestrain ideas.
Old 07-27-08, 01:20 PM   #13
pignjig

I agree with Bama. Ledger had a promising career ahead of him. He was one of the few younger actors that had real talent.
Old 07-27-08, 01:25 PM   #14
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
A question: What happened to M Night Shalamans aliens if it was really humid outside? Huh? What happened then? Inquiring minds want to know.

OK, ok, I'll let it go. But there is always ambient moisture in the air. I would expect a big time hollywood movie director to know that, but maybe he cant be bothered with such pedestrain ideas.

Wtl if you look at signs as a movie it's shock value was a cheap scare the story line was was so-so at best and things like that always tend to get overlooked in the name of entertainment . 6th sense was a great movie though , and prob the only one he has made that i liked .
Old 07-27-08, 01:29 PM   #15
Jim80

and i will let all know how i liked the dark night tomorrow i have a copy of it at home i just haven't watched it yet , and check out hancock it was stupidly funny .
Old 07-27-08, 03:05 PM   #16
WTL

Well, I guess if you look at it that way I was shocked at how stupid the movie was...jolly good show m night!

Hollywood really must be where dreams come true, you make 1 ok movie and then people declare you to be a genius and the studios finance and promtote each successive peice of garbage you expel from your anus as a brilliant filmaking.
Old 07-27-08, 03:22 PM   #17
Jim80

Thats how the movie machine is man it's all based on dumba** stoned kids thinking the movie scared them because they were to tore up to realize that it sucked , but they spent their $8.50 on the ticket so crappy movie movie wins in the end . but then again i have a weird taste in movies requiem for a dream is one of my favorites .

Last edited by Jim80; 07-27-08 at 03:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Jim80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.