Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 10-23-08, 07:32 AM   #1
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Carpet!!!!

I am looking at boats and i was wondering around what price does it cost to re-carpet a 16-17 foot boat?
jcw1503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-08, 07:37 AM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

not to much for indoor outdoor carpet and adhesive, just a lot of man hours .
Hopefully you can easily do this project for under 100 bucks if under the old carpet is still good wood/ or metal.
Go to a carpet place and price outdoor carpet to get an idea.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-08, 09:04 AM   #3
robertmee
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I used Lowes HD Marine Carpet. It has a thicker pile than indoor/outdoor stuff. It cost around 4$ a linear foot, 6' wide. I used two quarts of Henry's Heavy Duty Outdoor adhesive for the floors and two cans of 3M 77 Adhesive for the lids. You'll need a couple of quarts of Acetone, a razor scraper and putty knives to get the old stuff up. A pack of 100 razor blades and box cutter or carpet knife. A good pair of shears helps too for cutting the pieces for the lids where the edges don't have to be perfect (they're folded under).

Total cost around $125 bucks.
robertmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-08, 11:58 AM   #4
Flippy
BassFishin.Com Member

i am also gonna change my carpet i went to home depot they have some I/O carpet after figuring the prices there it will only cost me 90 for the carpet but color selection is very minimul
Old 10-24-08, 07:37 AM   #5
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Guys, shop around online for the boat carpet. I got mine through Ingles Carpet for $6. a running foot X 7' wide, a really good 20 weight carpet in platinum. I bought 25' to make sure I had enough for my doors and "projects" (console, buddy rod organizer), my boat is 20' 4" long.
Just go to Google and type "Boat Carpet" or Marine Carpet. You'll be surprised at the deals, including adhesives and great shipping if they aren't nearby. Just remember to buy contact glue for your hard corners and tight spaces, indoor/outdoor carpet glue will work great for every thing else as long as you trowel it with at least a 3/32" grooved trowel.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.