Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 01-11-11, 03:25 PM   #76
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

WE ARE BOOKED!!! got 1 of the 1 bedroom cabins. talked to miss kelly and got her done!

one thing miss kelly said is to make SURE that if you are NOT going to stay the enitre week to tell them. boogieman has reserved his for the whole week and so she has all the cabins booked for the whole week. BUT just tell them the nights you will be staying and they will make the changes. i explained to miss kelly what we where doing and she has a little more understanding i think. lol. BOOGIEMAN, THANK OYU AGAIN MAN. we are in from the 18th to the 22nd. i asked about boat slips at eh cabin area and she didn't really know she said. so IF there aren't any hookups gang. we will need to bring some extension cords for our batteries and maybe some shargers too. i have 2 chargers and a few cords i can bring. she said the cabin office is closed due to the snow storm. but i have the number for later in the comoing weeks to ask these questions. as well as a few others i may have.

i am REALLY GETTING EXCITED NOW!!! canb oyu tell? lol. being locked up in this snow storm is horrible. AGAIN...........I TIP MY BPS CAP AND MY BAMA CAP TO MY NORTHERN BROTHERS. you guys got balls of steel for staying up there, haha.

as for the storm heading your way boogieman..........YOU ARE WELCOME BUDDY!!! please take it away from here, hahahahaha. i have had ENOUGH OF IT. we will not be abvle to get out till maybe friday they say. lisa is aobut to kill me already, lmao. the kerosene heater just won't heat up the shop enough for me to go there either. temps here aer at 29 degrees, dropping down to 15 tonight. roads will stay froze over till probably friday like i said.

back to the subject at hand. LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!! book oyur cabin gang. IT'S TIME TO GET READY!!!!
Old 01-11-11, 03:34 PM   #77
nofearengineer

Bama, I still have my spare two-bank battery charger I can bring, in case someone is running a little low.
Old 01-11-11, 04:10 PM   #78
nofearengineer

Hey Billy...I just noticed, there is no mention of air conditioning in the cabins. Is there? I'd assume so, but you never know. I love how you Alabama folks love to sweat.
Old 01-11-11, 04:36 PM   #79
bamabassman

want me to get you a fan bryce? hahahaha. i am sure there will be some sort of a/c man.
Old 01-11-11, 04:43 PM   #80
nofearengineer

Haha, John. I was envisioning feeling like Cool Hand Luke sitting in the hot box.
Old 01-11-11, 04:47 PM   #81
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Don't laugh about that. I stayed in cabins in New York a couple years ago, and Canada a couple years ago in AUGUST - neither had a/c. "We have ""cool breezes"" off the water, don't need a/c". WRONG. I hate sweating in bed at night, just listening to the buzzing of the FREAKIN' SKEETER'S in my ears. Welts in the morning. NO A/C is a pain in the arse.

AND THAT IS AN AIRCONDITIONER I SEE UNDER THE WINDOW. These brick "cabins" look pretty darn nice.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-11-11 at 04:59 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 05:18 PM   #82
bamabassman

hahaha, they do look eally "cool" boogie. yeah i am sure that there are a/c's in the cabins. also heaters. we may be in the back woods here in bama, but we ain't totatly backwood people. hahahaa!!!
Old 01-11-11, 06:20 PM   #83
WTL

Bring box fans anyway. As I remember Istayed ina smaller cabin last year in august, and there was an AC, but not in my particular room...and cold air wouldn't turn the corner. As it will be late May, it wont be veryhot, but warm enough that you will want to bring a fan.
Old 01-11-11, 06:59 PM   #84
MississippiBoy

You guys are KILLING me.....
Old 01-11-11, 07:16 PM   #85
bamabassman

you know what to do daniel. just saying..............
Old 01-12-11, 11:31 PM   #86
MississippiBoy

Ok, got a small glimmer of hope today. My other plans that were interfering with my chances of going on this trip are in limbo right now. If they change like I believe they are, there's a good chance I'll be able to come, after all.
Old 01-13-11, 06:04 PM   #87
WTL

I was thinking about leaving the boats in the water, slips and stuff, and I decided that maybe I should clarify....

There are no slips that I know of that are rentable. Also, I have always liked the ability of fishing one lake in the morning and the other in the evening, so I never have left my boat in the water. But I think there might be a couple poor locations where you could beach the boat. Its near the dam, and it would be a dark, secluded area at night so I wouldn't, but its not like it cant be done. The very first slew by the dam has some sort of old concrete structure that is on the park ground that you might be able to tie up to.

OK, safety;
Perhaps I should also go ahead and start warning people not to take the dam lightly. There are huge rocks and heavy current and barges on the other side. I don't know who has experience in large tailwaters so lets just be sure to keep reminding everyone to not do anything stupid under the dam, to ensure that there are no accidents. If you don't do anything stupid, you will be ok. Make sure you bring lifejackets, as when you are within a certain distance of the dam they are required.

The cabins are where it says wheeler dam village.

Don't forget if you are floating in the current that there are a couple islands with power towers on them, you should be aware that there is no garantee that there arent submerged rocks somewhere (I havent hit one here, but there definitly are below wilson dam)
Old 01-13-11, 06:18 PM   #88
nofearengineer

You're doing a good job of scaring people to death, WTL (That's a good thing). Flowing water is inherently dangerous. Lakes and rivers are just totally different animals.
Old 01-13-11, 06:23 PM   #89
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
You're doing a good job of scaring people to death, WTL (That's a good thing). Flowing water is inherently dangerous. Lakes and rivers are just totally different animals.
Well I'm trying to scare people into being cautious. The one thing that can screw up this trip is someone getting in trouble out there. But it is completely avoidable, accidents don't happen below the dam without some recklessness. And just cause you see locals doing it, does not imply safety cause I see people all the time doing crap that makes me shake my head.
Old 01-13-11, 06:25 PM   #90
nobass

no fear sent you prviate message. ps i do not snore. or sleep walk lol
Old 01-13-11, 09:44 PM   #91
bamabassman

hahahaha nobass. DATS FUNNY RIGHT THAR.

well i am gonna hit the 1st and 2nd creeks FIRST! maybe then go up river a bit to hog island and town creek. got a feeling the bass will be up in the shallows this time of year.
DINK city i am sure, hahaha.

jsut a foot note. i think i covered this already but will do so again.

i have recieved word from MRS. DICKERSON (ZOOKERS MOM) THAT SHE IS COMING AND BRINGING ZOOKERS SISTER KRYSTLE. they want ot meet more of the people that ZOOKER chatted with on here. let's give them a big ol welcome ok? they are gonna book this week.

Last edited by bamabassman; 01-13-11 at 09:51 PM.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 10:11 PM   #92
keithdog

Ok, lookin at WTL's maps, it looks like Joe Wheeler State Park is on both sides of the river. Which side are we staying at? The north or south side?
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 10:38 PM   #93
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Ok, lookin at WTL's maps, it looks like Joe Wheeler State Park is on both sides of the river. Which side are we staying at? The north or south side?
They're on the south side, by the dam village. lol

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 10:45 PM   #94
nofearengineer

No need for that kind of language, Woodrow.
Old 01-13-11, 10:57 PM   #95
woody

That's what the map says: Wheeler Dam Village.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 10:59 PM   #96
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
They're on the south side, by the dam village. lol

-Mark
Thanks Woody I'm checking it out tonight. Driving time will be around 9-10 hours. I've got my research to do for sure. Havn't ever bass fished from a river system. Only lakes. Looks like this is mainly a smallmouth fishery??? My gear is tailored to fishing for large mouth in natural lakes, so not sure what kind of gear to bring with me. Do you cross the dam going south on 101 to reach the Dam Village?
Old 01-13-11, 11:01 PM   #97
nofearengineer

Keith, Wheeler appears to be a very diverse fishery. Deep Smallie country at the bottom half, shallower, siltier largemouth territory up top. Bring all of your gear.
Old 01-13-11, 11:11 PM   #98
bamabassman

hahaha, on the launguage guys. that made me laugh out loud for real. and YES BRYCE, BRING all OYUR GEAR I think as well. i am even gonna bring a couple of fly rods. YES I SAID FLY RODS!! i owuld LOVE to get a smallie (not DINK,SMALLMOUTH BASS,HAHA) on poping fly. can you inmagine the fight ? makes me shudder thinking about it. MAN.............AM I READY FOR SPRING!!!lol.

sorry, cabin fever hit me again.
Old 01-13-11, 11:21 PM   #99
keithdog

Small mouth in the month of may down south, will they be post spawn by then? Boy do I feel lost when fishing for smallmouth, hahaha. Not sure how they relate to seasonal patterns. Time to do some studying. Flyrod John??? If I remember, I'll bring you some flies I have that have never hit the water.
Old 01-13-11, 11:27 PM   #100
bassboogieman

Quote:
I have recieved word from MRS. DICKERSON (ZOOKERS MOM) THAT SHE IS COMING AND BRINGING ZOOKERS SISTER KRYSTLE. they want ot meet more of the people that ZOOKER chatted with on here.
Now that's really cool! Welcome they will be. I'm guessing they'll want the remaining 1 BR cabin? Or, will there be other considerations I may not be aware of, like maybe reservng a unit not in our block? That would leave the 3 BR for a bunch of guy to split, just need to figure how many days the longest stay in that unit might be. There should be plenty of room regardless. Again, that is something else that they would want to do that, special people they are!
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.