Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 11-13-13, 07:51 PM   #1
DrG
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Quality Safety Pin Spinnerbaits?

I need some input folks. I want to start using safety pin type spinner baits more often. I like them because they are so versatile - you can change the blade, the bait and the weight in an almost infinite number of ways. The problem for me is that most of what I've seen out there is pretty junky. The blades are poor quality as are the swivels and the wire itself. I looked at Kahara spinners and they are pretty much what I'm looking for except that the wire is very thin. I want to be able to use these not only for smallies but also Walleye and even trout. Does anyone know where I could find safety pin type spinners that have quality blades and swivels with, say, tungsten wire. I'd make them up myself in a pinch if I could find quality tungsten wire that I don't have to start bending myself. Any input would be much appreciated.
DrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 12:39 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Strike King KVD spinner baits are quality baits at a fair price and I would recommend them over most brands. Terminator spinner baits use Titanium wire and are also very well made with quality components, though a bit pricey. And lastly, War Eagle spinner baits have a HUGE following and for a good reason. You can't go wrong with either of these three. I've been making my own for several years, so now I use my own about 70% of the time.
Old 11-14-13, 01:08 AM   #3
DrG
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks Keithdog. But here's the thing. What I'm looking for are safety pin type jig spinners where you can change jig heads. This is the sort of thing I mean except that these are very cheaply made in every way: http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/bett.../0000000081852
So what I'm looking for is a quality jig spinner with ball bearing swivels, quality blades and stainless or tungsten wire. Is there such a thing or is there someone who would build them for me?
DrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 06:45 AM   #4
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Strike King Redfish Magic
Bass Assassin Red Daddy
Precision Tackle Thunderspin
Bomber Redfish Flasher (the only one of these with premium swivels)
and if you just want the wire/blades like you linked to H&H sells some saltwater grade in 3 packs
All this stuff is at BPS and I'm sure there's lots more elsewhere.......just change your focus to redfish
Old 11-14-13, 08:44 AM   #5
lilmule

Top two that come to mind are strike king,and war eagle,in a double willow im fond of the screaming eagle version as compact,in green shad.Others that im fond of some are not made anymore but mostly specialty items with less actual usage per year.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 11:13 AM   #6
joedog

Google jig spinner.
Then go to Jig Spinner-Image Results.
Click on any picture and the pic will come up.
Lower left hand corner will have the website address.
Click address and it will take you to site.
Most sites have a phone number to call and ask questions.

Don't think you'll find titanium though.
But there are pike arms which have stronger wire.

Good luck on your search!
Old 11-14-13, 01:10 PM   #7
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Titanium is not as necessary for jig spinners as the fish have more trouble getting leverage to bend the wire.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.