Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Old 09-22-04, 10:46 PM   #1
JereUt22
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to JereUt22
Default money

i would like to know how much $ can a bss fisher make can make a good living at it if your good? :-/ ???
JereUt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-04, 11:03 PM   #2
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1
Default Re: money

It matters which circuit you fish for. If you fish for FLW, you can make big bucks from winning tournaments, but you don't get as much recognition for fishing the FLW tour as you do if you fish the bassmaster circuit. But in the bassmaster circuit you don't make as much money for the tournaments even though you get a lot of sponsors. If you win the bassmaster classic you get 200,000 just for winning it, but in all you'll probably make about a million bucks with all the endorsements. If you win whatever the FLW final tournament thing is called you get 500,000 immediatley, but onot as much in endorsements as the bassmaster. Basically if you are real good. you can make a lot of money.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-04, 12:49 AM   #3
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

JAMES,

The odds of hitting it big in the fishing circuit are less than the odds of getting hit by lightning>

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-04, 08:10 AM   #4
bassman602
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassman602

To be truthful, it is much easier to get hit by lightning than to make a living at being a bass pro. Been there, done that.
bassman602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-04, 04:02 PM   #5
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

For every fisherman out there making a living at professional bass fishing, there are about 2000 who went broke trying it. The only thing out there with longer odds of making it to the top is NASCAR racing, and professional bull riding.

Good luck if you go for it.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-04, 10:31 PM   #6
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

this year i happen to luck out and make a little more than i spent in tourney entry fees.but then there's gas,insurance,tackle..etc...etc...so,ok i didn't make anything.
probably never will,but it sure is fun trying.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-04, 09:45 AM   #7
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

I was looking over this post again, and I noticed something that oddly enough I didn't notice right off the bat.

James I can tell you one thing. If you even THINK you might want to make a living as a professional bass fisherman, one of the first things you need to do is to learn to speak, and write the English language.

As a professional bass fisherman, your real job is not to catch fish, it's to promote (1) yourself to a company that you hope will sponsor you, and (2) to the public that you hope to sell that companies product to.

If you can't communicate, you can't do that. The day and time of "Bubba Baitpusher" has come and gone. Today you're expected to be articulate, photogenic, and intelligent.

If you're in school stay there. If you're not go back. Having a college degree will help you a lot, and give you something to fall back on if you fail at being a fisherman.

Again, good luck.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.