Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-01-05, 03:39 PM   #1
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Arrow Tournament Weigh In Thread

When you get done fishing, post your weights and pictures here-that way it will all be in one place.
Old 09-05-05, 11:10 AM   #2
Rebbasser

Default Lizard's 5 Fish

We have the first fish-these are the 5 Lizards caught-he'll supply the specifics:

Old 09-05-05, 06:32 PM   #3
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser
We have the first fish-these are the 5 Lizards caught-he'll supply the specifics:

For some reason pic#2 isn't showing up for me

Well the white piece of paper at the top of all of the pics says "Bassfishin.com Tourney 9/3/05" I started fishing at 5:30am, and stopped at 11:30am. I went to the coal pit to practice some more, and decided I would just get the tourney done. I would have liked to waited, but don't know when I would get another chance. The weather had been cooler the last couple of days, but still hitting the lower 80's, and 60's in the am. It was still pretty dark when I started. I worked a Jitterbug, and a Buzzbait early with only one short miss. I caught the first 2 on a Mizmo tube 3 1/2" with a Gammy 1/8 oz insert hook. Both came while pitching to the same laydown, in about 6 feet of water, they both hit it on the fall. The next 2 came on a Mojo rigged Zoom Black/Blue Fleck 6" lizard. One was in about 1 foot of water, and just slammed it, the other was caught in about 9 feet of water, being drug through some weeds on a shallow point. The last was taken on a Buzzbait around 10:00am. Caught it on a shallow flat in about 4 feet of water, just in the weed edge, on a Buzz B-2 Whit/Chartreuse 1/4 oz. I caught 7 other short fish, but these were the only 12" or bigger. I was disappointed on the size, but was happy with a limit regardless of the sizes.

Following is a list of the length, girth, and weight.
Length Girth Weight

1. 13.5" 8.5" 1.29 lbs
2. 13" 8.25" 1.16 lbs
3. 14.5" 9.25" 1.62 lbs
4. 14" 8.25" 1.39 lbs
5. 15.75" 9.5" 1.98 lbs

Total weight: 7.44 Lbs

Hope I don't win my own prize Well this gets it started, something to shoot at anyways.

Lizards
Old 09-11-05, 08:22 AM   #4
Denny_ohio
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default wtg

great job Lizard!! sounds like you had a pretty good morning.There's nothing like being on the water early in the morning Congrat on the catch and the good looking bass.Where off to a good start
Denny
Old 09-14-05, 03:19 PM   #5
KH.
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule

Well the white piece of paper at the top of all of the pics says "Bassfishin.com Tourney 9/3/05" I started fishing at 5:30am, and stopped at 11:30am. I went to the coal pit to practice some more, and decided I would just get the tourney done. I would have liked to waited, but don't know when I would get another chance. The weather had been cooler the last couple of days, but still hitting the lower 80's, and 60's in the am. It was still pretty dark when I started. I worked a Jitterbug, and a Buzzbait early with only one short miss. I caught the first 2 on a Mizmo tube 3 1/2" with a Gammy 1/8 oz insert hook. Both came while pitching to the same laydown, in about 6 feet of water, they both hit it on the fall. The next 2 came on a Mojo rigged Zoom Black/Blue Fleck 6" lizard. One was in about 1 foot of water, and just slammed it, the other was caught in about 9 feet of water, being drug through some weeds on a shallow point. The last was taken on a Buzzbait around 10:00am. Caught it on a shallow flat in about 4 feet of water, just in the weed edge, on a Buzz B-2 Whit/Chartreuse 1/4 oz. I caught 7 other short fish, but these were the only 12" or bigger. I was disappointed on the size, but was happy with a limit regardless of the sizes.

Length Girth Weight

1. 13.5" 8.5" 1.29 lbs
2. 13" 8.25" 1.16 lbs
3. 14.5" 9.25" 1.62 lbs
4. 14" 8.25" 1.39 lbs
5. 15.75" 9.5" 1.98 lbs

Hope I don't win my own prize Well this gets it started, something to shoot at anyways.

Lizards
you cant see #2 eh well your not missin any thing

and what the he!! is a girth
Old 09-14-05, 03:31 PM   #6
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

the circumference of the fish measured at the widest point.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 04:15 PM   #7
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule

Length Girth Weight

1. 13.5" 8.5" 1.29 lbs
2. 13" 8.25" 1.16 lbs
3. 14.5" 9.25" 1.62 lbs
4. 14" 8.25" 1.39 lbs
5. 15.75" 9.5" 1.98 lbs

Lizards
I can see the PIC#2 as well. Not bad.

Any way, Can I do it at night from bank?

Cheers

H2O
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 05:22 PM   #8
KH.

ahhhh the girth,,,,i see well i better get fishin
Old 09-15-05, 01:14 PM   #9
KH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O
I can see the PIC#2 as well. Not bad.

Any way, Can I do it at night from bank?

Cheers

H2O

i dont think it says any thing about night-fishin does it so go fish
Old 09-15-05, 03:42 PM   #10
flachristopherkeene9

ANYTIME from September 1st at 12:01am till September 30th at 11:59pm.

Chris
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 03:57 PM   #11
KenDammit

actually 12:00 is still Sept 30th 12:01 starts the new day.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 07:20 PM   #12
KH.

someone post some fish
Old 09-18-05, 03:13 AM   #13
H2O

Went fishing Saturday afternoon (Sept 17) with my daughter.

Since, I'm so busy for school projects, I think it is the time I should do our tournament, although I believe a night-fishing will probably brings me a better result.

We went to a lock called Lower Brewer on Rideau Canal system. here is what it looks like:

The weather was very dark cloudy with light shower, and a bit cold (for bass), only 18C(64F).

We started at 12:00, and stoped fishing at 17:00 since my daughter was a little bit disappoint about her sunfish fishing.(too cold for sunfish, however, she caught a SM about 12" on a tiny jig).

There were two guys fishing there. I asked them what they were looking for, they told me they were looking for pike. And I was told it's really hard to catch bass there.

I started with crankbait to try to locate bass at first from the dock, no bite! So I switched it to spinnerbait. Caught three LM but all very small (around 8" ), however, I thought I found a hole on the other side of bank. It took me about one hour.
So I kept casting at almost the same spot. All I used were a 3/8oz spinnerbait and wacky YUM dinger(5" weightless), and didn't do pan casting.

I had no clue why all bass caught on spinnerbait were small, while all reasonable size bass caught on wacky dinger. Anybody has a idea?

I totally caught 14 LM and 2 pike(the one was on wacky dinger gave me an excited surprise at very first, I thought I caught 5LB bass!), and my daughter caught 1 SM and some sunfish.

I know it is not good enough for our tournament, but it is a good day for bank fishing with my daughter. And specially when the pike fishing guys finally told me that no body caught bass over 2LB there, I could see the pride on my daughter's face.

One thing really funny was taking the pictures of my fish. The pike fishing guys thought I was too weird to do these kind measure and photo stuff. They probably whispered each other kinda like this: " hey! Look at that stupid guy! what the hell's that..."

Any way. It was a great afternoon.

Here are the bass:

Measure:

16" 11" 2.2lb

15" 10.5" 2lb

14" 9.5" 1.7lb

12.5" 8.5" 1.2lb

12" 8" 1lb

Total: 8.1lb

Last edited by H2O; 09-18-05 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-18-05, 06:24 AM   #14
JB

WTG

We all love the pics!
That weight will be hard to beat..good luck
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-05, 11:02 AM   #15
KH.

man fish three has somethin wrong with him,i mean look at his eyes
Old 09-18-05, 11:25 AM   #16
Rebbasser

That looks like a beautiful spot to fish, H2O. Not a bad stringer, either. Good job!
Old 09-18-05, 11:37 AM   #17
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh51501
man fish three has somethin wrong with him,i mean look at his eyes
eyes? I only see one eye . Yeah I think it is because the camera flash. He was not dead, at least when I released him.

Is that you pointed out? Or something else?
Old 09-18-05, 12:23 PM   #18
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser
That looks like a beautiful spot to fish, H2O. Not a bad stringer, either. Good job!
Thanks! Rebbasser

It is beautiful there, specially after a busy summer vacation period. It becomes pretty quiet. And the best part is it is only 30km from my home. One more pic I took form the small parking lot before we left:

I mostly fish on the small lakes located on the same water system with my friend( use his boat and his waterfront cottage ). Bass grows up slowly due to the weather. Hard to catch a bass over 5lb, however, pike is crazy there. Last month an almost 13lb pike cracked my zara spook insanely, and he really knew the pike's urgly trick--wraped around my line about 20 times like a motor to try to break the line. I was using a spinner setup. so it was hard to fight this crazy guy. When I finally landed him, he really messed up our boat cuz the blood ( braid line always is sharp enough to cut in the fish body when he wrap around the line). My duddy is like: " R u catching a freakin' shark"

BTW, I remember that you've posted a topic that you recommended a good baitscast reel with a great price two days ago. I can't find the post. Could you recommend it again ? and furthermore, what is your suggestion about rod to match this reel. Thanks.

And one thing I want to tell you : I'm a big SPURS fan! Way to like how they play bball. I believe they will win again this season.

Last edited by H2O; 09-18-05 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-18-05, 12:47 PM   #19
Rebbasser

H2O-the thread is in the tips section under "bargain baitcast". The reel is Bass Pro Shops Extreme reel and the link is on that thread.

Regarding a rod-I use AllStar and Falcon Low Rider rods-I try to get them on sale for about $60. If you want to go for less I have had real good luck with Berkley Lightnin' rods in the past, and still use a couple for topwaters and floating worms. Bass Pro Shops rods are good, quality rods-I just do not like the hump handle they come with. For all around bass fishin you can't go wrong with a 6-6 MH action rod whatever brand you choose.
Yeah, the Spurs look like they can win it again-a lot of the same people are in place. I'm more of a football fan, but do enjoy watching the Spurs.
Old 09-18-05, 12:48 PM   #20
zooker

i am looking at that pic and thinking the board walk/conner area also don't forget that point and the back side of it from the sea wall to the rip rap transition should always hold fish..

like the old erie canel..

good stringer for canadian bass. by the way..

zooker
Old 09-18-05, 12:55 PM   #21
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
....also don't forget that point and the back side of it from the sea wall to the rip rap transition should always hold fish..

zooker
Thanks. Zooker. That's the exactly point I found the fishing hole.
Old 09-18-05, 01:16 PM   #22
Rebbasser

Fishy's 5:

I'll let him add the info.
Old 09-18-05, 01:22 PM   #23
NJBassDevil

I got some goodens!

Weight and lenght:

#1: 14'' by 9 inch girth- 1.47
#2: 16" by 12 inch girth-2.56
#3: 14" by 10 inch girth-1.63
#4: 14" by 9 inch girth - 1.47
#5: 12" by 9 inch girth - 1.08

Total Weight: 8.21 pounds.
Old 09-18-05, 01:29 PM   #24
zooker

nj devil has got ya h2o..

fishie were the story at dude you are looking to be very good..

zooker
Old 09-18-05, 01:32 PM   #25
NJBassDevil

yea but what about fishie?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.