Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-12, 04:08 PM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Sunday morning fishing

Friday evening and Saturday's reports are here if anyone is interested. Here is the recap of this morning's outing.

I slept in this morning and didn't hit the water until 7:45. I decided to make the long ride to a spot I hadn't been to in a couple years, and this is where I ended up.

The first toss of my 5" senko found a little 11.5" LM that wanted to visit my boat. My next cast ended up stuck on a wooden beam up on the road...nice cast! . After successfully getting it back, I had a little pike hit me on the retrieve of my next cast, but he got away just as I had net in hand. That was perfectly fine by me! After another dink LM (10.75"), I decided to try to avoid the little ones by switching to a 7" senko instead. It worked...sort of. I caught a bigger LM, but still only 13". It was chunky, however, and hit an even 2 pounds on my scale. After a bit longer with no more bites, I decided to leave that area after being there for about 30 minutes.

I headed for some pads to do some froggin', but didn't stick with it long because it was already hot and bright and I wanted to get somewhere with a little breeze. Right before I headed to a new location, I decided to toss my Koppers Field Mouse a couple times. On my first mouse cast, I landed this little 13-incher...a whopping 1lb 9oz...but still fun nonetheless.

I made another long run (for me anyway) back to near where our cabin is and hit a shoreline that has been productive and yielded some good-sized fish over the last few weeks. I worked it for a half hour without even so much as a nibble. I contemplated calling it a morning at that point after just 2 hours, but I decided to hit one more spot with a jig & pig. It had gotten quite windy by now, and I wanted to hit an area that produced well last year with a J&P on days with a strong south wind. That turned out to be a good call.

Shortly after I got to the new spot, I landed my best LM of the morning - 2lb 7oz, 15.75". Less than 10 minutes later, I landed a 14" LM. Then, less than 5 minutes after that, I made a particularly long cast with the wind and got jolted on the initial fall. I laid into the hook set and watched a fish jet out of the water and start going crazy on the other end. I knew immediately it was a Smallie...and a decent one at that! I finally got him up to the boat after a fun fight, but he wanted NO PART of my net. After I whiffed 3 times, I somehow got him netted and into the boat...YES! He measured 17.5" in length, had a 12.5" girth, and weighed 3lb 6oz.

I missed a couple other bites after that and then landed a 2lb 8oz pike for my last fish of the morning. 4 fish on a jig & pig in 45 minutes...fun stuff! I kept at it for another 20 minutes before heading back to the cabin for lunch.

Morning recap - 3.5 hours of fishing, 6 LM, 1 SM, 1 pike - a relaxing and enjoyable outing!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-12, 06:16 PM   #2
bcklash

Good report Dean. A good day.
Old 07-29-12, 10:35 PM   #3
WatterBoy

I went out tonight and just got pounded by the wind. I did pick up two nice ones in the 90 minutes I was out. Both were caught on a jig & pig.

The LM was 3lb 0oz, 16.25" and the SM was 3lb 1oz, 17.25".

Old 07-29-12, 10:52 PM   #4
bcklash

sweeeeeeettttttt
Old 07-30-12, 07:29 PM   #5
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Way to go Dean. Sounds like a lot of fun on the water.
Old 07-30-12, 07:55 PM   #6
Jrob78

Those are some healthy looking fish and the smallies are beautiful!
Old 07-30-12, 08:57 PM   #7
Tavery5

Great looking fish Dean, I can tell by the smile that you had a great time.
Old 07-30-12, 09:01 PM   #8
WaffleJaw

Dean....Your the man! Nice looking fish
Old 07-31-12, 11:06 PM   #9
joedog

Great reporting and great fishing.
When you can hold up a 3lb. SM and a 3lb. LM in each hand....well I call that well deserved great fishing day. Heck I'd just flat call it a great day.
Do I remember correctly, you still have a few days left of reporting.
I angushly await.
Thanks for the share Dean!
Old 07-31-12, 11:13 PM   #10
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Great reporting and great fishing.
When you can hold up a 3lb. SM and a 3lb. LM in each hand....well I call that well deserved great fishing day. Heck I'd just flat call it a great day.
Do I remember correctly, you still have a few days left of reporting.
I angushly await.
Thanks for the share Dean!
Yep, I have an outing from yesterday and two from today to report on. I have fallen behind, but I hope to get that done yet tonight.

I was waiting for someone to ask about that yellow thing sticking out of the Smallie in the Sunday morning pic, but I guess you all already know what that is.
Old 08-01-12, 09:43 PM   #11
rrw4258

Beautiful looking fish Dean! Glad you are able to get out alot this summer. It looks like you are having a great time!

Ryan

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.