Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-11, 02:16 PM   #11
Panthrosan
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Sounds like you have a great spot to fish. Catching six in a row is great but doing it in front of a crowd....priceless! I hope it encouraged the kids to do a little fishing.
I usually throw a few cheapie Wal-Mart rods I got when I first started fishing in the back of the truck in case a kid shows interest. My buddies and I actually gave a few rods out to some of the regular kids who had hung around us long enough and were respectful enough of our rods when we let them use them. To be honest, the neighborhood is a mixed bag of nice developments and a few Govt. Assistance apartments so if getting the kids involved in fishing instead of going out and doing stupid stuff helps out than what is a $20 rod/reel combo in the grand scheme of life to me? One of the kids can just throw out a bare hook and catch bluegill and some smaller bass seemingly at will so it makes me feel kind of ridiculous standing there with 3 rods and my fishing bag filled with stuff sometimes lol.
Panthrosan is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.