Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-06, 04:55 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Anyone Hear IKE at the last TV tournament?

I forget where last week bass tournament was that all the pro's were at, and on tv, but once they were covering mike iconelli catching fish, and his
"yell" is getting more tiresome and also directed to other anglers about "who'se going to win now".......at first his yell/bellows were great attention getters for the sport, now they are "so yesterday" IMO...
I've said it before, IKE is a great fisherman, but he needs a "new gimmick"
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-06, 05:31 PM   #2
Fish On
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Fish On

GOD I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY ME. He yells for every fish now. It is like a 2lb bass and he is screaming across the lake.
Old 06-04-06, 11:42 PM   #3
flamez
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

the messege u have entered is too short blah blah blah

AGREED
Old 06-05-06, 09:00 AM   #4
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

At times I would agree with you JB, about his yells getting tiresome, but I think it's directly related to his overall personality. He yells to keep himself pumped up, not so much to celebrate. I would like to see another "Brian Kerschel" come up through the ranks and set another example of what a professional is all about. I thought that little fish whistle brian used to "celebrate" with was a good personal expression as well. As far as Ike is concerned, I'm willing to tolerate the yells and screams as long as he is able to keep pulling the bass into the boat.
I personally think the coverage of most BASS tournaments is mostly a bunch of commercial crap these days. I only watch to see what the guys are using and how they fish the patterns they do. I don't appreciate the hype and format of using several different "commentators/annalist" who try to portray the tournament as some sort of major sporting event like the superbowl or something.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.