Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-08, 10:20 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default we have a possible kidny donor!!

ok, gang. i gotta tell ya'll the news. as some of you know, my wife is on the kidney transplant list. well one of our sister-in-laws is a tissue match now. her brothers wife. this just another step to getting my baby fixed. just wanted to let ya'll know, cause all your prayers are really helping. thank you for the thoughts and prayers. and i can't wait till ya'll meet her. she may not stay overnight with us at the get together. but i'll try to get her to come and eat and say hello. and no she is not on dyalis (i know, i STILL can't spel the darn word right, lol), but she is getting worse as she gets older. she only has 1 kidney, the other failed at age 6, and her function when we got married (over18 yrs ago) was 33%. now it is 18%. when it went under 20%, she got to get on disability. she is a lady that when you see her and talk to her, you would never even inmagine that she is in kidney failure. she is the sweetest and most giving person i have ever met. (not to mention sexiest, hehe) so again i thank you and keep sending your prayers. later guys............
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-08, 01:38 AM   #2
carolina-rig-01

bama, tell your wife that i am very happy for you both and give her a hug for me!!! my cousins wife went through the same thing, over the past couple of years she has had a kidney and pancreas transplant. she sounds a lot like your wife, never complains or wants to be the center of attention. it is an uphill battle for sure but hang in there, it sounds like things are gonna start getting better for you guys. our prayers are with you buddy!
Old 04-26-08, 05:21 AM   #3
brushhog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That's wonderful news, I will certainly keep you in my thoughts. Your love and support will be key to a successful recovery... God bless!
Old 04-26-08, 03:59 PM   #4
flbassman

I'm prayin, hope it all goes smoothly.....
Old 04-26-08, 10:25 PM   #5
pignjig
BassFishin.Com Active Member

God bless you and yours, Bama. It sounds like you all are both perfect gifts to each other. Many, many thoughts and prayers for your bride and for you...
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-08, 10:46 PM   #6
Rebbasser

Good news and I'll keep y'all in my prayers.
Old 04-26-08, 11:32 PM   #7
1/4 stick

bama, I didn't know. I'll keep you both in my prayers.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 12:07 AM   #8
MississippiBoy

That's great news, buddy. I know there's still a long road ahead of her and you, but this is a great big step down that road. And you already know I've been praying for her. Must've done some good, huh?
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 12:23 AM   #9
bamabassman

thank you gang. the wife has heard al of your remarks, and sends a very big thank you to each and every one of you. the prayers really are working for us. and she said that she will for sure be at the meet to thank you in person. and hey, maybe ya'll can teach her how to fish. because i ain't catching a thing out there. so i ain't the one to help her, hahaha. but seriously, thank you and god bless ya'll. gotta say.....yes i got teary eyed there too. thank you gang.
Old 04-27-08, 07:51 AM   #10
JB

great news and we all be prayin she does OK
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 10:36 AM   #11
bassintxlady
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

that's great news bama.....she sounds like a real gem that you got there...keep her shining and all will be good soon......my prayer is for her speedy recovery soon.....
Old 04-27-08, 07:42 PM   #12
woody

I'm happy to hear the GOOD NEWS!!! I just spoke a prayer for both of ya!!!
God Bless!!!
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 09:38 PM   #13
bcklash

prayers And Hugs, Keep Smiling Cause I Know You Are.
Old 04-27-08, 11:24 PM   #14
keithdog

Thats wonderful news friend. The prayers will continue for both of you. Including thanks to the Almighty above for the successful recovery I know your wife will have. Thanks for keeping us informed as to how things are going. Give your wife a hug for me as hugs are often the best medicine around. God bless you both.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-08, 07:34 AM   #15
Whup
BassFishin.Com Member

Great news Bama.I know yall are excited.UAB is a good hospital and the staff is very knowledgable.Be sure that you take good care of her bro's wife too.It is a wonderful thing she is doing.They say that the procedure is tougher on the donar than the recipient.It was in my case.I had too many arteries going into my kidneys(3 on the left and 2 on the right)They took my right kidey but couldn't do it with liproscopy<sp?> they had to cut me open from front to back.Are they gonna be able to do liproscopy on your wife's bro's wife?
I am very happy for yall and i hope to meet the little woman at the shin-dig.We can compare scars
Whup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-08, 04:24 PM   #16
Lilmoosecountry

May God bless you & watch over your house. I pray for a rapid recovery in the name of Jesus.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-08, 07:25 PM   #17
BERKLEY83

Thumbs up

That Is Great News. I Hope All Goes Well And We Will Keep You In Our Prayer.
BERKLEY83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-08, 08:09 PM   #18
bamabassman

Hey Guys and Gals,
This is Mrs. Bamabassman (Lisa), thanks for all yours prayers they really make a difference. All is going well, Don't know much about my possible donor, who is my Sister-in-law (aka my gaurdian angel) it's too early yet. We just found out she is a tissue match last Thur. still have a long way to go lots of tests etc... Thanks, again for keeping me in ya'lls prayers. John will keep everyone posted.
PS I'll see ya'll at the get together. I sure would like some fresh fish, hint!!hint!!
Old 04-28-08, 08:11 PM   #19
WTL

We'll get the fish Ms Bama, see ya there. You have my prayers as well.
Old 05-03-08, 03:47 PM   #20
bamabassman

well gang. we went to lisa's kidney doctor yeasterday. and he is ready to do the transplant ...like...NOW!!! lol, told hime that we still have to do a few more testing. then make sure that her sis-in-law is ready too. she is an elementary school teacher. school is out in 2 weeks for her. and we have to wait for U.A.B. to get things ready. and then there is lisa...she is of course nervous and doesn't want to endanger her sis-in-law. when ya'll see her. help in anyway you can.alk, she is in need of a pep talk, and she is tired of hearing mine, rotfl. (can't inmagine why, hahahaha) so. thanks for all the prayers. ya'll are a god send To us. GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. AND THANK YOU KEVIN. AND EVERYONE IN THIS ORGANISATION. (i know buzzie, the spelling again,lmao)
Old 05-03-08, 06:36 PM   #21
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Hope all is well for you and Lisa. God bless both of you.

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 09:57 PM   #22
barkelypup

All the Glory be to God, Guys even though I don't know any of you I feel like I do. I mostly lurk on here and chime in everyonce in a while. Ms. Bama you hang in there and Mr. Bama you do the same. You all just keep plugging away. It is amazing what prayer will do for you if you open your hearts and let him in. And keep this in mind. God is not going to put anything on us that we can't handle. Just keep on plugging. You got a Kentucky Boy pulling for you.

bP
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 11:51 PM   #23
carolina-rig-01

a missouri boy too!!! i wish i could go to guntersville to meet both of you, but since i can't make it just know that i am praying for the both of you!
Old 05-05-08, 05:12 AM   #24
1FASTLASER

Hey bud just saw this post. Sorry the lil lady is having prblems. Prayers will go out as well as I wil get in touch wth the right folks here in town so you will go onto several prayer lists. Keep your head up and talk to the best fisherman ever The Ld. He will help her out and make you more at ease. If I can do anything gimme a holler here or at wareagle50@hotmail.com.
Old 05-06-08, 11:34 AM   #25
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Bama... We'll be praying for you and Lisa and hope everything goes well for her!!! Also our prayers are with the donor as well! God Bless y'all!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.