Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-09, 07:23 PM   #1
Nater1300
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Black Max vs. Laser II Prop

Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I just became the proud owner of a Nitro Bass Boat that used to be my uncles (recently passed away from cancer). The boat came with an extra prop. The one on the boat is a Black Max and the extra one is a Laser II. The engine is a Mercury 115hp. Could anyone tell me what the difference is and which one I should use? We are heading up to Canada to fish for a week in the Spanish River and I want to make sure I figure all this stuff out before I go. The most boat experience I have is with a small outboard that you steer with the throttle handle

Any advise would be appreciated.
Nater1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-09, 07:47 PM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

There are some good prop guys on here, but they're gonna want to know the size and pitch of the prop, as well as the size of your boat (they may know all of the particulars if you just give them the model). Get the numbers off of the propeller (stamped on the barrel).
Old 08-07-09, 09:10 PM   #3
Nater1300
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks nofear! Told ya I'm new at this stuff. The boat is a '95 Nitro 170dc and the engine is a '97 Merc 115hp. The stamp on the Black Max is: 77348 A45 P21, the stamp on the Laser II is: Quick Silver 48 16996 A40 26P
Old 08-08-09, 08:22 AM   #4
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome to the forums. The 2 different props are very different. The Black one is nittin more than a standard aluminum prop in a 21p. The Laser ll is a high performance stainless. Stainless is the way to go BUT that 26p Laser is gonna be WAY to big fer your 115. Is this boat new???? If it is take the Laser back and explain that someone made a mistake. A 21p in a Laser is gonna be alot closer than a 26. The 26 is more for like a very hard hitting 150 or 200.
Old 08-08-09, 08:32 AM   #5
zooker

laser is right a 23p laser II prop seems to be THE prop of choice for the nitro/merc setup..

zooker
Old 08-08-09, 02:22 PM   #6
Nater1300
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks guys! No, the boat is a '95 and I am not sure where my uncle got the Laser. I don't recall him ever having it on the boat as long as he's had it. Maybe I should just sell it and pick up another stainless as a back-up.
Old 09-02-09, 09:21 AM   #7
Nater1300
BassFishin.Com Member

I still want to sell the 26p prop, how much do you think it would go for? I now need to replace my broken fish finder and need to convince the wife that it will be a wash if I sell the prop
Old 09-02-09, 09:53 AM   #8
nofearengineer

You can be sure your exact same prop is for sale by someone on ebay. Take a look, "watch" some of the sales, and it'll give you a decent idea of how much they are going for. That goes for everything, not just props.
Old 09-03-09, 05:58 AM   #9
1FASTLASER

Depending on the condition of the Laser..........low price would be around 150.....high price would be 250 but it has to be perfect for that price.
Old 09-03-09, 08:13 AM   #10
Nater1300
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks! I can only find a couple on e-bay that are 26p and they are not auction items, they are Buy it Now, so I can't tell what they are going for. There are quite a few dings in the prop so I think I will shoot for around $100.
Old 09-14-09, 06:25 AM   #11
1FASTLASER

So hows the boat doing bud???????????

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.