Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-10, 03:24 PM   #1
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Maybe the Dumbest Movie Scene...Ever

Stuck at home sick, watching crappy TV.

I just saw a scene from yet another of the mindless Fast and Furious movies.

Trapped, the main guy opens up his NO2 (Nitrous Oxide) bottle in his car, and rigs the cigarette lighter to blow up when the NO2 reaches it. The resulting explosion, perfectly timed during his "i'm tougher than you" speech to the bad guy, destroys umpteen of the bad gang's cars.

Awesome, right? Except for a really inconvenient truth (sorry, Al, but in this case, it really is the truth).

NO2 isn't flammable. To me, it looked about as ridiculous, as if they had trapped a clownmobile, and the clown had rigged his balloon-blowing helium tank to explode.

I know....it's a really dumb movie, and I honestly didn't expect better from them...I just felt like Roger Waters; i.e. 999 channels of $hit on the TV to choose from.
Old 07-10-10, 03:27 PM   #2
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Lmao nofear you gotta remember the first fast and furious were a car blew up because of no2 as well . Some stuff is just good for the movies ,and not life .

Jim
Old 07-10-10, 03:38 PM   #3
bassboogieman

Technical details, only and engineer would know that. Most of US that love that series only made it to 7th grade and we don't know any better. Just like you elitist, smart dudes to try and burst our bubble, and destroy one of our most treasured escapes from reality. Anyway if you took your regular hits of the Nitrous while watching you probably wouldn't even notice, you'd just be LYAO like the rest of US. Ok my rant is over, I gotta go flip the burgers................

Quote:
Stuck at home sick, watching crappy TV.
You could have made more productive use of your time by changing some hooks, or at least updating some of your procdures in the NFE manual. When is it being published, BTW? I'd like an autographed first edition. Actually I am terribly jealous of you guys being able to fish. I haven't been out in weeks due to the storms & heat in our Region, I'm working 80 hour weeks and it's driving me nuts.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 07-10-10 at 03:55 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 03:39 PM   #4
nofearengineer

You know I live to be a buzzkill, Boogie.
Old 07-10-10, 04:59 PM   #5
keithdog

Sorry to hear your home sick. I just sent you a PM asking how you did on Patoka today. Guess you can ignore that one. I kinda liked the first Fast and Furious movie, but the rest I could do without. Hope your back on the water soon!
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 06:06 PM   #6
nofearengineer

Wow...I just realized I posted this in the Braggin Board instead of Non-Fishing. Must have been the fever.
Old 07-10-10, 08:12 PM   #7
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Wow...I just realized I posted this in the Braggin Board instead of Non-Fishing. Must have been the fever.
That's ok, but I had to do a check upstairs in the techniques section becuz I coulda swore you had a "mission" today?? What happened?
Old 07-11-10, 12:13 AM   #8
cassidyta

Quote:

I was sure that he posted it in Bragging to show off his abnormally large brain.
Old 07-11-10, 11:02 AM   #9
bamabassman

cass............BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

bryce, sorry pal. why is everybody picking on ya pal?
Old 07-11-10, 12:46 PM   #10
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
bryce, sorry pal. why is everybody picking on ya pal?
I think it's because he doesn't know how to change hooks on crankbaits.
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 12:51 PM   #11
WTL

Blood is mostly water.

The aliens in Signs are killed instantly by water.

Why, therefore, would they even be near animals that are walking water balloons, on a planet that is %70 water, with water even floating around in the form of humidity?

M Night Shalamayan should be sent back to india and treated as untouchable. He has no business making movies.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 01:24 PM   #12
Jrob78

The horribly inaccurate use of firearms in...pretty much every movie with guns drives me crazy.

I don't know how many times I've seen someone rack the slide to eject a round and then take the magazine out to unload a gun. It's still loaded!!
Old 07-11-10, 06:49 PM   #13
cassidyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Blood is mostly water.

The aliens in Signs are killed instantly by water.

Why, therefore, would they even be near animals that are walking water balloons, on a planet that is %70 water, with water even floating around in the form of humidity?

M Night Shalamayan should be sent back to india and treated as untouchable. He has no business making movies.
Well, there goes my movie night. Thanks alot for spoiling the ending.
Old 07-11-10, 07:35 PM   #14
nofearengineer

ROFL.

Yeah, Billy. You have no right to discuss the plot of an 8 year old movie.

ROFL (again).
Old 07-11-10, 08:32 PM   #15
cassidyta

Well, this one looks good. The sixth sense...Might be worth a shot....LOL
Old 07-11-10, 09:02 PM   #16
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
Well, there goes my movie night. Thanks alot for spoiling the ending.
I did you a favor, the movie sucks. So bad, in fact, that 8 years later I'm still pissed about that garbage.

I mean come on, the family doesnt even do anything. They go down into the basement, and then, walla, some guy knocks on the door and says "oh well, the aliens are all dead, water kills them, this concludes the movie, jackasses"...and thats the end. I mean maybe there was some other ****, but thats pretty much it. So we dont even see kids chasing down aliens with superr soakers or guys actually using the time tested pissing match to kill aliens or people hocking deadly loogies or any of the other ideas that might have redeemed, or at least mitigated, the terribleness of the movie....
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 09:44 AM   #17
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
...or guys actually using the time tested pissing match to kill aliens....
That would have COMPLETELY redeemed that movie, IMHO. Mel Gibson drops his pants, pulls out Dirty Harry and saves the day...I'm laughing just thinking about it....

I have to force myself to keep my mouth shut during most movies and TV shows...it's the only way to keep peace in my house. For example, my wife loves Grey's Anatomy, so I got to watch the season finale with her for two hours one night. (Spoiler alert!!!!! )

The season finale this year involved a man whose wife was taken off life support after a huge brain hemorrage. He goes nuts, buys a 9mm, and starts shooting doctors and nurses throughout the hospital. Here's the problem...the hospital is on lockdown, nobody in or out. The SWAT team they send in is comprised of ONLY 5 people, who are apparently the slowest people ever to walk this planet. They're called in about 15 minutes into the show, but they only see the shooter twice, once maybe halfway through the show, and then, of course, at the very end. The first time they see him, he's about to shoot one of the main characters, but is stopped when one of the SWAT team shoots him first, wounding him in the left shoulder. Now, I'm no expert, but don't you think that this (apparently) lone SWAT member would call in the other 4 guys and have the guy arrested or dead within a couple of minutes? No, or course not...the shooter and the doctor he was about to kill manage to lock eyes and stare at each other for several seconds, until the doctor runs off and the shooter slowly gets to his feet and stumbles away. He's a 70-something man with a 5.56mm hole in his shoulder....he's not going to be winning any races here.
Later, he walks in on two more doctors caring for a young patient. One of the doctors gives him some bandages as kind of a plea for mercy. His left arm is useless, so he holds out his right hand to accept the bandages. Guess what's in his right hand? THE GUN!!!! If you want to live, TAKE IT OUT OF HIS HAND while his fingers are open and it's just sitting on the palm of his hand. But no, she just places the bandages on top of the gun and prays he walks away without killing her, her girlfriend, and the 12 year old patient.
Old 07-12-10, 10:22 PM   #18
bamabassman

this is why there are 4 tv's in my house. the wife can watch whatever she wants in the living room or master bedroom. i go to my little office (where i am now) and watch something really good. or not a thing at all.
Old 07-13-10, 07:08 AM   #19
walkeraviator

First of all M. Night Shyamalan is not an action movie guy so if you were going into the movie signs expecting Independence Day or Alien then no wonder you hated it. I for one list it as one of the all time best movies i have ever seen. As a metter of fact I think what ruined it was allowing you to actualy see teh alien at the end. When it wasjust a shadow, leaving all of the details to your imagination, it ltes yoru mind plaster all your worst hidden fears on the creature. Secondly, them hiding in teh basement is more accurate than running out *** kickin the aliens. Even those of us who claim we would get out our guns and go fight would in reality go into hiding in teh basement with our families as well... because that is what a responsible father is SUPPOSED to do... protect his family and not go out acting like buck rogers...

Rant OFF

but i will have to agree with inaccurate technical details in movies... especially involving guns, cars, airpcraft, military procedure, military uniforms being worng is a huge nono to me. But on the flip side, when a movie gets it right, or at least mostly right, it is really sweet. Good examples of getting it right are(or mostly right)...Black Hawk Down, We were Soldiers, Band of Brothers...but i have yet to see an aviation movie that gets even close to right... Flight of The Intruder may be the closest to realistic but is still way off...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 09:42 AM   #20
WaffleJaw

No fear next time your sick just throw in some Con Air and see how long you can stand Nicolas Cage's awesome accent!.

''This is your Barbecue Cyrus .....and it taste good!''
Old 07-13-10, 09:49 AM   #21
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
but i have yet to see an aviation movie that gets even close to right... Flight of The Intruder may be the closest to realistic but is still way off...
Wait a second.....do you mean to tell me Top Gun wasn't realistic?

A couple of other things that truly pi$$ me off in movies:

A shotgun blast knocks a guy back 15 feet...usually through a big plate glass window. For some odd reason, the guy firing the shotgun never seems to be pushed backwards at all. Isaac Newton rolls over in his grave every time this happens.

Some really clever person holds a lighter or something on fire to a sprinkler head, and the whole building is suddenly consumed in a torrential downpour of sprinkler water. As a construction engineer, this one particularly gets my goat. Sprinkler heads are designed to put the water only where there is a fire; i.e, maybe the single head will go off, but that's it.
Old 07-13-10, 09:51 AM   #22
Jrob78

Nicolas Cage is the worst!! Check out Face/Off if you want to see a truly horrible movie.
Old 07-13-10, 10:09 AM   #23
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
Nicolas Cage is the worst!! Check out Face/Off if you want to see a truly horrible movie.

Well John Travolta....Were gonna have to cut your face off so you can go undercover and find the whereabouts of a bomb....This is much easier and smarter than cutting a deal with the weak, nerdy brother.

Nicolas Cage plays the same character in every movie......I think him and Will Smith should start their own actor's guild.
Old 07-13-10, 10:13 AM   #24
WaffleJaw

Quote:

A shotgun blast knocks a guy back 15 feet...usually through a big plate glass window. For some odd reason, the guy firing the shotgun never seems to be pushed backwards at all. Isaac Newton rolls over in his grave every time this happens.

Some really clever person holds a lighter or something on fire to a sprinkler head, and the whole building is suddenly consumed in a torrential downpour of sprinkler water. As a construction engineer, this one particularly gets my goat. Sprinkler heads are designed to put the water only where there is a fire; i.e, maybe the single head will go off, but that's it.
Someone said that maybe if they didnt wear themselves out on volleyball maybe Goose wouldnt have died the next day!..haha!
Old 07-13-10, 11:43 AM   #25
walkeraviator

Quote:

And every time Chuck norris kicks someone down they land on a piece of cheap furniture that breaks like glass. YOu would think he could kick someones *** in an open field just once... or maybe the bad guys could use that drug money to buy furniture not made out of plywood.
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.