Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-08, 09:36 PM   #1
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Deer

Put some pics up!!!! Archery season opened here yesterday, had a yearling walk right under me this afternoon, and some does just out of range yesterday mornin.....Should hopefully have a pic up by the end of the week
How's everybody else doin?
Old 09-21-08, 09:47 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ya gonna LOVE this pal. watched a HUGE buck feed at the state park this weekend. yes i was trying to figure out a way to get him out without anyone seeing me and going to jail,hahahahaha. kidding of course, but he was HUGE!!!! rack like you want fer a light fixture. sorry no pics. wife said it would scare him away.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-08, 10:20 PM   #3
flbassman

Man, I hate when that happens. My buddy had a nice 6 walk in front of his truck at a stop sign in his neighborhood....... (Six points is a big deal here) Any points is a big deal here. A deer on land you can hunt that is bigger than a golden retriever is a big deal here
Old 09-22-08, 11:52 AM   #4
Lilmoosecountry

Locally i pretty much gave up on hunting. Trust me i'm not against it. I just can't afford it any more. I understand why farmers charge fee's. But at 500 to 1500 a season here. Itz just out of my range. We talk about Anti-Hunters doing this to us. But what we don't talk about is how the MARKETING of hunting is taking away our rights as well. It saddens me. Hunting use to help feed the poor to help get them through the winter. To day if your not rich or lucky enough to know some one tuff luck. I did the public hunting land thing last year. But there were mor hunters than deer to go around.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 09-22-08 at 12:02 PM.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 12:31 PM   #5
Fishnngolfn

I am going hunting in October with a men's camping trip with our church. We will not be hunting deer but "wild game". I have never gone on one of these hunting trips but from what I am told, we will be hunting squirrel, rabbit, armadillo, and other small game. This should be interesting and fun I would imagine.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 12:32 PM   #6
JB

My brother in law (now in Iraq) works with the dude that got the big un a few years ago. check out this rack!

Hunter Dennis Rulli submitted this picture of a huge ten-point buck he harvested on December 1st. 2006 on his farm in Greenford, Ohio. The buck has tremendous mass and tall tines. The deer dressed out at 220 lbs. Dennis tells me, “This is a deer of a lifetime…”. I bet it is! What a monster!
Unfortunately Dennis Rulli did not with what he harvested the buck and what he green scored. To me this buck looks like he easily could green score 176 B & C.
Congratulations Dennis on a terrific deer.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 01:16 PM   #7
cassidyta

I tried hunting once after I moved out here. A good buck dresses out at 85lbs. 100 lbs is a trophy. Just couldn't get into it.
Old 09-22-08, 05:26 PM   #8
bamabassman

hahaha, yea when i first moved down to south bama (coast line), every big deer hunter was showing off their kills, mannnn i couldn't my laughter for long. they said what ? you ain't seen no deer this big dude. i just laughed and told em to go north about 6 hours and then say that. and cassidyta, your right 100# buck with 6 pionts is huge for the southern areas. i have seen DOES that big around here though.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.