Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-10, 07:14 PM   #1
thekevster
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Good fishfinder for around 400$?

I am getting a new fish finder soon to put on my center console and I want
to keep the price around 400$.I heard Garmin makes some pretty good fishfinders and I was looking at the 400c,also was looking at lowrance.What do you guys use or recommend? I have to keep it around 400$ though.
thekevster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-10, 01:29 PM   #2
dave0943
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I'm curious as well. I am rebuilding a bass boat and added a cheap Garmin 160c this year. The unit works pretty good for 199.00. Color image is pretty decent for the price. It so far has been accurate. This unit will be used on the driving console for water depth and temp. I plan to add another unit in the front of the boat, possibly with side image or at least three beam. It would be nice to find a unit in the 4-5 hundred range, but I do realize I'll most likely be spending quite a bit more. Will hunt over the off season. I don't believe its a good idea to buy a used unit. I'd sure be cautious.
dave0943 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.