Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-09, 06:38 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
Bassboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Shawano, WI
Posts: 7,761
Default '09 fishing season wrap up!

Well, the '09 fishing season will be officially over 12:01 AM to night. Your will go into storage, the boat, and all your fishing stuff will be in hibernation until spring! I'm sure we all had pretty good years ('sept bama! ), learned some new things, caught some fish on some new lure, caught some good fish, and stuff like that.

As for me, I learned a lot bout spinnerbaits and how to fish them more affectively, and am now absolutely fanatic about them. Also caught my first fish on a jig, and quite a few of 'em on a jig too! Also caught a bunch of fish on a buzzbait, something I've never had much luck with.

I was also lucky enough to get some really nice fish this year, 7 of them over 5lbs and 2 going just over six. That and countless 3lb plus pounders! And something I really hyped about is catching 200th bass just today a 3.11lber on 7.5" culprit fire and ice worm. I was flipping between some pads, and reed, into a Milfoil arch. She slamed it and swam into the stuff, I muscled her out, got close and swung her up! My line broke as soon as she got over land too! I was totally going Ike!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for next year's season (Starting tomorrow ), I plan on catching some fish on lizards, top water plugs, and c-rigs. Something I've never had very much luck on. And since I broke the 200 mark, this year, I hope to break 250! I'd also like to figurer out the bass here in the summer. BUT above all, I plan on breaking my PB of 8lbs, and like to get that magical 10lber!

Well, now you know how my year was, and what I wanna accomplish next year, how about you guys?

Have a happy new year everyone, and stay safe!
__________________
If you can't fix it with heavy squats or fish oil, you're probably going to die.

Last edited by Bassboss; 01-01-10 at 09:49 AM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 08:41 PM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
nofearengineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest IN
Posts: 5,630
Default

Sounds like you had a good year, Boss. Here's hoping you have an even better 2010.



As for me, I'm just hoping to get through the next calendar without driving any more old farts over the edge into hysteria.

(But I'll settle for an 8lb'er...<crossing fingers>)
__________________
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 09:31 AM   #3
danielbasspro
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
danielbasspro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Altamonte Springs Florida
Posts: 252
Default

I had the best season a guy could ask for I caught a 12 pounder, a ten pounder, a couple 7's,a couple 8's, a few 6's as well and Countless smaller ones. This new season im looking into throwing a sammy, crankbaits, and and spoons. I never had a whole lotta luck on these but i need to widen my variety as a fisherman who knows maybe one of these would become my best technique. But in reality my season hasnt ended its getting hot again in orlando so i plan on catchin em for a while I think I might go today
__________________
Daniel
danielbasspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 09:38 AM   #4
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
Bassboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Shawano, WI
Posts: 7,761
Default

Cool guys, sounds like a really year! 'speciality for you Daniel! I just wish I lived further up north! But I dunno nofear, theirs some real cookys out there *cough, muddy, cough, cough*
__________________
If you can't fix it with heavy squats or fish oil, you're probably going to die.

Last edited by Bassboss; 01-01-10 at 09:50 AM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 10:27 AM   #5
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
bamabassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: cedar bluff, alabama
Posts: 15,292
Default

Boss, you couldn't be more right pal as far as my fishing went last year. BUT.... this year is gonna be different.............i hope. We still have a lot to do with the new house, but time will take care of that i am sure. I am wanting to fish as much as i can in the coming year. And hopefully i will be able to so long as things go in the right direction.
So glad you had such a great year. It thrills me to no end to see youngsters such as yourself go out and catch bass like you have.
__________________
so many lures, so little time.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 10:47 AM   #6
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
Bassboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Shawano, WI
Posts: 7,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
Boss, you couldn't be more right pal as far as my fishing went last year. BUT.... this year is gonna be different.............i hope. We still have a lot to do with the new house, but time will take care of that i am sure. I am wanting to fish as much as i can in the coming year. And hopefully i will be able to so long as things go in the right direction.
So glad you had such a great year. It thrills me to no end to see youngsters such as yourself go out and catch bass like you have.
Aw shucks, thanks John!

Ya, I hope you have a great you too, you really earned it after last year.
__________________
If you can't fix it with heavy squats or fish oil, you're probably going to die.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 09:36 AM   #7
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
MallenManson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Beulah, Michigan
Posts: 6,431
Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default

My year was a blast! Put a boat in the water for the 1st time and ended up hitting 12 different lakes with it.
Learned to fish frogs and spinnerbaits. Honestly don't know how I ever got by without 'em!
Work was slow this year, again, but as long as we're close to 40 hours, we don't work Fridays so I spent a TON of time on the water and loved every minute of it.
Also got my PB of 4 1/2. Bait, to you Florida guys lol.
Is it spring yet?
__________________
Bass fear me.
Women pepperspray me.....
MallenManson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 09:56 AM   #8
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
Bassboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Shawano, WI
Posts: 7,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
My year was a blast! Put a boat in the water for the 1st time and ended up hitting 12 different lakes with it.
Learned to fish frogs and spinnerbaits. Honestly don't know how I ever got by without 'em!
Work was slow this year, again, but as long as we're close to 40 hours, we don't work Fridays so I spent a TON of time on the water and loved every minute of it.
Also got my PB of 4 1/2. Bait, to you Florida guys lol.
Is it spring yet?
Haha, 4 1/2 lbs is still a good kid fish!

Sounds like a really solid year mallen!
__________________
If you can't fix it with heavy squats or fish oil, you're probably going to die.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 10:11 AM   #9
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
MallenManson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Beulah, Michigan
Posts: 6,431
Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Haha, 4 1/2 lbs is still a good kid fish!

Sounds like a really solid year mallen!


Yeah it was. Still amazes me that I took 9 years off from fishing.
Apparently, I'm trying to make up for it.
Gotta admit, joining this site made me wanna get out there even more.
__________________
Bass fear me.
Women pepperspray me.....
MallenManson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 10:49 AM   #10
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
Bassboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Shawano, WI
Posts: 7,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
Yeah it was. Still amazes me that I took 9 years off from fishing.
Apparently, I'm trying to make up for it.
Gotta admit, joining this site made me wanna get out there even more.
Wow! 9 years is a long to go with out fishing. Why'd you ever stop?
__________________
If you can't fix it with heavy squats or fish oil, you're probably going to die.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 10:56 AM   #11
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
MallenManson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Beulah, Michigan
Posts: 6,431
Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Wow! 9 years is a long to go with out fishing. Why'd you ever stop?

Pretty much lost all my free weekend time for a few years. Started building my 1st house, as well as my Dad's 2nd at the same time. Once those were done, we were helping others on their places, or working cash jobs on weekends and eventually we started over, with his 3rd house and my 2nd.
After a while, I just pretty much got used to not fishing and forgot about it really.
Oddly enough, all it took to get me fired back up was calling a buddy of mine up, 2 seasons ago, and him answering from his boat. Then it all came back to me. With a vengeance.
__________________
Bass fear me.
Women pepperspray me.....
MallenManson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 12:08 PM   #12
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
Bassboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Shawano, WI
Posts: 7,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
Pretty much lost all my free weekend time for a few years. Started building my 1st house, as well as my Dad's 2nd at the same time. Once those were done, we were helping others on their places, or working cash jobs on weekends and eventually we started over, with his 3rd house and my 2nd.
After a while, I just pretty much got used to not fishing and forgot about it really.
Oddly enough, all it took to get me fired back up was calling a buddy of mine up, 2 seasons ago, and him answering from his boat. Then it all came back to me. With a vengeance.
Hmmm.. interesting story mallen!
__________________
If you can't fix it with heavy squats or fish oil, you're probably going to die.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 06:34 PM   #13
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
bamabassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: cedar bluff, alabama
Posts: 15,292
Default

Mallen...i took off almost 15 yrs. I understand what you felt when you got back into it pal. Now after having to take off last year for house building.......I AM GOING CRAZY RIGHT NOW! HAHA!
__________________
so many lures, so little time.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 07:24 PM   #14
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
Bassboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Shawano, WI
Posts: 7,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
Mallen...i took off almost 15 yrs. I understand what you felt when you got back into it pal. Now after having to take off last year for house building.......I AM GOING CRAZY RIGHT NOW! HAHA!
Damn, 15 years... that's like my whole life..... what your story bama?
__________________
If you can't fix it with heavy squats or fish oil, you're probably going to die.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 07:49 PM   #15
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
MallenManson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Beulah, Michigan
Posts: 6,431
Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default

15 years, bama? I deserve to be slapped. You deserve at least 2.
Here's an example of how bad it was for me this last year.
A girl was supposed to come over to my place for dinner. I called her up from the lake and asked if she wanted to come over a little later. She says "You're out fishing again, aren't you?"
__________________
Bass fear me.
Women pepperspray me.....
MallenManson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 07:58 PM   #16
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
nofearengineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest IN
Posts: 5,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
15 years, bama? I deserve to be slapped. You deserve at least 2.
Here's an example of how bad it was for me this last year.
A girl was supposed to come over to my place for dinner. I called her up from the lake and asked if she wanted to come over a little later. She says "You're out fishing again, aren't you?"
ROFL....Mallen, you rule.
__________________
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 08:50 PM   #17
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
MallenManson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Beulah, Michigan
Posts: 6,431
Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
ROFL....Mallen, you rule.


Now that's what I call high praise right there!
__________________
Bass fear me.
Women pepperspray me.....
MallenManson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 09:17 PM   #18
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
bamabassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: cedar bluff, alabama
Posts: 15,292
Default

You are right mallen, i lived in the coastal waters for 17 yrs. TRIED to fish down there, but as wtl will attest, it is NOWHERE near the fishing up here on guntersville, smith, or even weiss (which i hate by the way), or any other lake north of montgomery, al.
So i spent as much time working as i could so that when the time to move came up, i would be ready boss. Now that time is here.
__________________
so many lures, so little time.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 01:04 AM   #19
Abbeysdad
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
Abbeysdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central NY - Finger Lakes
Posts: 1,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
15 years, bama? I deserve to be slapped. You deserve at least 2.
Here's an example of how bad it was for me this last year.
A girl was supposed to come over to my place for dinner. I called her up from the lake and asked if she wanted to come over a little later. She says "You're out fishing again, aren't you?"
Now I love to fish, but I woulda been home early .... or maybe I've just been married too long!
__________________
Fish now, work later
Abbeysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 09:04 AM   #20
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
Bassboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Shawano, WI
Posts: 7,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
You are right mallen, i lived in the coastal waters for 17 yrs. TRIED to fish down there, but as wtl will attest, it is NOWHERE near the fishing up here on guntersville, smith, or even weiss (which i hate by the way), or any other lake north of montgomery, al.
So i spent as much time working as i could so that when the time to move came up, i would be ready boss. Now that time is here.
Dang... well, at least you got what you wanted!

But looks like you've had (and still do ) have some catching up to do.
__________________
If you can't fix it with heavy squats or fish oil, you're probably going to die.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 09:31 AM   #21
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
MallenManson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Beulah, Michigan
Posts: 6,431
Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Dang... well, at least you got what you wanted!

But looks like you've had (and still do ) have some catching up to do.

I'm bettin' he will
__________________
Bass fear me.
Women pepperspray me.....
MallenManson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 09:31 AM   #22
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
MallenManson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Beulah, Michigan
Posts: 6,431
Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbeysdad View Post
Now I love to fish, but I woulda been home early .... or maybe I've just been married too long!

Why? She still came over
__________________
Bass fear me.
Women pepperspray me.....
MallenManson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2013 BassFishin.Com LLC