Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 05-20-11, 10:49 PM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 1 cast, 1 bass!

Well, I made it down to IA today to fish with my dad and uncle this weekend, and we got out for about an hour tonight before the rain forced us to quit. I was using my brand new Abu Garcia Veritas rod, my brand new Shimano Symetre reel and some brand new Seaguar InvisX fluoro line, and I caught at 1lb 5oz, 12.5" LM on my very first cast! I couldn't believe it. I was fishing from shore and using a 5" wacky-rigged senko (Watermelon w/ red & green flakes) on a dropshot. My uncle caught a little 12" LM a short time later, but unfortunately my dad was skunked. I also had one other hit on a money hound, but never hooked up on that one. Sounds like we're in for some rain and storms here for most of tomorrow, but we're hoping we can get at least some small breaks in the weather and get some more fishing in.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-11, 09:00 AM   #2
MIbasser

Nice job WB! How do you like that new combo?
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-11, 10:46 AM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds like a good day water boy! Congrats, first cast bass are always good bass what ever the size!
Old 05-21-11, 10:49 AM   #4
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIbasser View Post
Nice job WB! How do you like that new combo?
Thanks MIb. I went back out this morning and fished for just under two hours, much of the time in the rain, and after using the combo twice, I love it! It's casts very smoothly and easily and it seems to be very sensitive. I don't know enough about it to know if that's just the fluoro line or if the rod helps with the sensitivity as well. I caught a tiny 10.5" LM after about an hour. Then I landed a nice, chunky 16.5 incher that weighed 3lbs even on my scale. For me that's a real nice fish, so it was fun to catch one like that again after the long layoff! I'll try to get a pic posted soon.

Update - see this thread for the pics.

Last edited by WatterBoy; 05-21-11 at 03:32 PM.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-11, 07:42 PM   #5
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

watterboy is offically now busitng dem bassies. congrats dean, i know it felt good to bag that first one pal.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.